LBB Start to Finish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by turtlemomma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kim, 

So you've tried They're Real?  I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm hoping it doesn't run much.  Mascaras tend to end up under my eyes.  Not cute. I love the Porefessional sample that I got. Hopefully there will still be some left floating around come Oct bag time!
Yup, I was actually working at Sephora when it first came out and we all had to wear it.  That stuff stays on well, isn't too hard to take off, and the brush is really great for detailing the corners of your lashes.

They are out of They're Real in the opening gallery already. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Which I suppose is a good thing, keeps me from opening another bag, lol.

Originally Posted by looKIMsopretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Freakin' mascara.  So expensive. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  They will make awesome stocking stuffers, too.

BTW, your last bag was epically pretty!  If I could pull off all that amazingness, I'd be even more envious, haha.
I traded the Porefessional I had for They're Real. I have heard only good things about it so I really wanted to try it. Now I'm pretty pleased that I will be getting one of those samples (although I'm sad that I won't be getting Porefessional! lol). I am also getting the Stay Don't Stray sample. I wanted that one because it says it's a primer for all around the eyes, not just for eyeshadow, but it will also make a smooth surface for your concealer and help that last too. Like most women I do have some fine lines under my eyes which concealer tends to highlight and make it look like I'm wrinkly there!

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I traded the Porefessional I had for They're Real. I have heard only good things about it so I really wanted to try it. Now I'm pretty pleased that I will be getting one of those samples (although I'm sad that I won't be getting Porefessional! lol). I am also getting the Stay Don't Stray sample. I wanted that one because it says it's a primer for all around the eyes, not just for eyeshadow, but it will also make a smooth surface for your concealer and help that last too. Like most women I do have some fine lines under my eyes which concealer tends to highlight and make it look like I'm wrinkly there!
I think they've been giving flat card samples of porefessional, so you can at least try that out, Donna!  Stay Don't Stray is a pretty good primer, I only really use primer on my eyes though so I stick w either cream shadows or UDPP. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Benefit has some great products to make you look flawless, for sure.  Love their erase paste and eye brightening type products.

I"m kind of sad i traded my They're Real, but it was the only way to get the miztique bag with a lower valued item! so i ended up trading up anyway, I was really looking forward to a mascara sample though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got around to posting everything I got from LBB! Not pictured: Teal Nila Anthony Color Block Belted Structure Bag & Present Time Two Tone Picture Frame. All these pictures were taken

at my dorm (the NA & Frame weren't taken with me to my dorm)

-As you can see, I really really REALLY like purses/handbags 
smilehappyyes.gif

-the jewelry: I only like the hippo necklace. I never got around to sending back the other necklaces so I guess they will just be gifts. 

-My scarves! LBB sent me the wrong paisley scarf (I was supposed to get the brown one but I was sent a green one instead) The brown one is currently being sent to me. I don't think I've ever seen a green paisley scarf on the site before, have you ladies seen one?

-The MB Bone colored bow bag! I looveee it! 

-The beige Mystique satchel. The color on the site is off. It's actually a darker color and represented in the picture.

-The MB Edith bag. A bit small but I like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also pictured: the BCBG ring watch, BJ bow ring (absolutely adore! but turned my finger green- will have to put clear nail polish on it), and lastly the ZAD crane necklace.

-The SL mint bag. I'm not sure how I feel about this bag. I really dislike how it has the cancer warning label. It makes me really not like the bag as much anymore. I'll probably give this away as a gift too. 

-The black bow!

-The pink bow! The bows also had the cancer warning label and definitely made me sad! Ugh, I'm really paranoid about these things so I think I will also be giving away these bags as gifts. I would return these for exchange credit but I don't think it's worth it for me to pay $10+ to send these back when I can just give them away as presents. 

-All my deux lux :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Licorice clutches<3333

-The SM satchel! AHHH! I was so excited when someone accepted my trade offer on the first day. I traded away the R&Em Gig bag and didn't expect anyone to accept the trade. Boy was I surprised to see it in my bag when I logged in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-The Mystique satchel. I tried trading for this bag but no one would accept. I decided to just open a new bag with it. It is very roomy. 

-The colorblock BCBG shoulder bag/clutch! I was so disappointed when I found out the strap wasn't long enough to be a crossbody. I should have read the details more. I am going to find a longer chain strap and make it a crossbody. I couldn't decided between this color and the grey/white one. It's going to be harder for me to match this purse but it's okay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-The Big Buddha crossbody in the middle. Super adorable. I didn't really want this bag at first but it started to grow on me. 

-EEEECK the Berry colored MB whip stitch messenger bag. I LOVEE it. Traded the gray MB lock and key just to get this. (I already have the brown lock and key from last time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

-One of the few FC brown crossbody bag. It is a bit small but I can manage. 

-Last but not least: the brown lock and key! My favorite bag of them all! I haven't used it yet but I loveee it<33

I just remembered I forgot to take a picture of my SM sunglasses, haha. I'll do it when I get my other LBB :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Things I have learned from LBB:
- I am going to stay away from Nila Anthony, Street Level, and She & Josh. (Only because I dislike how it has the Cancer warning labels. I know a lot of you guys don't care about that label but it just really bothers me. It changes my whole view about the bags :/)

-Definitely trade the whole 7 days! You get a lot more good trades like that! 

-I get attached to my items pretty fast LOL It's okay though- I'm more about getting items I really like even if it means 2-3 items in each bag. I rather have that than having a bag with 10+ items with stuff I like but not love. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Lastly, I am an LBB addict and I need help LOL. 
How do you guys stop yourself from opening more than one bag each month? I get too tempted and I like to see what items I could get in a potential bag. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by daisybee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-The SL mint bag. I'm not sure how I feel about this bag. I really dislike how it has the cancer warning label. It makes me really not like the bag as much anymore. I'll probably give this away as a gift too. 

-The pink bow! The bows also had the cancer warning label and definitely made me sad! Ugh, I'm really paranoid about these things so I think I will also be giving away these bags as gifts. I would return these for exchange credit but I don't think it's worth it for me to pay $10+ to send these back when I can just give them away as presents. 

- I am going to stay away from Nila Anthony, Street Level, and She & Josh. (Only because I dislike how it has the Cancer warning labels. I know a lot of you guys don't care about that label but it just really bothers me. It changes my whole view about the bags :/)

-I get attached to my items pretty fast LOL It's okay though- I'm more about getting items I really like even if it means 2-3 items in each bag. I rather have that than having a bag with 10+ items with stuff I like but not love. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How do you guys stop yourself from opening more than one bag each month? I get too tempted and I like to see what items I could get in a potential bag. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
I'm with you on the warning labels I really wish they would disclose that information on the site. I just got the SL large multi compartment satchel and it didn't have a warning label on it so this really makes me wonder about the street level products. 

Quote: Originally Posted by daisybee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got around to posting everything I got from LBB! Not pictured: Teal Nila Anthony Color Block Belted Structure Bag & Present Time Two Tone Picture Frame. All these pictures were taken

smilehappyyes.gif

Ohhh my goodness that is dreamy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That warning label is going to be on any product made in California that is made with certain chemicals. (there are a ton of them on the list) I was looking into it when I first bought Seche Vite topcoat and it had the label. I discovered that for the most part the label is useless. When Prop 65 passed even Coca Cola had to change their ingredients to avoid the label. If any of these bags did give you cancer they'd have been out of business years ago.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That warning label is going to be on any product made in California that is made with certain chemicals. (there are a ton of them on the list) I was looking into it when I first bought Seche Vite topcoat and it had the label. I discovered that for the most part the label is useless. When Prop 65 passed even Coca Cola had to change their ingredients to avoid the label. If any of these bags did give you cancer they'd have been out of business years ago.
Pretty much ditto.

Here's the deal...every single bag you buy on LBB would have that label if it had ties to California. The ones that don't just don't have the same ties. Every bag is faux which means it's made through a chemical process. The lack of a label doesn't mean it's any safer. 

smilehappyyes.gif

-the jewelry: I only like the hippo necklace. I never got around to sending back the other necklaces so I guess they will just be gifts. 

-My scarves! LBB sent me the wrong paisley scarf (I was supposed to get the brown one but I was sent a green one instead) The brown one is currently being sent to me. I don't think I've ever seen a green paisley scarf on the site before, have you ladies seen one?

-The MB Bone colored bow bag! I looveee it! 

-The beige Mystique satchel. The color on the site is off. It's actually a darker color and represented in the picture.

-The MB Edith bag. A bit small but I like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also pictured: the BCBG ring watch, BJ bow ring (absolutely adore! but turned my finger green- will have to put clear nail polish on it), and lastly the ZAD crane necklace.

-The black bow!

-All my deux lux :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Licorice clutches<3333

-The SM satchel! AHHH! I was so excited when someone accepted my trade offer on the first day. I traded away the R&Em Gig bag and didn't expect anyone to accept the trade. Boy was I surprised to see it in my bag when I logged in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-The Mystique satchel. I tried trading for this bag but no one would accept. I decided to just open a new bag with it. It is very roomy. 

-The colorblock BCBG shoulder bag/clutch! I was so disappointed when I found out the strap wasn't long enough to be a crossbody. I should have read the details more. I am going to find a longer chain strap and make it a crossbody. I couldn't decided between this color and the grey/white one. It's going to be harder for me to match this purse but it's okay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-The Big Buddha crossbody in the middle. Super adorable. I didn't really want this bag at first but it started to grow on me. 

-EEEECK the Berry colored MB whip stitch messenger bag. I LOVEE it. Traded the gray MB lock and key just to get this. (I already have the brown lock and key from last time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

-One of the few FC brown crossbody bag. It is a bit small but I can manage. 

-Last but not least: the brown lock and key! My favorite bag of them all! I haven't used it yet but I loveee it<33

I just remembered I forgot to take a picture of my SM sunglasses, haha. I'll do it when I get my other LBB :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

icon_rolleyes.gif
I think everyone has different goals and that means different trading strategies. I know that I get a lot in my bag and I'm not about to whine about it, but you are right, I usually miss out on the items that are at the top of my list though. It's a gamble, and you got so many beautiful handbags that I think your trading strategy works for you. I have about a half dozen handbags from lbb, but only one was at the top of my first choice bag list.

What I like about all your handbags is the variety. You have a bag for every occasion, from small to large, clutches to satchels. I bet you have days when you have a hard time deciding which one to take with you that day though! lol It's a great "problem" to have.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm almost certain that Leilani (who lives in CA) said something like this too, that the label is on everything so it gets ignored. So it sounds like the label is useless except for freaking out those of us who aren't used to it in states besides California! lol

Originally Posted by LilacBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty much ditto.

Here's the deal...every single bag you buy on LBB would have that label if it had ties to California. The ones that don't just don't have the same ties. Every bag is faux which means it's made through a chemical process. The lack of a label doesn't mean it's any safer. 
Should have kept reading before I commented. I ditto your ditto! lol

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to ship because there was nothing else I really wanted more than the items I got. I don't think I did too horribly on my first bag.

Starting:

oj_bronze_vanish_hobo_with_buckles_3678_001_250.jpg
bft_watts_up_highlighter_5598_001_250.jpg
knc_turquoise_2_drop_earrings_blu_5023_001_250.jpg
col_calypso_blue_flutter_fly_neckwrap_blu_4270_001_250.jpg
mb_yellow_brick_ipad_case_yel_4216_001_250.jpg

Ending:

oj_gunmetal_vanish_hobo_with_buckles_n_gry_3679_001_105.jpg
ett_buddha_necklace_gld_5230_001_105.jpg
dis_believe_hoop_earrings_gld_2420_001_105.jpg
I got this stuff today, a day early.

The Buddha necklace is flat.

I don't know if I like anything. Will need to wear/use them before finding out. The bag would look great full, but empty it is weirdly shaped.

Oh that sucks! I didn't realize the Buddha would be flat...but it's also not really Buddha haha (i'm buddhist and that actually isn't Buddha like everyone thinks, he would actually be really skinny with no pack since he is an ascetic. this figure is actually a different person in buddhist folklore). How did you end up liking the disney earrings? are they heavy?

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh that sucks! I didn't realize the Buddha would be flat...but it's also not really Buddha haha (i'm buddhist and that actually isn't Buddha like everyone thinks, he would actually be really skinny with no pack since he is an ascetic. this figure is actually a different person in buddhist folklore). How did you end up liking the disney earrings? are they heavy?
I did not know that about the "Buddha" despite enjoying Buddhism in my religion class. I thought Buddha was just a term of sorts for generic gods. Ya learn something new every day!

I don't like the DC hoops. They go out at an angle, not like parallel to my face and you can't read the Believe on them either. They ARE heavy, my boyfriend said they look like they're pulling my ears off. I'm going to give them to my sister for her birthday, she'll love them.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I closed my bag very early this morning and traded like a maniac in those last hours!

As you can see, this is my jewelry lbb haul, and MUCH BETSEY HAULAGE! WOOHOO! I can't wait to get my goodies. And...are you all jealous of my sweet Betsey bee necklace, or what??? lmao!

(just a little edit to fix the messed up spacing between pictures.)
Out of all this stuff, one thing arrived broken. Take a wild guess which one. I'll give you a hint, it's the one thing I was most excited about. I'll give you another hint...you all have no reason to be "jealous" of this item I got. *sniffle sob*

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this stuff today, a day early.

The Buddha necklace is flat.

I don't know if I like anything. Will need to wear/use them before finding out. The bag would look great full, but empty it is weirdly shaped.
that's too bad you are disappointed with your stuff.  I guess the bag does look a little odd when it's flat & empty, but I really like using mine.  I think I mostly like how well the strap hangs on my shoulder - no slipping off or hanging at an odd height.  The side pockets are also great for putting my phone, keys, etc.  Even keeps a water bottle handy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back