Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing about GB is that there are usually slight box variations. I'm guessing we won't get to see everything coming. I'm good with what was shown though.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing about GB is that there are usually slight box variations. I'm guessing we won't get to see everything coming. I'm good with what was shown though.
That's what I'm guessing, too...except I didn't want even one of the items that were shown. Otherwise I would have taken the chance on this month, since I had enough glossydots for a free box. Oh well, next month! 

(I'm just waiting for when the boxes start arriving and they're totally awesome and I end up regretting skipping Feb). 

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I'm guessing, too...except I didn't want even one of the items that were shown. Otherwise I would have taken the chance on this month, since I had enough glossydots for a free box. Oh well, next month! 

(I'm just waiting for when the boxes start arriving and they're totally awesome and I end up regretting skipping Feb). 

That's kind of how I feel...I already cashed in my dots for a free box, so I can be done with GB, but the spoiler pic doesn't contain anything that interests me. Oh well! On to better things. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Redeemed my Glossydots for my final box and want nothing more to do with GB.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love that with puppies and that's my 21 year old self XD
*raises hand* My 43 year old self totally agrees. Hell, my 18 year old would not only agree, but she'd beg you to arrange it. In fact, there was this movie scene where it showed a wolf, baring his fangs, his mouth covered in dripping blood ~ her reaction? She squealed and screamed "Puppy!"

Those are my genes. <3

Damnit, I came to this thread hoping that you guys would convince me to sign up (been on the fence now for about 4 months) and I'm not feeling any love, here. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by BeachBoheme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*raises hand* My 43 year old self totally agrees. Hell, my 18 year old would not only agree, but she'd beg you to arrange it. In fact, there was this movie scene where it showed a wolf, baring his fangs, his mouth covered in dripping blood ~ her reaction? She squealed and screamed "Puppy!"

Those are my genes. <3
I have issues with doggies! Also doesn't seem like this would be a good month to sign up, lots of unhappiness with the contents this month D: 

Those are my genes. <3
Lolll, that's me right now (at 26). I love dogs too much ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm actually excited (I know I know, I'm the only one) about the nail rock and hope I get a cool color/print. I've never had enough interest to actively look for them but if I'm getting them in this box, I'm excited to try them out.

*raises hand* My 43 year old self totally agrees. Hell, my 18 year old would not only agree, but she'd beg you to arrange it. In fact, there was this movie scene where it showed a wolf, baring his fangs, his mouth covered in dripping blood ~ her reaction? She squealed and screamed "Puppy!" Those are my genes. <3
Puppies *and* kitties over here. That labradoodle with the lion grooming job? CAN I HAVE HIM NAO? Except I would prefer to NIT BE AWAKENED AT TWO IN THE MORNING BY A KITTY LICKING MY EYELIDS! AND THEN AGAIN AT FOUR! He is very lucky he is adorable. Does kitty spit have any dermatological therapeutic value? Because otherwise, I think he's just trying to give me a dermabrasion treatment and (once he moves to my arms) remove my tattoos. *scrapescrapescrape* Oh, and rats. *So* cute. That horror flick _Willard_? One of the most adorable things *ever*.

Those are my genes. <3
We must be related! That's how I am, it cracks my husband up.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Puppies *and* kitties over here. That labradoodle with the lion grooming job? CAN I HAVE HIM NAO? Except I would prefer to NIT BE AWAKENED AT TWO IN THE MORNING BY A KITTY LICKING MY EYELIDS! AND THEN AGAIN AT FOUR! He is very lucky he is adorable. Does kitty spit have any dermatological therapeutic value? Because otherwise, I think he's just trying to give me a dermabrasion treatment and (once he moves to my arms) remove my tattoos. *scrapescrapescrape*

Oh, and rats. *So* cute. That horror flick _Willard_? One of the most adorable things *ever*.
I can't do kitties ~ I'm *viciously* allergic. However, there is a cat in our neighbourhood that I came SO close to adopting (thinking that much like my multitude of other allergies, it went away after puberty) ~ until I realized that she belonged to my next door neighbour. She's usually outside by my car and whatever the weather, I go outside to give her milk or whatever tasty (non-doggie) treat I have on hand.

(I REALLY stressed out about trying to adopt her ~ I didn't want to adopt her and risk still being allergic and having to let her go)

We have a Catahoula Cur/Aussie Shepard mix that totally thinks he's a cat ~ I think that's prolly the closest I'll get to having a kitty. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(Please don't mind the messy background ~ with Tank, it's almost impossible to keep the house as clean as I'd like!)

Now, about a year ago, we found a sickly baby 'possum by our driveway (someone had killed his mama ~ we found and buried her body a day later). We nursed him over the holiday weekend and then turned him over to a local wildlife rescue shelter the next day is was open with the understanding that after he received medical treatment (he was obviously sick and/or injured), we'd raise him to adulthood. So sadly, though, he died the same day (we didn't realise it, but he had internal injuries). We ended up bringing him home and burying him in the backyard in a little memorial. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now, we're a "recognized" foster home for 'possums. Haven't had a foster baby for about 3 months, thankfully (since they come to us under less-than-happy circumstances).

But we're a family of devoted animal lovers. Whenever anyone in our neighbourhood finds a lost animal, they come here, LOL! <3

Originally Posted by lechatonrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We must be related! That's how I am, it cracks my husband up.
Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lolll, that's me right now (at 26). I love dogs too much ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm actually excited (I know I know, I'm the only one) about the nail rock and hope I get a cool color/print. I've never had enough interest to actively look for them but if I'm getting them in this box, I'm excited to try them out.
LOL, it didn't use to amuse the hubby ~ for the longest time, he'd whinge about being afraid of being the "Bumpuses" (from "A Christmas Story" movie ~ the next-door neighbours with several dogs that run wild throughout the movie). Now, since getting Tank, he's more ... open. Or just resigned to having multiple animals.

And even though Tank was *supposed* to be our son's bestie, hubby's his person through and through. It's hilarious to see my huge, tough looking hubby sweet-talk and croon to Tank. Our joke is that Tank could drop a deuce on his forehead and my hubby would find some way to rationalise that Tank was doing him a favour.
laughno.gif

"Tank just heard that dog-poop has wonderful anti-aging properties ~ he's just trying to keep me young-looking!"

Growing up, we ALWAYS had dogs. Mum had 2 Lhasas at one time (using the excuse to my dad that she was going to be a breeder ~ but really, she just loved dogs) ~ and we ended up keeping 2 of their puppies. Then, once the mum (Cookie) and dad (Grover ~ both names from Sesame Street) Lhasas passed away (of old age ~ they lived to be 16 & 18), we got two Cockers (again, she said she was going to breed them, but never did). With the two puppies from Cookie and Grover, we had 4 dogs at one time. Sounds crazy, but they were so small, you really never knew they were there. Unless it was time for breakfast, dinner, or you had food. ,')

I have issues with doggies! Also doesn't seem like this would be a good month to sign up, lots of unhappiness with the contents this month D: 
your doggeh is so cute! And what you do 4 animals is amazing! U rock and I thank u 4 doing that 4 them
biggrin.gif
Thank you! <3

Loving doggies isn't having issues ~ it's having a big ol' squishy awesome heart. <3<3<3

haha I know, I'm jk ^^ I have a beagle and just adore him if I could have more and more doggies I would
biggrin.gif
I'm a beagle girl too! I have two of them. Unfortunately I think I'm going to get news today that my oldest one has cancer. I hope not but my gut is telling me that's the case.

So this post isn't completely OT I'll add something about GB. I'm eternally grateful it's nail rock in the box. If eye rock is one of the variations I'll DIE!!! I somehow managed to dodge eye rock for about a year with BB.

Latest posts

Back