Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Huh, interesting but a friend got their GB and posted her photo in our chat group, and

there was no snail slime. Eyeliner but no lip gloss.
What was in her box?

She got this

DaVinci (German company) pot of shimmer stuff, yellowish. I looked them up and they seem to be a cosmetic brush manufacturer mainly...

Her other stuff was just as expected, the nail things, the acne stuff, the Lisi eyeliner (the lipgloss must be either/or) and the Bvlgari soap.

She's not real impressed with their idea of international and neither am I from the looks of this. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like the same exact box as NikNik posted!

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my box:

Bvlgari Soap

Davinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder

Evologie Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum & Stay Clear Cream

Lisi Liquid Eyeliner in Cauldron

Nail Rock in a gold cheetah color

The second product is interesting!!! What is it? Is it an

eyeshadow?
I hope I get the variation with the snail slime, but I would be happy with this box minus the Nail Rock.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, these look...disappointing.
It is...Everything is tiny. 

That's good for me, actually...because I've been waiting til my box gets here to cancel, and I was worried it'd be surprisingly awesome and I'd talk myself out of canceling. But that doesn't seem to be a danger, from what I see!

I think the soap, eyeliner, and nail stickers can all be considered full size and eyeshadow doesn't have to be huge to last a long time. We've been spoiled with huge samples from Glossybox recently so I get the disappointment, but this really isn't that stingy of a box. I'm excited for it. Really hoping I get a box like that minus the snail snot lol

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the soap, eyeliner, and nail stickers can all be considered full size and eyeshadow doesn't have to be huge to last a long time. We've been spoiled with huge samples from Glossybox recently so I get the disappointment, but this really isn't that stingy of a box. I'm excited for it. Really hoping I get a box like that minus the snail snot lol
dito.gif

Im not overly excited but not terribly dissapointed either. They shimmery shadow looks pretty and I will probably end up using most of it eventually.

Quote: Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think the sizes look bad...but I am just not interested in ANY of the products themselves except possibly the shadow (depending on shade, etc). First time that's happened to me with GB. The value and interesting factor just does not seem up to par for me. I think if I had paid for this box I'd look at it as a waste of $21. As it is, I got it free so I can just hope that something in the box surprises me and I end up liking it!

What is the size of the evologie? I mean, are they packets, tubes? That might actually be useful for me...having a bad skin month...

Glossybox has been amazing for months- I've been a subscriber from the first month & I would compare this box to July which was my least favorite so far.  But that means I've had 6 amazing boxes in between the 2 ho hum ones so thats not bad.  I'm hoping for the snail mask- It seems that I've tried everything else to help my winter skin- I'm hoping it will be my savior :)

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glossybox has been amazing for months- I've been a subscriber from the first month & I would compare this box to July which was my least favorite so far.  But that means I've had 6 amazing boxes in between the 2 ho hum ones so thats not bad.  I'm hoping for the snail mask- It seems that I've tried everything else to help my winter skin- I'm hoping it will be my savior :)
Glad I'm not the only one hoping for the mask!

Whoa!  The Nail Rock looks a little wild.

Here's my box:

Bvlgari Soap
Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder - Harmony
Evologie Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum & Stay Clear Cream
Lisi Liquid Eyeliner - Cauldron

Nail Rock in a gold cheetah color

I can see a lot of people being unhappy specially comparing the contents of last month's box to this month's box.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can see a lot of people being unhappy specially comparing the contents of last month's box to this month's box.
Yup, exactly

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Double post lmao

Are they kidding me? This was a total disaster box for me. I actually audibly laughed when I opened it. I understand these boxes have to attract a wide range of ages, but at 44 I wouldn't use any of these.

The ONLY thing that's keeping me cool is the extra box and lipstick glossybox sent me by accident last month.

Here's my farce of a box:

Shimmery yellowy gold shadow, nail stickers with ghosts, mushrooms and unicorns with rainbows, BRIGHT BLUE shimmery liquid liner and a soap I had in a hotel I stayed in a few months ago! Do they think I'm 13?

Got the eyeshadow in Twilight - a beautiful shimmery champagne color. Eyeliner in a GORGEOUS electric blue called "Potion". Nail Rocks are pretty out there with these designs, but they will be perfect for the party I'm going to tomorrow night. Soap smells awesome. I'm pretty sure everything but the Evologie is full size - and even the Evologie are deluxe sample size. So glad I didnt get the snail mask, though if I did I would have sent it to Miss Princess2010 because I know she wants it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Pardon the super sloppy swatches.

Let's revisit this once you get your boxes. 
Ok! Got my box, still feel the same! I actually love it!

Here it is:

ETA: At the top lol

Im actually really liking all the funky nail stickers (except for the animal print but even then my little girl would love them)

Latest posts

Back