Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blah. See, I'd be happy to try maybe one of Bvlgari's fragrances or body lotions (though I hated the one scent I've tried from them...)...but soap is probably the least exciting thing they could have chosen, along with a lip gloss and a black liner. This will be the first month I haven't found anything exciting at all. I don't mind soap if there is something special about it (like I loved the loofah soap!) but I imagine this one will be heavily perfumed and won't get used.

I know we're all hoping for box variations...but even if there is one, some of us will get this. Oh well, at least it's free for many of us!
Bvlgari Omnia Cristalline  is my HG perfume. Love it so much.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still staying positive lol
top.gif
I like your attitude! Not that it's the case this month, but GB USUALLY ships then sends notices. Last month was a mess and not the norm shipping schedule. Hopefully they've recovered!

bah i totally meant to skip february because i have no interest in the box but i forgot.  and here i was finally trying to save some money for once!

just an update from FB:

Good News - Your International Style boxes are being packed. Shipments begin this week!

they also mentioned in some comments: Don't worry if you haven't been charged yet, we are still charging for the month, we experienced a delay in charging, but no worries - you should see a charge by the end of this week!!

I was charged! yay lol...hopefully they're gonna ship by the end of this week, they've already posted pics of shipping boxes on facebook!

I think GB is really stepping up their CS- which was sooooo needed.  I received my Cosmo code box & the missha cream was too dark and the lipstick was smushed.  To my surprise, I arrived home today to a new light missha bb cream & an Ellis faas lip gloss waiting on my door step.  I'm looking forward to continued stellar boxes & improved CS.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think GB is really stepping up their CS- which was sooooo needed.  I received my Cosmo code box & the missha cream was too dark and the lipstick was smushed.  To my surprise, I arrived home today to a new light missha bb cream & an Ellis faas lip gloss waiting on my door step.  I'm looking forward to continued stellar boxes & improved CS.
wow that's impressive and so nice of them!!

You have to cancel your account which you can do on their site & then you'll have to sign back up when your ready to start receiving them again ;-)

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to cancel your account which you can do on their site & then you'll have to sign back up when your ready to start receiving them again ;-)
thanks 

Hi all,

Quite new here so looking forward to getting your advice.

I purchased the February box on the 8th using my Paypal account. I see that my credit card was charged then. The subscription was logged both in the "My Subscriptions" and "My Orders" section of my Glossybox account. The amount was for $21 + tax. Note that I only signed up for a monthly subscription.

However, this morning, my Paypal account and credit card were charged again. It was for $21 only, without tax, even though the shipping address is the same. It was reflected in "My Orders" as purchase for the February 2013 box, but not in "My Subscriptions". I thought that by purchasing the monthly subscription, I would only be charged once a month. So I'm confused why I am being charged twice this month.

Can anyone help shed light on this? Why am I being charged twice, and the second one without tax?

Hi all, Quite new here so looking forward to getting your advice. I purchased the February box on the 8th using my Paypal account. I see that my credit card was charged then. The subscription was logged both in the "My Subscriptions" and "My Orders" section of my Glossybox account. The amount was for $21 + tax. Note that I only signed up for a monthly subscription. However, this morning, my Paypal account and credit card were charged again. It was for $21 only, without tax, even though the shipping address is the same. It was reflected in "My Orders" as purchase for the February 2013 box, but not in "My Subscriptions". I thought that by purchasing the monthly subscription, I would only be charged once a month. So I'm confused why I am being charged twice this month. Can anyone help shed light on this? Why am I being charged twice, and the second one without tax?
Email them ASAP!

Originally Posted by mwcw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all,

Quite new here so looking forward to getting your advice.

I purchased the February box on the 8th using my Paypal account. I see that my credit card was charged then. The subscription was logged both in the "My Subscriptions" and "My Orders" section of my Glossybox account. The amount was for $21 + tax. Note that I only signed up for a monthly subscription.

However, this morning, my Paypal account and credit card were charged again. It was for $21 only, without tax, even though the shipping address is the same. It was reflected in "My Orders" as purchase for the February 2013 box, but not in "My Subscriptions". I thought that by purchasing the monthly subscription, I would only be charged once a month. So I'm confused why I am being charged twice this month.

Can anyone help shed light on this? Why am I being charged twice, and the second one without tax?
Agree with soccer, email them now. You don't want the double billing to go on and with GB it could forever if you don't put a stop to it right off.

Thanks, I'll do that and I'll also give them a call later. I've also cancelled the billing in Paypal and opened a case disputing the billing. Hopefully this is as painless as possible!

Anyway, still looking forward to the Feb box, despite this!

I look forward to see what you all get for the February GB will be even though I have cancelled my membership.  I don't regret cancelling it as I was really angry that I got 2 items in the January box that I have received twice already, not cool :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope it's better for February.  I may subscribe again in the future as they were my fav beauty sample box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got an email with a 20% code to subscribe...again, I've subscribed and unsubscribed to gb so many times, this time I'm not even tempted. 

Code was love20 for anyone who wanted to use it.

Latest posts

Back