Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing to note about Box 5 is that they have now raised the price from $21 to $23 due to the dollar losing value against the Won. The note on the page says: *Please note that there has been a price change to Memebox due to currency exchange rate. We will adjust the price accordingly.* When I bought it yesterday it was still $21 so I assume they will continue to honor that, but from now on it will be $23 + Shipping.
Oh, I got it for $21.00 and they also gave me $7.00. Though I don't know whether that $7.00 was from before or not, so don't quote me on that!!! I'm sure they will honor what you paid for it. That would not be good CS if they didn't!

I think memebox's ONE flaw (a very small one) is that they're not informing their partners (youtubers/bloggers) about these changes. They never sent us an e-mail about no longer offering the $7 in credits to reimburse shipping, and they said nothing about the price increase. So I would have continued to tell people about it and not know. They are really awesome at getting back to me and they've been super generous with planning giveaway items and review items for their partners etc, but I would have loved an e-mail letting me know about all the changes! I think I might e-mail them and see if there's anything else that might change in the coming months due to the extremely high demand for their boxes!
You go girl!!!!!! You are one with it lady!!

Preorder memebox 5th now, start shipping February 21st! It went up in price by 2 $ c I used my 14 credit got it for 15.99.

So I went through and tested a ton of products from 2 and 3 yesterday.  I loove love love love the bb cream from box 2 - wore it out last night and it lasted really well.  Today I wore the whitening 3 part combo (from box 3) (cc cream, moisturizer, solid cc) and I might even like it better! Both covered up my very red cheeks without making me look like a corpse or unnatural.  I'm super impressed. I'd actually thought about getting an airbrush to try and fix the red, but this is way easier and works!  

Let's see.. I also used the anti hair loss stuff from box 2. It seemed like a good deep conditioner.  I'm a little confused though - there's a full size bottle of something and then packets. Are they the same thing? Different? The card only mentioned one item, so..eh?

I also tried the eye serum, but I never can tell if it's working or not. I guess I have to try it for a couple days in a row.  

I used the maple sap stuff after my bath last night, and it felt nice, but not super hydrating.  The cream cheese bounce stuff though - wow, great moisturizer but wieeerd texture. 

Tried the lip tint - I looked like i'd been drinking koolaid fruit punch. Is that what it's supposed to look like? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I think if I kept layering it i'd get a more even coating, but I decided to put another color on top, and it did make a nice red base layer to add some dimension to the liquid lippy on top. 

Can't wait for 4! It's been a long time since I've been excited about skincare products!

Man, I've been away from the Internet for a few days and so many things happened! Box 2 hasn't even shipped yet, so I'm restraining myself from ordering more... It's so tempting, though erk... Even with the price increase.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I went through and tested a ton of products from 2 and 3 yesterday.  I loove love love love the bb cream from box 2 - wore it out last night and it lasted really well.  Today I wore the whitening 3 part combo (from box 3) (cc cream, moisturizer, solid cc) and I might even like it better! Both covered up my very red cheeks without making me look like a corpse or unnatural.  I'm super impressed. I'd actually thought about getting an airbrush to try and fix the red, but this is way easier and works!  

Let's see.. I also used the anti hair loss stuff from box 2. It seemed like a good deep conditioner.  I'm a little confused though - there's a full size bottle of something and then packets. Are they the same thing? Different? The card only mentioned one item, so..eh?

I also tried the eye serum, but I never can tell if it's working or not. I guess I have to try it for a couple days in a row.  

I used the maple sap stuff after my bath last night, and it felt nice, but not super hydrating.  The cream cheese bounce stuff though - wow, great moisturizer but wieeerd texture. 

Tried the lip tint - I looked like i'd been drinking koolaid fruit punch. Is that what it's supposed to look like? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I think if I kept layering it i'd get a more even coating, but I decided to put another color on top, and it did make a nice red base layer to add some dimension to the liquid lippy on top. 

Can't wait for 4! It's been a long time since I've been excited about skincare products!
Your post makes me even MORE excited to get my box!! and I didn't even think that was possible...

Memebox e-mailed me back though and it is in Oregon, and I am Michigan, so woohoo for it being in the same country! =)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love the BB cream too! it has excellent coverage! I've only played with the Banila Co CC cream stuff but your glowing review has made me want to grab it and play around with it a bit more tomorrow!

As for the conditioner I agree it's really nice! I asked memebox about the packets and they said: it's the same conditioner, along with the matching shampoo. They added them so that we could try the shampoo as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Tonymoly lip tint is ridiculously popular in Korea. They love that "just ate a cherry popsicle" appearance on the lips. I think for someone who isn't looking for that appearance on the lips, it makes an excellent base for red lips, which is how I use it. 

And omg the cheese cream...the best thing in that box for me. I absolutely love how moisturizing it is. I has a bad incident with a skincare product that dried out my skin so incredibly bad and using that cream for just a couple of days completely calmed and moisturized my skin back to normal again. Looove it!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  And omg the cheese cream...the best thing in that box for me. I absolutely love how moisturizing it is. I has a bad incident with a skincare product that dried out my skin so incredibly bad and using that cream for just a couple of days completely calmed and moisturized my skin back to normal again. Looove it!

I am super excited about the cheese cream. My face is a super dry disaster. I had been using a Cetaphil moisturizer, but it was making my nose greasy even though the skin is flaking off. I switched to the Nourish Organics face lotion that came in the January Ipsy bag. It makes my skin feel much better, but I don't feel like the moisture lasts through the whole day. I'm back to slathering on Vitamin C serum at night, which smells like burnt hair. Yuck. I have really high hopes for this cheese cream! Picking up box 3 from the post office tomorrow after work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by msambrosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am super excited about the cheese cream. My face is a super dry disaster. I had been using a Cetaphil moisturizer, but it was making my nose greasy even though the skin is flaking off. I switched to the Nourish Organics face lotion that came in the January Ipsy bag. It makes my skin feel much better, but I don't feel like the moisture lasts through the whole day. I'm back to slathering on Vitamin C serum at night, which smells like burnt hair. Yuck. I have really high hopes for this cheese cream! Picking up box 3 from the post office tomorrow after work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Let us know what you end up thinking of the cream! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope it works for you!

Remember how I was having that issue with my tracking not working? CS told me to give it a few days. It never started working, but the post office called and said my box was there, so I didn't worry about it. According to the e-mail I was sent, the 3rd edition box was shipped out to me. When I got to the post office, though, it was actually the 2nd edition. I was so looking forward to the cheese cream, but I'm really excited about the bb cream in this one. I put a little on my hand and it feels nice. Sent a message to customer service to check on the other box. 

I missed the 4th box, but I am definitely going to preorder the 5th. 

I finally picked up my box 3 today!! ....and I love it!! I have been looking for a new eye cream, and getting a Dr. Jart one is amazing. I'm really excited to try everything, even the lip mask. I have subscribed to Glossybox, Birchbox, Ipsy, and countless others before, but I like this one much more than all of those. For the first time, I am super pleased since I will probably use every single thing in this box. Will try the cheese cream (which smells delightful 
smile.gif
 ) and eye serum tonight.

Can't wait for box 2 to be shipped for that BB cream. Now I have to decide whether to order the 5th box now or wait and see if the 4th box will come back....

Quote: Originally Posted by msambrosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I started a Memebox swap thread. I hope that it's in the right place!

Memebox Swap Thread 2014
Yup you got it right! I'm never over in that area so I think I might have linked to the wrong place for the Swap section.

I never got any sort of notice that any of my boxes shipped but I had a note in my mailbox today that there are TWO foreign packages waiting for me at the post office. Of course I can't pick it up until after 9 AM tomorrow, but I'm so excited to go get them!

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I never got any sort of notice that any of my boxes shipped but I had a note in my mailbox today that there are TWO foreign packages waiting for me at the post office. Of course I can't pick it up until after 9 AM tomorrow, but I'm so excited to go get them!
ooh yay! Let us know what you think of everything! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never got a shipping email either. I returned from a camping trip yesterday and had a notice on my door that they tried to deliver a package that required a signature. I'm assuming it's box #2. I ordered 2 when it was re-released and box 4.

I'll have to take time off work to pick it up. I'm paid salary not hourly, but still a PITA. Going forward I'll have them shipped to my office.

Whoo! Came home from work early due to my state being unable to handle a little snow, and arrived just in time to catch my mailman and the 2nd box! Perfect way to spend my unexpected day off!

Also, I asked him if I could sign something ahead of time asking them to just deliver the damn box instead of getting the card and having them bring it the next day... But no go. He said their cards had to be signed by the person receiving, period, end of story. Blugh.

Latest posts

Back