Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my shipping info today too- got my box Friday.

Also, I was trying to figure out what went wrong with this box. For me I think I was disappointed getting two products from the states in the 'international' box. I would have loved some Icelandic blue lagoon silica mask, or something just something really unique and outside of the typical countries one would expect. What items would you have liked to see?

Originally Posted by saidfreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my shipping info today too- got my box Friday.

Also, I was trying to figure out what went wrong with this box. For me I think I was disappointed getting two products from the states in the 'international' box. I would have loved some Icelandic blue lagoon silica mask, or something just something really unique and outside of the typical countries one would expect. What items would you have liked to see?
Good question, I don't understand their logic in this selection of items after their Man Repeller box. In a way, it's kinda sneaky as the MR box was decent and this one is downright disappointing. Most people don't have MUT to refer to, so I can't wait to see the backlash that'll no doubt go on their GB facebook page. Most people who ordered the January box are likely monthly subscribers too (if they aren't already subscribers).

They totally played it up by calling them "international beauty" products.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See, I'm a tad crazy...I'm like, hmm, snail mask...that sounds weird....I MUST TRY THIS!
I think I would have been ok if I didnt see that pic posted earlier in the thread with all the snails on the ladys face.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last month(more liek this month) there was a survey or some questions about the Glossymag, probably people answered saying they wouldn't miss it(I did) and that;'s why they didn't send it? Just my guess XD
Yeah I remember I'm just surprised they did it so quickly

I feel like I might not get my box until March.  It's still a state away, so I doubt I'll get it today or tomorrow. 

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good question, I don't understand their logic in this selection of items after their Man Repeller box. In a way, it's kinda sneaky as the MR box was decent and this one is downright disappointing. Most people don't have MUT to refer to, so I can't wait to see the backlash that'll no doubt go on their GB facebook page. Most people who ordered the January box are likely monthly subscribers too (if they aren't already subscribers).

They totally played it up by calling them "international beauty" products.
I see it a little different. Had I not been on this forum I wouldn't have known that I shouldn't like the box. I can guarantee I would have gotten it and been thrilled. Not as happy as the MR box, but that was curated and special. It won't be like that every month.  I'm often happy with a sub, and then read from forumites that apparently I shouldn't be. It used to happen with MyGlam ALL the time. I was perfectly happy, only to read on the forum that I SHOULD hate it. I haven't gotten my box, but aside from the nail stickers I'm happy with any of the variations I've seen.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see it a little different. Had I not been on this forum I wouldn't have known that I shouldn't like the box. I can guarantee I would have gotten it and been thrilled. Not as happy as the MR box, but that was curated and special. It won't be like that every month.  I'm often happy with a sub, and then read from forumites that apparently I shouldn't be. It used to happen with MyGlam ALL the time. I was perfectly happy, only to read on the forum that I SHOULD hate it. I haven't gotten my box, but aside from the nail stickers I'm happy with any of the variations I've seen.
That's a really interesting point of view. I find that boxes that are deemed underwhelming...prepare me to lower expectations.

So often times, I am pleasantly surprised because I didn't expect much.

Still pretty excited about it. I guess I have pretty low expectations with subscription boxes. Or I just like getting stuff in the mail. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The funny thing is, I got not one - not two - but THREE tracking numbers. Weird, huh? I tried to figure it out, and my conclusion is:

1. They sent me 1 box for my monthly subscription (started January and auto renewed this February);
  2. 1 additional box for a monthly subscription I bought this February (before realizing my Jan sub is autorenewed, so I asked for this sub to be cancelled; they said they'll cancel it going forward but they can't refund for the Feb box); and
  3. 1 more additional box for a monthly subscription I didn't purchase, but is showing as "Processing" in my Orders list.

icon_eek.gif
 <-- me when I got three Glossybox emails with three tracking numbers

I am so surprised you're saying this. Really, totally surprised.

I guess that's true, with MyGlam I was building my stock and trying out different textures so I was relatively excited. I don't think my judgment was too influenced by other women within this forum. I've seen some of their better or "worse" months. The difference is that Myglam paid more attention to their sub base after it went downhill a bit, maybe that's why I'm not as excited about this month. GB didn't sell to me that it was thought out, just thrown together. Especially right after a curated box.

I'm still interested in trying the mask or which ever combo I get though.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so surprised you're saying this. Really, totally surprised.
mm.. I'm wondering why you're surprised. Curiosity, really, more than anything.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like I'm getting mine today. Yay?
I just went to check on my box shipping... yesterday, it was only one state away.  Today... it's apparently still in NJ!  Yay Glossybox!

Its been in my city since Saturday.. based ib the tracking email I got yesterday. maybe I'll get it today.

of the options so far, I'm kind of hoping for the snail mask and the unicorn/mushroom weird stickers, which pretty much guarantees I'll get cheetah print and acne stuff I can't/won't use.  Or something totally different, as is often the case with GB and me...

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mm.. I'm wondering why you're surprised. Curiosity, really, more than anythin
I wasn't surprised...I was being sarcastic. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't get it.
Same... lols >.< but I do think that the thread influences one another.. I usually LOVE all the boxes but this month was eh so I skipped.

Idk about other people, but if I like what I get, I like it and that's it. If I don't I don't...I don't think anyone MAKES you like something or not, we just say what we think, isn't that the point of a discussion thread? 

Back