Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lechatonrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No need =D

Well, that clinches it.  Snail snot is going to the trade list.  If I tried to use it, this image would sear itself into my brain. 

Beach Boheme, congrats on quitting!  I have seen many people quit smoking (most of them had to quit several times!) and it is the hardest thing to watch.  And I know it's 100x harder to do.   Bravo!  
claps.gif
  (Also, thanks, now I have "La Vie Boheme" stuck in my head.)

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, that clinches it.  Snail snot is going to the trade list.  If I tried to use it, this image would sear itself into my brain. 

Beach Boheme, congrats on quitting!  I have seen many people quit smoking (most of them had to quit several times!) and it is the hardest thing to watch.  And I know it's 100x harder to do.   Bravo!  
claps.gif
  (Also, thanks, now I have "La Vie Boheme" stuck in my head.)
Why did you say that dammit! lmao now I do too lol

Did you guys see what glossybox posted on fb as a teaser for the February international box? They showed this amazing box of international stuff and wrote these items won't be in your box but wait until you see what is. Totally trying to drum up excitement and the box they showed blew what is actually in the box out of the water

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys see what glossybox posted on fb as a teaser for the February international box? They showed this amazing box of international stuff and wrote these items won't be in your box but wait until you see what is. Totally trying to drum up excitement and the box they showed blew what is actually in the box out of the water
LOL that's pretty lame :S I would love those products in my box though, that'd be a good box actually lol

Has anyone actually been charged for the February box? I dont' have anything showing up in my account and I am usually charged closer to the beginning of the month.

Has anyone actually been charged for the February box? I dont' have anything showing up in my account and I am usually charged closer to the beginning of the month.
I emailed GB a few days ago and they said they'd start charging for Feb at the beginning of next week :)

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed GB a few days ago and they said they'd start charging for Feb at the beginning of next week :)
Thanks for that. I had enough glossydots to get a free box so I am even more excited about it, lol. This box is also what is going to help me decide if I want to stay with them or not.

Hmm.. that's when they should be sending them.  I recall they usually charge on the 2nd week of the month, and ship on the third.  My conspiracy theory brain is thinking they want as many people to use this month for their free box, and is giving people more time to finish surveys to have points to do so.

If that's true, that's rather lame. I'm considering going inactive for like a month, but I get this feeling it's going downhill from there.

Originally Posted by BeachBoheme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*sigh* About 5 years ago, I'd be right there, with you, saying that. But after I quit smoking (having smoked for over 25 years ~ ugh), I took stock of what smoking and plain ol' aging (I'm 43) had done to my skin and I did NOT like it. So, at this point, I'm prolly the snail-snot-slathering kinda gal I never thought I'd be.

Hell, I remember hearing about placenta-based anti-aging products and gagging, declaring that I'd never get THAT desperate. Today? I'd prolly ask "How much do I need and how do I use it?!" o_O

As for cruelty free products, before my hubby started working for the US Navy, I was a card-carrying member of PETA (can't do that anymore since the US gubmint has them listed as a "terrorist organization" and it'd destroy my hubby's security clearance), so I agree whole-heartedly on boycotting products that torture animals in their testing/development.

I get the concept of keeping people safe, I really do. What I don't get is that with all of our knowledge in the area of chemistry, we can't figure out if that new perfume is dangerous or poisonous without squirting it in a monkey's eyes. o_O
Most of Missha's products are cruelty free. They have "no animal testing" printed on most of their packaging.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it!

I don't know if that's for all their products or more specifically the snail slime products. I have no clue if their is a cruelty free way to just get the "excretion". But I do know in France, they eat snails (escargot) as frequently as we eat gummy bears!

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm.. that's when they should be sending them.  I recall they usually charge on the 2nd week of the month, and ship on the third.  My conspiracy theory brain is thinking they want as many people to use this month for their free box, and is giving people more time to finish surveys to have points to do so.
They did also say they would be shipping on time this month as well (I didn't even ask about that in the email)....so we'll see! I'm hoping for the best, but if not, I mean, I did receive the January box so late, it wouldn't be too crazy since it'd still be a month apart regardless lol

They did also say they would be shipping on time this month as well (I didn't even ask about that in the email)....so we'll see! I'm hoping for the best, but if not, I mean, I did receive the January box so late, it wouldn't be too crazy since it'd still be a month apart regardless lol

So true!  The January boxes were so late that I wasn't expecting my February box any time soon...(I'm afraid my expectations with glossybox are very low, lol)...but I did go ahead and use my points to pay for the February box...not sure how I feel about the spoilers so far??  I guess I am wondering if we will actually receive different items than what was shown in the one spoiler I have seen since there is usually at least some variation in boxes?  Wishful thinking maybe??

And I posted this on the BB thread but if anyone really likes the Wella Velvet Amplifier from Dec? glossybox, you can get a full size along with some other nice samples at Total Beauty right now, use code FBLOVE13 to save $1.50 and shipping is free so the total is $13.50....http://www.totalbeauty.com/shops/collections/resolution-solution

Originally Posted by mks8372 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true!  The January boxes were so late that I wasn't expecting my February box any time soon...(I'm afraid my expectations with glossybox are very low, lol)...but I did go ahead and use my points to pay for the February box...not sure how I feel about the spoilers so far??  I guess I am wondering if we will actually receive different items than what was shown in the one spoiler I have seen since there is usually at least some variation in boxes?  Wishful thinking maybe??
I'm right there with you as far as wishful thinking goes. I'm not too thrilled with the spoiler. If the spoiler is 100% exact then this will be my last glossybox because this will be my second blah box in 3 months.

I so wish they had spoilers
Earlier in the thread spoilers were listed. Im hoping that its inaccurate though. The December and January boxes I really enjoyed but if the spoilers are correct on February I'm not too excited

Latest posts

Back