Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got my box today! once i open it ill take pictures for you guys. i live in FL btw if anyone from FL is expecting their box.

I got my box today and....I got the snail mask.  I do not know why but I think it is hysterical.

I wonder if glossybox is actually following peoples profiles or just sending random stuff. I think I put down dry skin so maybe I'll get the snail mask?

Got my box today and I am thrilled. I have had them since October and it hasn't let me down yet. I get these subs to be exposed to new things and to be forced out of my comfort zone. Even if I get a box of things I would never buy, I love getting them to have fun with. Once in awhile I get something I LOVE and I buy it when it runs out.

I have never used nail rocks or anything like it so I am excited to give it a try.

I got the snail mask. I was kind of hoping I would. I am always game for new things and for some weird reason I wanted this.

The eyeliner is black. Not anything I need but no real complaints. I am always on the lookout for the perfect eyeliner.

The eyeshadow is a gorgeous shimmery golden brown. It will definitely get used.

I am not a bar soap kinda girl but I will use it. I really like the smell.

I still haven't received tracking. I used my Glossydots this month, and I'm assuming that's why. I'm going to contact them if I haven't seen tracking in an email or on the website by the end of the week. I can honestly say I won't be that disappointed if I don't get a box this month and they give me next month's instead.

I got my box today, and I'm really happy with it. Here's what I got:

Bvlgari soap (Even if I don't use the soap, I like the scent, so I might tuck it into a drawer to make thing smell nice).

Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in "Earth", 1.75g (This is a nice shimmery bronze shade. I might try it as eyeshadow, but I don't see using as a cheek highlighter, as glossybox suggests).

Evologie eSystem Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum & Stay Clear Cream (I'll probably end up swapping this, because I'm pretty set in my skincare routine and I don't want to possibly upset things).

Lisi Color Glaze Lip Gloss in "2 Timer", Full Size (Funny, the card with the list of products in the box showed the liquid eye liner, but my box contained the lip gloss. This is a shimmery bronze shade, which is not what I'd usually pick but I'm happy to try this out).

Nail Rock Nail Wraps in "Union Jack Gold and Black" (I was worried when I saw that people were getting these with kiddie-themed designs, but the ones I got have a gold background with a black Union Jack design on them. They're edgy but not over-the-top).

Also, to my surprise, I found a full-sized bottle of Cult Nails polish in "My Kind of Cool Aid" in the box that wasn't listed on the card at all. I have no idea if this was put in my box by mistake or if it's an extra that was supposed to be included, but I'm thrilled with it! It's a beautiful greyish-purple with silver shimmer.

Not GB since their items are usually pretty good, its the CS that can stink, but with MyGlam back in the day people on that thread would literally say things like "anyone who likes this bag knows nothing about makeup and has no taste." Comments like that sting if you DO like the products.

Originally Posted by galaxiigrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bvlgari soap (Even if I don't use the soap, I like the scent, so I might tuck it into a drawer to make thing smell nice).

Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in "Earth", 1.75g (This is a nice shimmery bronze shade. I might try it as eyeshadow, but I don't see using as a cheek highlighter, as glossybox suggests).

Evologie eSystem Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum & Stay Clear Cream (I'll probably end up swapping this, because I'm pretty set in my skincare routine and I don't want to possibly upset things).

Lisi Color Glaze Lip Gloss in "2 Timer", Full Size (Funny, the card with the list of products in the box showed the liquid eye liner, but my box contained the lip gloss. This is a shimmery bronze shade, which is not what I'd usually pick but I'm happy to try this out).

Nail Rock Nail Wraps in "Union Jack Gold and Black" (I was worried when I saw that people were getting these with kiddie-themed designs, but the ones I got have a gold background with a black Union Jack design on them. They're edgy but not over-the-top).

Also, to my surprise, I found a full-sized bottle of Cult Nails polish in "My Kind of Cool Aid" in the box that wasn't listed on the card at all. I have no idea if this was put in my box by mistake or if it's an extra that was supposed to be included, but I'm thrilled with it! It's a beautiful greyish-purple with silver shimmer.
I so want this box.  This one exactly.  Lol I'll take back all the mean things I've been saying about Glossybox 
eviltongue.gif

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just got my box today! once i open it ill take pictures for you guys. i live in FL btw if anyone from FL is expecting their box.
Mine is being delivered to Orlando, tracking says I should get it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today and I am thrilled. I have had them since October and it hasn't let me down yet. I get these subs to be exposed to new things and to be forced out of my comfort zone. Even if I get a box of things I would never buy, I love getting them to have fun with. Once in awhile I get something I LOVE and I buy it when it runs out.

I have never used nail rocks or anything like it so I am excited to give it a try.

I got the snail mask. I was kind of hoping I would. I am always game for new things and for some weird reason I wanted this.

The eyeliner is black. Not anything I need but no real complaints. I am always on the lookout for the perfect eyeliner.

The eyeshadow is a gorgeous shimmery golden brown. It will definitely get used.

I am not a bar soap kinda girl but I will use it. I really like the smell.

I love that nail rock pattern, I hope I get that one.

Originally Posted by galaxiigrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great box, I love getting nail polish in subs.

I have never used nail rocks or anything like it so I am excited to give it a try. I got the snail mask. I was kind of hoping I would. I am always game for new things and for some weird reason I wanted this. The eyeliner is black. Not anything I need but no real complaints. I am always on the lookout for the perfect eyeliner. The eyeshadow is a gorgeous shimmery golden brown. It will definitely get used. I am not a bar soap kinda girl but I will use it. I really like the smell.
I am just LOVING the stripes! <3

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ugh, their Surveys are not working!
Seems like their surveys are never up on time.

Got some pictures of my box and some swatches of the products!

The LISI Eyeliner was Cauldron which was the Black color. And the Da Vinci Shimmer Powder is in Harmony.

So is the 

shimmer powder an eyeshadow?
I really want the snail mask or the acne stuff but I guess it's an either or product. Too bad.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So is the 

I really want the snail mask or the acne stuff but I guess it's an either or product. Too bad.
I thought the same thing when I opened it but it seems to be a

highlighter.

reading off the card in the box it says: This versatile shimmering mineral powder is one of America's best kept beauty secrets. Made from the highest quality ingredients, it gives your face a subtle glow when you apply with an eye shadow or blush brush as an under eyebrow or cheek highlighter.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So is the 

You can get the acne stuff for $2 in change on the evologie site :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back