LBB Start to Finish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by seap3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this stuff today, a day early.

The Buddha necklace is flat.

I don't know if I like anything. Will need to wear/use them before finding out. The bag would look great full, but empty it is weirdly shaped.
that's too bad you are disappointed with your stuff.  I guess the bag does look a little odd when it's flat & empty, but I really like using mine.  I think I mostly like how well the strap hangs on my shoulder - no slipping off or hanging at an odd height.  The side pockets are also great for putting my phone, keys, etc.  Even keeps a water bottle handy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I'll like the purse once it's filled with my crap. It's lousy for carrying around text books (looks even weirder) but as a purse I think it'll be fine.

The necklace, the more I look at it and think about it, the more I like it. If the little guy were round, I think it'd roll around and face backwards a lot. It's a small chain too, I was worried it'd get lost between my boobs.

Originally Posted by daisybee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-The SL mint bag. I'm not sure how I feel about this bag. I really dislike how it has the cancer warning label. It makes me really not like the bag as much anymore. I'll probably give this away as a gift too. 

-The pink bow! The bows also had the cancer warning label and definitely made me sad! Ugh, I'm really paranoid about these things so I think I will also be giving away these bags as gifts. I would return these for exchange credit but I don't think it's worth it for me to pay $10+ to send these back when I can just give them away as presents. 

- I am going to stay away from Nila Anthony, Street Level, and She & Josh. (Only because I dislike how it has the Cancer warning labels. I know a lot of you guys don't care about that label but it just really bothers me. It changes my whole view about the bags :/)
Ok, seriously, I'm confused. If you are worried about cancer from the processing done to a bag--WHY would you give said bag as a gift to someone? If you're genuinely concerned about a health hazard, I can't see why you would gift that to someone whom you presumably care about, or at the very least, don't wish ill upon.

I know people who don't care if items don't have those labels. I also know they like handbags so why not give it to someone who likes handbags AND doesn't care about the labels? I didn't mean to give it to people who do get worried with labels like this. 

Originally Posted by daisybee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know people who don't care if items don't have those labels. I also know they like handbags so why not give it to someone who likes handbags AND doesn't care about the labels? I didn't mean to give it to people who do get worried with labels like this. 
I guess what I'm saying is if you genuinely are concerned, even though you know people who are not, then wouldn't YOUR concern transfer to the recipient as well? (slight exaggeration here since I may not be coming across correctly: If you think a bag is gonna give ya cancer, but your friend does NOT think it's gonna give ya cancer, why would you give it to her when YOU believe it could give ya cancer--isn't that essentially wishing cancer on your friend, if you genuinely believe these items are hazardous?)

The above is an exaggeration--I truly don't understand the logic.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Out of all this stuff, one thing arrived broken. Take a wild guess which one. I'll give you a hint, it's the one thing I was most excited about. I'll give you another hint...you all have no reason to be "jealous" of this item I got. *sniffle sob*
Oh no, the bee necklace! Sorry about that Donna. How do you like everything else? Pics? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lapka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no, the bee necklace! Sorry about that Donna. How do you like everything else? Pics? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ugh that happened to me. I was DYING for my Berry Melie bag and when my shipment arrived it was missing! And sold out!

I'm not over it. 

Just finished my 3rd LBB yesterday - excited because this one was for me (not gifts for everyone else like last time!) Here's my start to finish (I had a $42 credit for a broken Juko Leaf necklace)

I also "gifted" myself half of my bag for the first time so that way I could get some of the new October items :) Really excited for everything I got, traded way down for a bunch of smalls I love!

Originally Posted by lapka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally figured out how to get pictures from my phone to my email. (I don't have a decent camera, so depend on my phone for pics). This is how the bee arrived:

How sad that the one crystal antennae is missing! It's so darned cute!

After more than two months off from LBB I decided to start a birthday bag for me. It ended up being a horrible week and my heart just wasn't into trading with so much going on. I got what I wanted (all items on my loves list, yaaay) and shipped with 3 and a 1/2 days left, which is unheard of for me, I always leave it open all 7 days otherwise.

I'm beyoooond happy with this haul. Anyone with an active LBB right now, who was in chat often this week, knows that this brush was the bane of my LBB existence. haha. Thank you Danielle for the trade. 
wub.gif

I truly forget what I started with this time, but here's my ending bag...

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After more than two months off from LBB I decided to start a birthday bag for me. It ended up being a horrible week and my heart just wasn't into trading with so much going on. I got what I wanted (all items on my loves list, yaaay) and shipped with 3 and a 1/2 days left, which is unheard of for me, I always leave it open all 7 days otherwise.

I'm beyoooond happy with this haul. Anyone with an active LBB right now, who was in chat often this week, knows that this brush was the bane of my LBB existence. haha. Thank you Danielle for the trade. 
wub.gif

I truly forget what I started with this time, but here's my ending bag...

Thanks for trading the candle I really wanted - the vanilla grapefruit one! Glad you got what you wanted :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for trading the candle I really wanted - the vanilla grapefruit one! Glad you got what you wanted :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You're so welcome! I was about to ship with it, because I super wanted it too (it's also on my loves) and you can never find it on sale, but the trade to you lead to me finally getting my sparkly brush, so yaaay! Thank you as well.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally figured out how to do these picture things...thanks Camille!

Very nice! You really did amazing trading up.

No pics but I started with $129 retail : izzy & ali green stitched satchel,big buddha 3 coin purses in blue,mata traders wire cuff gold ring. I ended with $127 retail:izzy & ali green stitched satchel,big buddha 3 coin purses in blue,goose creek candle co. forest pillar candle. I happily traded down for the candle due to my strong dislike for the ring( the way it looked).This was my very first LBB and I am pretty happy with it.I managed to keep it open a entire weekend before caving and closing. I know that may be too soon to alot of you but I LOVE the satchel that much and can't wait till it gets here.

Originally Posted by RainbowClouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know that may be too soon to alot of you but I LOVE the satchel that much and can't wait till it gets here.
Not at all. I think all of us started the same way and got 3 things we love or maybe even just liked and were happy with that...then we got ~greedy~ and realized we could do a REAL HAUL! If you stick with it, you will get more and more with each bag and may still close out early sometimes when you get some really nice stuff and don't want to risk trading it.

Okay this bag is from a couple weeks ago now. I had no bonuses, no exchange credits, nada. I opened it riiight before they started awesome bonuses. BOOOO! But I managed to do epic (at least in my eyes, trading conditions were very painful that week) none the less, SO HAPPY with this bag!

I started with the Wildfox skulls (never traded), a Fydelity bag that I traded to Gorjana double heart earrings and immediately traded down to the hot pink scarf then I never traded that, I had a black Michael Marcus nail polish, and a cheap piece of jewelry. So basically, I didn't trade the skulls or scarf, and the rest of this bag was built off of a nail polish and piece of jewelry! Oh and I got the pink hamsa earrings within day one too and never traded that further either. 

This bag had a lip gloss bonus to start. I got mad that the 3 bonuses thing started RIGHT AFTER I opened it! I did, however, manage to get one of the 20 codes they gave out on FB, though it gave me $24 earrings NO ONE wanted that had already flooded the gallery. Oh well, they were free. lol. Anyway, I started with the red Madden (love of my liiiifey, never traded), two cheap pieces of jewelry, and a lip gloss. I ended up closing it 5 days early or something like that. I didn't want to risk trading any further just to be greedy. 
icon_lol.gif
 I had everything I wanted in the gallery at that point. 
cloud9.gif
 I *MADE MYSELF* keep the damn Lavanilla candle this time. I'm tired of being jelly of everyone else's when it's my own stupid fault for trading it up every single time. I got the vanilla passion fruit combo of stuff on LBB the bag before, on this one I got the vanilla grapefruit combo of stuffs. 
heart.gif

Okay this will be my last one for a while, it HAS TO be. hahaha. And I SOLD MY LBB SOUL for two of the items, but I WIN! YAAAY! Definitely not an "epic" haul, but still a really good one, I think. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back