Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it kinda weirding anyone else out how fast they are releasing boxes? I mean they haven't even shipped half these boxes and theyre making new ones.  I hope its not like a Ponzi scheme.  Selling new boxes to pay for the things to go in the old ones... I'm not saying thats whats happening or anything, just that my brain is twisty like that.  I want my first box to get here so I can love it already!
I doubt it. It's a different way to get folks to sub for "months" or in their case boxes in advance. Besides cost, is it different than a 3 month sub to say Birchbox by pre-ordering? Again their big challenge is global delivery and timetables. I keep harping on it bc I'm waiting for my pre-order boxes from last month (Lucky box and 7). The end is near Yay!

conspiracy theory: they said they'll stop international shipping by 31st so that we snag them off the shelves like starving baboons.

i'm in a dilemma with this huge release of boxes. ohhh deaarrrrr... :<

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is it kinda weirding anyone else out how fast they are releasing boxes?

I mean they haven't even shipped half these boxes and theyre making new ones.  I hope its not like a Ponzi scheme.  Selling new boxes to pay for the things to go in the old ones...

I'm not saying thats whats happening or anything, just that my brain is twisty like that. 

I want my first box to get here so I can love it already!

Most subscription boxes get their products for free as a promotion from the companies. Their profit is not just subscription boxes as much as their online stores and repeat customers.

Subscription boxes are more a advertisement form companies that contribute to the stock, to get their product out there and gain new loyal customers.

I am definitely going to cancel my last remaining subs for this box. I am getting very stocked up on products in general, but not the types of products unique to Memebox. I feel like Memeboxes 7 & 8 are pretty close together (a week apart?), but the new 6 pack bundle spaces out the boxes a month apart (for now), so that will give me more time to use stuff up.  

Quote: Originally Posted by xiaoyue52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My tracking says my boxes are still stuck in the incheon airport >
frown.gif

*cries MINE TOO!!! been stuck there since the 6th =( 

*cries MINE TOO!!! been stuck there since the 6th =( 
Don't you hate that? I'm about to delete my emails just not to look at them and just expect them to arrive whenever they will arrive lol still very very sad lol

Quote: Originally Posted by xiaoyue52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't you hate that? I'm about to delete my emails just not to look at them and just expect them to arrive whenever they will arrive lol still very very sad lol
haha I do!!! makes me so much more anxious to get my box (i keep stalking the USPS tracking at work haha). esp when I see others getting theirs. I think my box #7 will come before my lucky box arrives. lol i just want ONE box for now and i'll be happy since this will be my first box lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one sitting next to me, my superbox one, is still in customs in uk.... Thinking the tracking may be wrong lol.
LOL Well, I'd say so 

Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you look under Luckybox #1 now, they are now saying that every box will include a Cheese Cream. 
i've held out for so long not buying any memeboxes, but i've been so curious about that cheese cream, and it all fall apart...

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  conspiracy theory: they said they'll stop international shipping by 31st so that we snag them off the shelves like starving baboons.

also, what is this about stopping international shipping?  i am out of the loop about this...

That's what I was thinking exactly! Still, I appreciate they gave other international customers a chance to stock up on boxes. Unless there'll soon prove to be no shipping limits anymore...

I suppose I don't really need all that stuff but I'm rationalizing it by saying I'm buying no more beauty products till November LOL I'd like to see that happen...

Anyway, I don't have any other addicitons really so I guess this one is still healthier than many others I could have
wink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i've held out for so long not buying any memeboxes, but i've been so curious about that cheese cream, and it all fall apart...

also, what is this about stopping international shipping?  i am out of the loop about this...
I'll just quote the email from 27th Feb from memebox:

"Unfortunately, orders placed by countries outside of the United States, Canada and Japan will be accepted only until the 31st of March."

Don't let this hinder your ability to make decisions lol~

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's what I was thinking exactly! Still, I appreciate they gave other international customers a chance to stock up on boxes. Unless there'll soon prove to be no shipping limits anymore...

I suppose I don't really need all that stuff but I'm rationalizing it by saying I'm buying no more beauty products till November LOL I'd like to see that happen...

Anyway, I don't have any other addicitons really so I guess this one is still healthier than many others I could have
wink.gif

Ikr! I do wish they have 14,15,16 instead so that I have at least 3-4 months to sample everything I will get in the next 4 boxes I've ordered. This is really difficult! 
22.gif

I'll just quote the email from 27th Feb from memebox:

"Unfortunately, orders placed by countries outside of the United States, Canada and Japan will be accepted only until the 31st of March."

Don't let this hinder your ability to make decisions lol~

Ikr! I do wish they have 14,15,16 instead so that I have at least 3-4 months to sample everything I will get in the next 4 boxes I've ordered. This is really difficult! 
22.gif

oh man.  20 days to decide exactly how much more memebox i want without even having my first box?? this isn't good...

Okay, no way am I preordering boxes that won't ship until October! Whoa! Crazy!! XD

I'll just stick with the super boxes. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I like having all full sized products.

Ooh, Skinfood products appeared on their site (unless they already sold Skinfood products then ignore me~~~). Hopefully that means a Skinfood Super Box soon hehe :3

Oh my gosh, I am assuming this is there way to offer a monthly subscription service, with a 3 month offer and a 6 month offer. I will have to wait till later to decide. Err... I wanted to be on a ban but this is a good deal. I have loved all the box openings so far. I've currently have the six month one in my cart and the face shop box in my cart now. Waiting for my husbands reply, before I spend this much. My only saving grace I was just talking last night about how much I wanted to spend to help me have things to review to help my blog grow.

Wow. A bit of a huge commitment for me. Although, you will be basically set for the remainder of the year. Tough call for me because so far these boxes are worth it and especially now with the discount! However, I am getting really poor from spending on these boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I wonder how many more box variations are there. I just hope the quality value of the boxes doesn't decrease once they sell out of these prepaid boxes. Haha just when I plan to stop, Memebox tempts me again. I really don't have self control.

Wow. A bit of a huge commitment for me. Although, you will be basically set for the remainder of the year. Tough call for me because so far these boxes are worth it and especially now with the discount! However, I am getting really poor from spending on these boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I wonder how many more box variations are there. I just hope the quality value of the boxes doesn't decrease once they sell out of these prepaid boxes. Haha just when I plan to stop, Memebox tempts me again. I really don't have self control.
Lol you have more than me as I have purchased and did so within minutes.

Latest posts

Back