Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone is who isn't getting this box for free been charged yet? The sub I get for my mom hasn't been charged for this month and it is usually charged on the 9th. Should I try calling or emailing them? Or just wait?
I actually asked that earlier and didn't get a response...I was wondering why I haven't been charged yet either???

I should be getting it for free, but I assume youstill get that "order confirmation" email and I haven't gotten that yet.

I was promised the february box but I'll probably have to bother them several more times to make sure I get it!

Seriously crazy... I got another Jan Man Repeller box in the mail yesterday and thought that was what GB decided to send me for my Cosmo code. Um spoke too soon... I got the October box in the mail today! 

Seriously crazy... I got another Jan Man Repeller box in the mail yesterday and thought that was what GB decided to send me for my Cosmo code. Um spoke too soon... I got the October box in the mail today! 
Just out of curiosity, how many RP boxes did you order versus how many received?

I haven't been charged yet and from the spoiler, I don't like this box so I cancelled... but cracked up when I read the 'are you sure?!?!' dialog:

• You give up your monthly surprise box full of luxury for self-indulging
  • You have to form an opinion under time and buying pressure for cosmetics again
  • You can't discover the latest trends by yourself. You'll miss exciting luxury brands of the next GlossyBox

a little desperate, eh? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so sad that i have to form an opinion 'under pressure' now!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just out of curiosity, how many RP boxes did you order versus how many received?
Here's the breakdown:

1 box from my last month of a 3 month sub

1 box from my first month of a free 6 month sub that I won on Facebook

3 Gift boxes for my sister, SIL and friend

1 mystery box that I think I was charged for. When I was on the phone w/ CS I found that I had 2 accounts. The 2nd one under my paypal email address which I never opened. Says it opened Jan and was charged Jan 9th. UM no... Looked in paypal and found the charge for 1 month. Decided not to deal with sending it back since GB is sketchy enough w/out having to deal w/ returns. Cancelled account. 

So, yesterday yet another Jan box shows up. I think it's the box for the Cosmo code and was super bummed. 

Then today the Oct box shows. 

Originally Posted by wxhailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  • You have to form an opinion under time and buying pressure for cosmetics again
  • You can't discover the latest trends by yourself. You'll miss exciting luxury brands of the next GlossyBox
These aren't even gramatically correct. FFS. They charge enough mony to get someone to check their writing.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by wxhailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These aren't even gramatically correct. FFS. They charge enough mony to get someone to check their writing.

Oh my gosh. Admittedly I can be a little bit of a Nazi on grammar since I write for a living. Usually I try to overlook it... but that is truly bad writing. It appears to be done by an ESL writer or a bad spinner program. GlossyBox has amazing products but they are a disaster in every other way, unfortunately.

I agree!  They really need to get their act together.  Just cancelled my Glossy Box subscription, too many other subs I would rather try!

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Originally Posted by rockhoundluna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my gosh. Admittedly I can be a little bit of a Nazi on grammar since I write for a living. Usually I try to overlook it... but that is truly bad writing. It appears to be done by an ESL writer or a bad spinner program. GlossyBox has amazing products but they are a disaster in every other way, unfortunately.
Have you guys read their Glossymag or whatever they call it? Chock full of grammar errors - unreadable.

Have you guys read their Glossymag or whatever they call it? Chock full of grammar errors - unreadable.
I never read it, I just look at the pictures lol Maybe it's British/English grammar. I work with a bunch of people from the UK and the way they construct their sentences are different.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I took one of the surveys to get Glossydots, it asked if I owned any "Channel" make up!  Come on!

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never read it, I just look at the pictures lol

Maybe it's British/English grammar. I work with a bunch of people from the UK and the way they construct their sentences are different.
That's no British English I've ever read. It reads like something from one of my Taiwanese contacts- the ones who put things through Google Translate. lol

When I took one of the surveys to get Glossydots, it asked if I owned any "Channel" make up!  Come on!
Lolllll even worse I have a cousin named Channel (pronounced Chanel of course ugh) and when I mentioned the misspelling to her mother, she actually fervently argued that it was the correct way to spell it. So, not only gaudy enough to name a child after a brand (seriously I asked why not name her Gabrielle or Coco if she loved Chanel so much and she didn't even know what I meant!!) but stupid enough to misspell it (as you might note, I'm not close to this 'family')

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lolllll even worse I have a cousin named Channel (pronounced Chanel of course ugh) and when I mentioned the misspelling to her mother, she actually fervently argued that it was the correct way to spell it. So, not only gaudy enough to name a child after a brand (seriously I asked why not name her Gabrielle or Coco if she loved Chanel so much and she didn't even know what I meant!!) but stupid enough to misspell it (as you might note, I'm not close to this 'family')
That's a good story, hilarious when you can easily check the label ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I emailed Glossybox to verify that we haven't been charged yet, or was my profile not active and LITERALLY 45 seconds later I received a reply email from them! They said they're not charging until the beginning of next week and they WILL be shipping on time this month. We'll see if that comes to pass, but so far, I'm feeling good about this
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Canadian glossymag Was Full Of totally Random capitalization and Fonts that changed Mid-Sentence.  It was pretty much impossible to read.  Fortunately it only lasted two months (I think?) and then they cancelled it.  I find it super-suspicious that the woman who is the "face" of Glossybox Canada apparently has two law degrees (though I'm guessing it's because she went to school in Quebec where they use a different legal system than the rest of Canada, so most people there study both civil and common law), worked in NYC law firms and is a marketing expert.  Both her personal blog and the Glossybox.ca blog look like something from the dying days of Geocities. I know junior high students with better writing skills, a better eye for design, and more interesting ideas.  However, I found an old article about her where she claimed to be an expert on retail liquidations, which might explain why Glossybox Canada is sending out discontinued and expired products. 

I emailed Glossybox to verify that we haven't been charged yet, or was my profile not active and LITERALLY 45 seconds later I received a reply email from them! They said they're not charging until the beginning of next week and they WILL be shipping on time this month. We'll see if that comes to pass, but so far, I'm feeling good about this
smilehappyyes.gif
Wow!  Maybe they are FINALLY stepping their customer service up a notch!

Originally Posted by martianeskimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, my goodness...that's absolutely hilarious!

smilehappyyes.gif

Awesome that's good to hear! :)

Latest posts

Back