Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Redeemed my Glossydots for my final box and want nothing more to do with GB.
I am doing the same thing this month. I am over their BS.

I am doing the same thing this month. I am over their BS.
I did this last month, and the delays and lies about the shipping pissed me off to the point where I stopped caring whether I even received the thing. I'm not sure whether I didn't care because I hadn't paid for it or because I was so fed up that I didn't even want it despite the fact that it was free. And then I received one box more than a week into February, and then another arrived a few days after that. Now that people are canceling right and left, I would not be surprised if GB accidentally sent boxes out to people who bailed.

I'm wickedly allergic to cats too and we have 4 of the furry little sociopaths.  I didn't know I was allergic until after we adopted the fourth one and got tested.  I use a sinus rinse bottle and keep them out of the bedroom and that helps a lot.  It's funny, I've had at least one cat throughout my life and I turn up allergic to two things...cats and hickory trees. I don't think I've seen a hicory tree in my life so I don't know what's up with that.

Don't give the kitty milk.  Cats are lactose intolerant!

Originally Posted by BeachBoheme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't do kitties ~ I'm *viciously* allergic. However, there is a cat in our neighbourhood that I came SO close to adopting (thinking that much like my multitude of other allergies, it went away after puberty) ~ until I realized that she belonged to my next door neighbour. She's usually outside by my car and whatever the weather, I go outside to give her milk or whatever tasty (non-doggie) treat I have on hand.......

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wickedly allergic to cats too and we have 4 of the furry little sociopaths.  I didn't know I was allergic until after we adopted the fourth one and got tested.  I use a sinus rinse bottle and keep them out of the bedroom and that helps a lot.  It's funny, I've had at least one cat throughout my life and I turn up allergic to two things...cats and hickory trees. I don't think I've seen a hicory tree in my life so I don't know what's up with that.

Don't give the kitty milk.  Cats are lactose intolerant!
I have four kitties as well! I'm actually very allergic to cats, but I've had them since I was little so my body sort of built up an immunity to them. Unless I go and rub my nose in them for hours lol, but they do sleep with me. One on my pillow, one in my arm, one on my leg and one usually nuzzled between me and my hubby! (I was allergy tested as a kid, so I know I have a horrible allergy to them
smile.gif
) Couldn't imagine my life without my little fuzzballs! <3

I have 2 standard poodles & their my children.  My oldest is almost 15- I got her for my 20th birthday, I feel as if we've both grew up together.  God, I used to be a wild child..lol!!

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 2 standard poodles & their my children.  My oldest is almost 15- I got her for my 20th birthday, I feel as if we've both grew up together.  God, I used to be a wild child..lol!!
Awww...isn't it great to grow up with a pet? My eldest kitty is going on 14 and her "daughter" is almost 13 and we're very attached to each other :) Kinda like old souls, except I'm still young lol

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did this last month, and the delays and lies about the shipping pissed me off to the point where I stopped caring whether I even received the thing. I'm not sure whether I didn't care because I hadn't paid for it or because I was so fed up that I didn't even want it despite the fact that it was free.

And then I received one box more than a week into February, and then another arrived a few days after that. Now that people are canceling right and left, I would not be surprised if GB accidentally sent boxes out to people who bailed.
I agree. It is soooooo frustrating and annoying. The first rule in customer service 101 is to keep the customer happy. If you have no customers you have no money, lol. I just realized that for the price of one Glossybox I can get 2 other subscription services that are not going to treat me like crap. If you wanna see all the crap I had to deal with I actually made a video about it on my YouTube channel (link is in my signature). I just don't think I have ever had to deal with such terrible customer service ever in my life. Hopefully they learn from this and start treating their customers better.

Originally Posted by Rachaface10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. It is soooooo frustrating and annoying. The first rule in customer service 101 is to keep the customer happy. If you have no customers you have no money, lol. I just realized that for the price of one Glossybox I can get 2 other subscription services that are not going to treat me like crap. If you wanna see all the crap I had to deal with I actually made a video about it on my YouTube channel (link is in my signature). I just don't think I have ever had to deal with such terrible customer service ever in my life. Hopefully they learn from this and start treating their customers better.
Tbh I don't think they will. If you have a job were the company treats customers like shit and there are no benefits over giving good customer service, you won't give a shit. The customers will call mad(with plenty of reasons) and if there's no bonus or anything like that for giving good cs, or even lol a paycheck they won't care. I worked for a company that was shit to their clients and I had to apologize tons of times over what the company did and people sometimes don't understand that it's not the agent's fault, but the company's, the only reason I wasn't a witch to clients, is cuz 1: I was getting paid and 2: there was a bonus over good stats. I'm not saying any of you would take it on clients or anything. But think about this, people is mad, not all people is rational, people will yell at the agent, the agent will be mad and honestly won't give a shit about their feedback...agent won't care about giving good cs. I think Glossybox like others said it's just trying to build up a good client base(regardless of good customer service) and sell the company...Companies measure agent's performance on customer service through surveys most of the time or listening to calls. I don't know about the listning to calls part, cuz well I don't work for Glossybox and don't know how things work there, but I contacted them twice through the phone and there was no survey or anything that would let me leave feedback for their agents, so I don't think they give a crap about the quality of their customer service.

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but from this email that was buried in my spam folder I guess we aren't getting anything from France or Japan.. and Italy is going to be represented by the Bvlgari soap. I'm thinking that the original spoiler was probably spot on..

art_resource.php

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but from this email that was buried in my spam folder I guess we aren't getting anything from France or Japan.. and Italy is going to be represented by the Bvlgari soap. I'm thinking that the original spoiler was probably spot on..

art_resource.php
I just wonder if there will be any variations and what will they be O.O

I was really hoping that the original spoiler wasn't correct but oh well I guess. Not super excited but not the worse box in the world but for 21 bucks I do expect a little more from GB

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just want this one to hurry up and ship so I can cancel and be done with it...
Me too. I'm afraid that if I cancel before the "order" for the box is entered that my points won't be applied at all.

I really wanted to love Glossybox, I love their samples (for the most part), but the CS and associated BS is the dealbreaker for me.

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lolll, that's me right now (at 26). I love dogs too much ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm actually excited (I know I know, I'm the only one) about the nail rock and hope I get a cool color/print. I've never had enough interest to actively look for them but if I'm getting them in this box, I'm excited to try them out.
Yeah that's actually the only product I'm excited for! :)

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

art_resource.php
Blah. See, I'd be happy to try maybe one of Bvlgari's fragrances or body lotions (though I hated the one scent I've tried from them...)...but soap is probably the least exciting thing they could have chosen, along with a lip gloss and a black liner. This will be the first month I haven't found anything exciting at all. I don't mind soap if there is something special about it (like I loved the loofah soap!) but I imagine this one will be heavily perfumed and won't get used.

I know we're all hoping for box variations...but even if there is one, some of us will get this. Oh well, at least it's free for many of us!

I too have not been charged yet. I just called and they said they are in the process of charging people now. She stated the boxes were set to go out Feb 22, though to be honest I'm not exacty seeing how that is possible if they don't even know how many boxes they are going to need since they have not charged us yet...

Latest posts

Back