Circular Swap Round 2 - Last chance box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can sympathize with the upkeep on hair color. I rocked a fruit punch red/pink color for 6 months and teal for a year! Now, I can only do "normal" shades due to my job. So I'm lame and have to stick to wearable natural shades lol. I think my last dye job has grown out enough and I'm about due to try a new shade of red. Silly, but I keep getting compliments because people think I did the ombre look lol.
Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh gosh your a champ if you did teal for a whole year!! I had a little strip of teal in mine and it faded to blonde after a week. My natural color is great because I don't have to bleach or damage my hair too much, but it's horrible to dye cause it fades so quickly. I'm dying to have that dark hair pale skin snow white look, but no matter what kind of dye I use or how dark I color it it's back to blonde in a couple weeks. Luckily the brand of pink stays in for a good 6 weeks and as it fades it's a pretty pastel color so I can't complain too much about upkeep. And ya I'm sort of the opposite of you...I've been working in office settings with strict dress codes since I was 16....I quit my job as an optometric technician a few years ago and went into business for myself doing animal care. That freed up the ability for me to go wild with my hair 
smile.gif

I miss having intense colors in my hair. I had to quit coloring cause my hair just got too damaged and as you know the colors are so much upkeep.
I actually had hair so blue I looked like a smurf the last time cause it got dyed too light. I also did Purple with magenta & black. Yeah I guess I got a little colors happy and did the stripes too. I'll have to post some pics when I find them.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh gosh your a champ if you did teal for a whole year!! I had a little strip of teal in mine and it faded to blonde after a week. My natural color is great because I don't have to bleach or damage my hair too much, but it's horrible to dye cause it fades so quickly. I'm dying to have that dark hair pale skin snow white look, but no matter what kind of dye I use or how dark I color it it's back to blonde in a couple weeks. Luckily the brand of pink stays in for a good 6 weeks and as it fades it's a pretty pastel color so I can't complain too much about upkeep. And ya I'm sort of the opposite of you...I've been working in office settings with strict dress codes since I was 16....I quit my job as an optometric technician a few years ago and went into business for myself doing animal care. That freed up the ability for me to go wild with my hair 
smile.gif
I really love the bright pops of color and wish I could do it again lol. Plus, I was always easy to spot in a crowd. But my hair is naturally dark brown/blackish and so of course I had to fry my hair with bleach to get to the color...the grow out was a pain in the petunia lol...plus the bleach brought out the yellow so bad in my skin tone, I looked like a jaundiced deathly ill person! I think because of the bleach, my fruit punch color came out pinker, but it was oh so gorge. It was expensive to maintain, with all the treatments and stuff, but I loved the results with all my wild hair dye forays! I pale out really well in the fall and winter, so the Snow White look takes no effort lol. 

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the Smurf blue color!! I stuck with the fruit punch and teal because I liked how it warmed up my skin tone a bit and those are personal faves of mine. I'm still able to incorporate them in my wardrobe, but I work in a hospital and while I can get away with nail polish and some makeup, the dye jobs would not fly. 
icon_cry.gif

I got the box!!! I will post pics of what I took out and what I am putting in on Sunday! I'm off camping for the weekend right now so I can't do it now! I'm sorry! But I will post the pics Sunday and will be sending the box to the next person on Monday :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the box!!! I will post pics of what I took out and what I am putting in on Sunday! I'm off camping for the weekend right now so I can't do it now! I'm sorry! But I will post the pics Sunday and will be sending the box to the next person on Monday :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The anticipation is going to kill me!!! 
bowl2.gif

I was going to put all of my samples in the box when it came to me but that would require a completely bigger box since mine already fill up a Beauty Army box. So if we do this again, I'll be m ore than happy to start the box next go round. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So here are the pics, top one is what I took out, bottom is what I put in. I hope it was fair! Since I took some larger items I tried to put back a good chunk more then what I took out :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't put everything I have because I'm hoping we can do this again and that's where the rest of my stuff will go(while I continue to get more thing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Everything is unused except for one of the nail polishes, the perfume(a little), and one of the liquid liners(the black one) but I cleaned the sponge tip to disinfect. 

Also, I'm shipping to the next person tomorrow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully you'll get it by mid week.

So here are the pics, top one is what I took out, bottom is what I put in. I hope it was fair! Since I took some larger items I tried to put back a good chunk more then what I took out :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't put everything I have because I'm hoping we can do this again and that's where the rest of my stuff will go(while I continue to get more thing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) Everything is unused except for one of the nail polishes, the perfume(a little), and one of the liquid liners(the black one) but I cleaned the sponge tip to disinfect.  Also, I'm shipping to the next person tomorrow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully you'll get it by mid week.
Yay thanks for posting pics!! Our box is moving so quickly! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay!! Pictures!!! Love them and ooo..that Secret Wonderland stuff smells soo good. My friend is a fiend for it lol. Way cool our box is moving along!

Originally Posted by miss6aby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no! I am a bit behind. How can I get involved in the traveling box??? or next round? please. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Next round and there should be a sign ups..Our box is already going. There was a separate box based on locations because there was soo many ladies interested . Playedinloops will open up a sign up thread!

Box was sent out to the next person!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay! It's on the move again! Thanks for the update. Have you had a chance to try any of your items ladies? If so, what are you liking and why?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! It's on the move again! Thanks for the update. Have you had a chance to try any of your items ladies? If so, what are you liking and why?
Love love love the polishes I got, I have swatches on my blog :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I love Pure Seduction(which I owned previously).

Whoa, never heard of a circular swap before, sounds like so much fun! I'd def be down to participate next time, I have so many unused goodies. Sorry to interrupt this chat lol, but got excited.

Love love love the polishes I got, I have swatches on my blog :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I love Pure Seduction(which I owned previously).
Pretty colors!! I checked your blog and love them all.. Nail colors are really cool. You can see someone and not know anything about them, then look at their nail color and have all kinds of qs lol.

Whoa, never heard of a circular swap before, sounds like so much fun! I'd def be down to participate next time, I have so many unused goodies. Sorry to interrupt this chat lol, but got excited.
Unfortunately you need to have at least 2 positive trader feedbacks before you cn be in the swap. Start trading!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> check out the Birchbox open trade thread. It isn't just Birchbox!

Unfortunately you need to have at least 2 positive trader feedbacks before you cn be in the swap. Start trading!!!
tongue.gif
check out the Birchbox open trade thread. It isn't just Birchbox!
I've traded several times, have 7 feedbacks (is it not showing). Is that what you're referring to?

Pretty colors!! I checked your blog and love them all.. Nail colors are really cool. You can see someone and not know anything about them, then look at their nail color and have all kinds of qs lol.
I know! If you saw my nails on a regular basis(and my makeup) you'd see how crazy I am :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love it.

Latest posts

Back