Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's bullshit because they told me it meant an extra October box. I don't think anyone in that company has any idea what the COSMO code was really meant to be for. They probably just hoped they would lure in tons of new subscribers who would forget they used a code three months later.

Exactly!  It makes it sound like I'm being grabby-handed, when I'm just trying to receive the incentive for which I joined in the first place.  I think a number of people joined in the same time frame, using the same code, so I really don't know where a "July box" comes into it.  Sigh.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's bullshit because they told me it meant an extra October box. I don't think anyone in that company has any idea what the COSMO code was really meant to be for. They probably just hoped they would lure in tons of new subscribers who would forget they used a code three months later.
I don't think anyone has any idea about anything! I don't think they even train the agents in the promos they have...they are not paying them so clearly they are being cheap, and training would be a waste of time, they probably teach them the system and toss them on the phones/emails lol

Originally Posted by Katinka31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paid for a 3-month sub in October, using the COSMO code, then received the November/December/January.  My account recently showed that the subscription ended, but it didn't make any mention of receiving my free box (as promised with the code).  I sent an email to CS, asking if I would receive the February box, and got this reply:

Um, huh?  This is from Retailmenot.com, where I found the COSMO code:

Was the offer supposed to have expired in July?  I just don't get it.  I'm not holding out much hope for receiving anything.  I wasn't going to re-sub anyway -- I decided I'd rather get a second Birchbox instead.
I had the same problem with the COSMO code. I was told by Gloosybox's CS that I was supposed to get a free September box. They did eventually send the Sept. box to me.

All of this chatter makes me insanely happy with myself for canceling altogether.  This company is ridiculous.

I am absolutely loving Lip Factory Inc so I don't feel like I'm missing anything....except the pink boxes.  Those were cool and I could use them for storing lots of little things.

Originally Posted by JuliaS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the same problem with the COSMO code. I was told by Gloosybox's CS that I was supposed to get a free September box. They did eventually send the Sept. box to me.
I also had to call in about the COSMO code.  They told me that they would put my name down so that I could get a free Feb. box.  I didn't trust them to actually do that, so I went ahead an paid for a one month subscription for the Feb. box as well because I didn't want to miss out on the international box.  (I did that before I saw the spoilers!)  I thought that if they actually sent the free one that I could just re-gift it, but I do agree with most people on here that the February box kind of sucks, at least based on the spoiler pic we've all seen, so now I'll have 2 sucky boxes.  I'm still hoping that there are different variations & that maybe I won't get all the items I'm not interested in.

I decided to use my 1000 of 1390 dots to get this box "free."  Fingers crossed they do not charge my CC or send multiple boxes!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to use my 1000 of 1390 dots to get this box "free."  Fingers crossed they do not charge my CC or send multiple boxes!
I did this for the January box, which I finally received this past Saturday.  And again last night.  So they didn't charge my CC (which I found to be a pleasant surprise given how everything else about this company is), but I did end up with two almost identical boxes (different lip products).

Oh boy.  Guess I have some suprises to look forward to!  Good or bad will be determined I guess!  I am happy to hear that you did not get charged.  I would not want a second box but could give the items away.  I just would feel bad getting multiple boxes when I know that other people never get boxes!  But when the paitents are running the asslyum I supposed it is bound to happen!  (No offense meant to anyone.   I work with people with SMI and I am not speaking of mentally ill people in any way! Just using it to illustragte the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to GB).

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did this for the January box, which I finally received this past Saturday.  And again last night.  So they didn't charge my CC (which I found to be a pleasant surprise given how everything else about this company is), but I did end up with two almost identical boxes (different lip products).

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh boy.  Guess I have some suprises to look forward to!  Good or bad will be determined I guess!  I am happy to hear that you did not get charged.  I would not want a second box but could give the items away.  I just would feel bad getting multiple boxes when I know that other people never get boxes!  But when the paitents are running the asslyum I supposed it is bound to happen!  (No offense meant to anyone.   I work with people with SMI and I am not speaking of mentally ill people in any way! Just using it to illustragte the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to GB).
The monkeys are running the zoo.  I'm just happy I got out before they started flinging poo everywhere.

Dang!  I like your analogy better!  You always have the good one liners!

The monkeys are running the zoo.  I'm just happy I got out before they started flinging poo everywhere.

Hey stop talking about me!!! *ahem*
biggrin.gif

Loved the January box. Hate the February box. Just cancelled my subscription. Much better things I can do with my $ this month than buy this box! May re-sub again in the future, though.

Has anyone is who isn't getting this box for free been charged yet? The sub I get for my mom hasn't been charged for this month and it is usually charged on the 9th. Should I try calling or emailing them? Or just wait?

Cancelled. If they add more products to what was in the spoiler I'll probably regret that I did.

It doesn't seem worth $10 this month, as far as purchasing power that these boxes have. And I'm not okay with snail goo, let alone cruel obtained snail glue.
 ​
How could you hurt this cute little guy?

Has anyone is who isn't getting this box for free been charged yet? The sub I get for my mom hasn't been charged for this month and it is usually charged on the 9th. Should I try calling or emailing them? Or just wait?
I actually asked that earlier and didn't get a response...I was wondering why I haven't been charged yet either???

I cancelled too.  I noticed that they hadn't charged me for February yet and, since I have no real interest in the products... yeah.  I'd rather spend that $21 on add-ons &/or secret store purchases on Julep or put it towards a tattoo or something.

Ahhh that picture is so, so cute.  I just made it my desktop background.  I hope my baby doesn't mind some stiff competition.  He better bring the cute. 

I have been charged, but my 3 month just ended and I signed up for the monthly subscription. The day I signed up for the monthly subscription was the day I got charged.

Latest posts

Back