Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know of any spoilers for the hydration box?

I am thinking of gifting it to a friend.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
No, it hasn't even been shipped yet.

This was their response. Thanks for reaching out to us. We are required by law to collect 8.75% sales tax on all orders. Sales tax is levied in accordance with state tax laws. Tax does not apply to shipping. If you have any questions, please contact us anytime. My tax rate is 7 percent.Looks like they are charging California tax across the board on US orders.
Entirely incorrect! Either they (1) collect sales tax based on the buyer's location and remit the sales tax state by state, or (2) they collect for California buyers only (at which point it's on the buyers to disclose the sales tax in their returns as pointed out in the post above). Not only are they over (or undercharging) their out of CA customers, but they're creating a windfall for California. They're registered in California as a Delaware Corporation (per the CA Sec of State website), so presumably they had lawyers help with that process. They should consult them again on this issue.

I just placed my first order. At first the site was charging me tax, but when I did the shipping calculator first, before going into the checkout, the tax was removed. Not sure if this is a fluke, but thought maybe it might work for someone else. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know of any spoilers for the hydration box?

I am thinking of gifting it to a friend.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Spoiler RELEASE!! DONT READ BELOW IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I need to figure out how to do that spoiler warning thing.

We are so excited about the Hydration Box that we simply cannot contain ourselves any longer...
For the first time, we’re revealing an item within one of our boxes!

The Dr Care Vita-Propolis Ampoule was featured as a deluxe sample in MEMEBOX #4, and received such great reviews we felt compelled to bring it back in all of it’s full-sized glory!

Edited to add:

http://us.memebox.com/dr-s-care-vita-propolis-ampoule  (product info from memebox)

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spoiler RELEASE!! DONT READ BELOW IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I need to figure out how to do that spoiler warning thing.

We are so excited about the Hydration Box that we simply cannot contain ourselves any longer...
For the first time, we’re revealing an item within one of our boxes!

The Dr Care Vita-Propolis Ampoule was featured as a deluxe sample in MEMEBOX #4, and received such great reviews we felt compelled to bring it back in all of it’s full-sized glory!
Has anyone tried it. Does it work well for really dry skin?

Quote: Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This spoiler makes me wish I wasn't on a Meme buying hiatus. I really liked the sample. I don't use it all the time, just whenever I feel like my skin was drier than usual during the day. It always feels and looks much nicer in the morning, but I do mix it with my heavy-duty majorly moisturizing cream.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This spoiler makes me wish I wasn't on a Meme buying hiatus. I really liked the sample. I don't use it all the time, just whenever I feel like my skin was drier than usual during the day. It always feels and looks much nicer in the morning, but I do mix it with my heavy-duty majorly moisturizing cream.
Thanks, appreciate your info.

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried it. It's wonderful for my dry skin and doesn't feel oily or gross once it's applied. Really like it! A little goes a long way, too.

Ackkk after holding off for a week and then panicking last night after seeing that the Superbox #2 that I had been eyeing was out of stock, I bit the bullet and ordered it once I saw it was available again today. I'm really excited to see what goodies it comes with! I love Korean beauty items. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope that there will be a spoiler for Superbox #2 as well. The anticipation is killing me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Donna529 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was their response.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are required by law to collect 8.75% sales tax on all orders. Sales tax is levied in accordance with state tax laws. Tax does not apply to shipping.

If you have any questions, please contact us anytime.
My tax rate is 7 percent.Looks like they are charging California tax across the board on US orders.
Thanks for sharing that. It doesn't explain why people in Asia and Europe are being charged tax, though.

That's what I've got today concerning the tax, seems they just made a mistake about it and are trying to sort it out. There's no info however, if they're going to repay the tax they already charged:

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for reaching out to us.   While we move our headquarters from Korea to US, We realized that we need to dealing with US tax issues.    Now we figured them out, and we changed our tax related policies, so that people live outside  of US can purchase our product without paying taxes.   Also there was few problem related with shipping, but it's been fixed now.   Please visit our website again see it's fixed.   Thank you so much for your understanding and if you have any question, please contact us anytime.   Sincerely, MEMEBOX Support Team

And that's what they wrote about shipping no more to Europe and other countries. I hope it means they will soon be back with new boxes for us, maybe in June when the future editions will probably ship:

Hi Paulina,

Thank you for deep concern and caring.    This is really hard decision for us too. Rebuilding relationship with our loyal customers would be tough for us.   But we are in a very tough situation. Our shipping team in Korea is struggling with very stressful situation, and couldn't    Handle shipment from 40 different countries. But like we told you before, we are going to rebuild our shipping system    And quickly get back to you with better shipping and better boxes near future.   Thank you so much for your understanding and if you have any question, please contact us anytime.   Sincerely, MEMEBOX Support Team

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's what I've got today concerning the tax, seems they just made a mistake about it and are trying to sort it out. There's no info however, if they're going to repay the tax they already charged:

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for reaching out to us.   While we move our headquarters from Korea to US, We realized that we need to dealing with US tax issues.    Now we figured them out, and we changed our tax related policies, so that people live outside  of US can purchase our product without paying taxes.   Also there was few problem related with shipping, but it's been fixed now.   Please visit our website again see it's fixed.   Thank you so much for your understanding and if you have any question, please contact us anytime.   Sincerely, MEMEBOX Support Team
I wonder if they are going to reimburse this tax somehow (points?). I have asked them already but the answer is far and uncertain...

According to  http://www.boe.ca.gov/knowyourrate/

What if I collect too much sales tax from my customers? If you collect more than the amount of tax due, you must either return the excess amount to the customer or pay it to the state You may not keep it.

We will see.

I sent a long email to them to try to explain the situation with the tax. Hopefully they answer but I think its obvious they don't "get" the tax law here so who knows if it will ever be corrected. I'll post an update if I get one.

box 10 is sold out and super box #5 is out here is the description 

SUPERBOX #5: Burst of Color

Get beauty-ready for the season with our favorite shades of Spring!

Quote: Originally Posted by moonbunny7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  box 10 is sold out and super box #5 is out here is the description 

SUPERBOX #5: Burst of Color

Get beauty-ready for the season with our favorite shades of Spring!
Goodness, will I ever be able to keep up, lol!

It also looks like someone got their lucky box as well they left a review on the page for it now if only there were pictures

Latest posts

Back