Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tracking info, my Luckybox has shipped! I'm very glad I have stuck with Memebox. It does show on the USPS tracking. I can't wait to see all the different combinations for this box. I'm looking forward to more unveilings!

Does anyone think I should be concerned that I haven't received Superbox 1 yet?  The tracking shows nothing save the origination scan on 2/19.

Does anyone think I should be concerned that I haven't received Superbox 1 yet?  The tracking shows nothing save the origination scan on 2/19.
[standard Shipping] Standard shipping (may take 17~24 business days) from the start shipping date They adjusted the days on the site. It may take longer if your only counting business day. Was it Standard or EXPRESS?

I just placed my order for #10 and wasn't charged tax! Yay

Everyone who missed the Etude box: I wouldn't feel too disappointed. They know it's super popular. I bet they will release another one in the future. And come on, it's MEMEBOX!
rolleyes.gif

I just placed my order for #10 and wasn't charged tax! Yay Everyone who missed the Etude box: I wouldn't feel too disappointed. They know it's super popular. I bet they will release another one in the future. And come on, it's MEMEBOX! :rolleyes:
You're right! No taxes! I wonder if they'll refund (or at least give back in credits) the tax portion for orders that were made earlier.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're right! No taxes!
I wonder if they'll refund (or at least give back in credits) the tax portion for orders that were made earlier.
I hope they will.

I just read that they have an office in Cali...is this true?  If so, then why is shipping taking so long?  They should be shipping the items in bulk and putting boxes together here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just added luckbox and superbox3 to my cart and I'm still getting charged tax...does the tax vary then by location? I'm in NYC...

Quote: Originally Posted by jednashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just read that they have an office in Cali...is this true?  If so, then why is shipping taking so long?  They should be shipping the items in bulk and putting boxes together here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It says their headquarters are in California.

Headquarters 435 Tasso Street Suite 315 Palo Alto, CA - California 94301 United States

From Linkedin.

MEMEBOX is a Y-Combinator portfolio company, located in Palo Alto, California. We started out in 2012 as an online beauty retailer in Korea, but our solid revenue (monthly revenue over $1 million) and tremendous growth rate (over 20% MoM) led us to expand internationally. We strive to offer our members (250,000 and counting!) an easy and reliable way to access the most trendy beauty products from Korea and Asia. Our beauty experts are always working to present our international customers with a fresh Beauty Box edition, packed with our favorite products - both full-sizes and samples. For the customers returning to purchase their new favorites, we also offer full-size products ranging from basic skincare to make-up and hair.

Specialties E-commerce, Beauty and Cosmetics, Social Media Marketing

Still seeing tax in my cart on my end. Anyone got a response from memebox by any chance?

I live in Michigan and was not charged tax for Box 10. I ordered last night. However when I had the Lucky box in my cart with 10 it charged tax. I am wondering if tax is charged for items over a certain dollar amount?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dragngrl03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in Michigan and was not charged tax for Box 10. I ordered last night. However when I had the Lucky box in my cart with 10 it charged tax. I am wondering if tax is charged for items over a certain dollar amount?

I have tax whether I have just 10, just luckybox or both...haha seems l ike you got lucky with ordering 10 last night!

I have tax whether I have just 10, just luckybox or both...haha seems l ike you got lucky with ordering 10 last night!
That is so weird!! I would not have ordered if I was charged tax based on the fact that we have not heard a response about the reason for it yet. I have messaged them a few times on the same help ticket #, but no response yet 😔

This was their response. Thanks for reaching out to us. We are required by law to collect 8.75% sales tax on all orders. Sales tax is levied in accordance with state tax laws. Tax does not apply to shipping. If you have any questions, please contact us anytime. My tax rate is 7 percent.Looks like they are charging California tax across the board on US orders.

Quote: Originally Posted by Donna529 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was their response.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are required by law to collect 8.75% sales tax on all orders. Sales tax is levied in accordance with state tax laws. Tax does not apply to shipping.

If you have any questions, please contact us anytime.
My tax rate is 7 percent.Looks like they are charging California tax across the board on US orders.
Meme headquarters are in California, Heres a qoute from Money.com

Under current law, Internet retailers don’t have to collect sales tax unless they have a physical presence in that state — such as a warehouse, office, showroom or brick-and-mortar store. The burden is on you, the shopper, to pay that sales tax if your state collects it — but few people do.

There’s a lot of money at stake here. State treasuries lost around $11 billion in uncollected tax revenue from Internet sales last year, according to a study done for the National Conference of State Legislatures which supports the legislation.

Meme headquarters are in California, Heres a qoute from Money.com Under current law, Internet retailers don’t have to collect sales tax unless they have a physical presence in that state — such as a warehouse, office, showroom or brick-and-mortar store. The burden is on you, the shopper, to pay that sales tax if your state collects it — but few people do. There’s a lot of money at stake here. State treasuries lost around $11 billion in uncollected tax revenue from Internet sales last year, according to a study done for the National Conference of State Legislatures which supports the legislation.
My state tax is 7 percent.Why should I pay California sales tax when I don’t live there? Delaware has zero sales tax.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Under current law, Internet retailers don’t have to collect sales tax unless they have a physical presence in that state — such as a warehouse, office, showroom or brick-and-mortar store. The burden is on you, the shopper, to pay that sales tax if your state collects it — but few people do.

There’s a lot of money at stake here. State treasuries lost around $11 billion in uncollected tax revenue from Internet sales last year, according to a study done for the National Conference of State Legislatures which supports the legislation.

Yea they are doing sales tax wrong.

I actually never knew you were supposed to declare unpaid tax until the first year my boyfriend and I lived together.  He was doing his state taxes and was going through an entire year of Amazon purchases and calculating the unpaid sales tax.  He said 'not enough people do this, our State needs this money for public works'  totally deadpan.  It makes me love him so damn much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just added a bunch of stuff to my cart...went almost to the end and no tax was added. Maybe they are making some adjustments?

Latest posts

Back