Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit that I am thinking seriously about unsubscribing for a while. R2 is an excellent addition, and if I didn't already have it, it would have totally made the box for me, but everything else I'm just indifferent toward and since I'll be giving R2 away, I think, "It this worth it?". I don't know... I'm am a bit over run with products at the moment, so I guess that's not helping. (I feel like Boxycharm's full and deluxe sized sample USP works for AND against it. For, because wow - so many products and only $21? Bargain. Against, because if you really don't like a product, and you have it in full size, what do you do? Give it away or toss it. Such a shame. Whereas little samples aren't such a loss, IYKWIM.)
I don't think that is a bad idea.  I actually cancel boxycharm every month and resub if the spoilers look good to me.  I do think they spoil the best items each month, so if those don't call to me, I let it go.  I've managed to skip a few that I really would not have gotten enough use from.

Hey! I was wondering what is currently in the Boxycharm rewards shop? Considering resubscribing.
FYI - despite all the pretty pictures, in reality more than half of the items are "out of stock". I got annoyed as you have to click on each individual item to find this out, & to further confuse things the items seem to be in a different order every time the page reloads (aka every time an item is clicked on to see if it's even available).I didn't check every item b/ c of the degree of hassle, but none of the modern minerals are in stock & only one of the four NCLA nail appliqués are in stock (the one I wasn't interested in...if course!)

I have no idea how often points items tend to become available again after running out but just thought I'd let you know that the pics of "available" items unfortunately don't tell the entire story.

Edit: all the out-of-stock items have been removed from the charm redemption page/ options:(.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wound up unsubbing yesterday. the charms shoppe is always a disappointment and the items just dont wow me anymore. I started to get sick of getting crappy lip pencils and eyeliner pencils. Last month, I got black eyeliner. I just wasn't wowed anymore.

My box came today, it had the Ofra mineral powder in Pink Sapphire (boo! way too much sparkle for someone my age!) and a double ended eyeliner in a green and brown (nice I like this!) as well as the expected Revealed palette, some coolway straightening lotion (I have curly hair I don't straighten as it looks ratty and thin without curl, boo!) and Harvey Prince Signature..which smells ok, but is way too floral for me to wear.

While I am happy about the eyepencil and the Revealed Palette, I am really disappointed by the other items. At least the 'big' thing I was excited for is worth the cost of the box, so I can't complain...

My ofra shimmer powder broke in shipping. The packaging is really cheap. I like the powder though. I can salvage it. I got the multi color one. The revealed is ok. It's hit or miss. Some are muddy or really powdery. I will try the hair lotion. The perfume is going up for swap. The model co lipgloss in marshmallow is up for swap. I'm thinking about canceling. I just think I need to spend my money on other things... We will see

I got my box today. I received the Ofra blush stripes and love it! That will definitely be the most used item in the box. The other variation item I got was the Model Co. shine ultra lipgloss in Fairy Floss, definitely not my color. Going to unload that and the Revealed Pallette as I don't wear eyeshadow. We'll see about the smoothing lotion...and I do like the Harvey prince perfume.

Deciding if I want to keep Boxycharm. Seems like the last few months, I've only liked 2 of 5 items in the box. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes not. $20 is still a great deal...when you don't get like 5 other sub boxes -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I received my box today and am happy.  I got the best variations for me.  I had been cancelled for a couple of months and resubscribed after the second spoiler for this month.  This months Boxycharm is probably my fave ever sub box yet.  I received:

• Ofra Stripes Blush - Haven't tried it yet but it looks gorgeous.  I like the other Ofra products I have.
  • Harvey Prince Hello Rollerball - Yes!  SO happy for this.  I love Harvey Prince Hello and am really glad I recieved this variation.  The notes in Signature don't really appeal to me.  I have had Hello before and like it.  Last time Boxycharm sent out Hello half my bottle had leaked out and they were unable to replace it.  Really glad to have received this.
  • Model Co. Lipgloss in Fairy Floss - I like the Model Co brand and this color is perfect for me.  I haven't worn gloss in a while but this one is tempting me.
  • Cool Way Smoothing Lotion - I have frizzy hair so this is perfect for me.
  • Coastal Scents Revealed 2 - This looks pretty.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet (or even the original Coastal Scents that Boxycharm sent out several months back) but I think it's great that Boxycharm sent this out to everyone.
Really happy with this box  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay, I could resist the subscription box addiction for only 10 months after I got my first Birchbox. Now I have two BBs, one Lip Monthly, one Escape Monthly, and I just subscribed for Boxycharm. What is next? Ipsy? Popsugar? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie here  :flowers:  
How do we get "charms"?
There is no shop to review products on the website.

How does the all charm system works?

I got the Ofra stripes blush - oh man that thing is so pretty! The packaging feels cheap, but the product is gorgeous, pigmented and smooth. Love.

I also totally love the Harvey Prince Signature. I don't find it floral at all. To me it smells really fresh and grassy which I really like.

I also love the revealed palette. I was going to buy it anyway, so I knew it would be great.

I'm going to trade the hair lotion and model co gloss. Not because they are bad, but because I have so much unused gloss and hair product, I'll never get to them.

I'm really pleased with my box this month!

I got the Ofra stripes blush - oh man that thing is so pretty! The packaging feels cheap, but the product is gorgeous, pigmented and smooth. Love.

I also totally love the Harvey Prince Signature. I don't find it floral at all. To me it smells really fresh and grassy which I really like.

I also love the revealed palette. I was going to buy it anyway, so I knew it would be great.

I'm going to trade the hair lotion and model co gloss. Not because they are bad, but because I have so much unused gloss and hair product, I'll never get to them.

I'm really pleased with my box this month!
I actually looked it up, because I really do like it in the bottle, but there is just something that smells off on my skin. It's the tuberose and patchouli. Those two notes almost always 'turn' on me.

I actually looked it up, because I really do like it in the bottle, but there is just something that smells off on my skin. It's the tuberose and patchouli. Those two notes almost always 'turn' on me.
I actually really dislike patchouli, so I was worried when I saw it listed.  Turns out I can't smell it at all.  It's pretty strange, usually it's an unmissable scent note.

Has anyone else not even rec'd shipping notice/ info yet? I've been a continual subscriber for several months - no stopping & starting that could be blamed for lateness - and no billing issues to speak of...both my bank account & the boxycharm site I was billed in the 4th. No address changes, etc.

Not sure how much it factors into the equation, but I live in NW Ohio. In the 3-4 months I've been a "charmer" I've always had my box by now, yet this month I haven't even rec'd my shipping notice/ tracking info email.

Since their site specifies shipment 5-10 days after billing I did shoot them a friendly email today to inquire....not to complain per se but rather just to inquire.

The only odd thing I can think if that could - though it shouldn't - slow my box down is that I'm supposed to be receiving a replacement lipsurgence crayon (per prior emails w/ CS...due to my receiving a damaged one last month.

Anyone else still w/out even their shipping/tracking info?

Newbie here :flowers:

How do we get "charms"?

There is no shop to review products on the website.

How does the all charm system works?
Welcome!

I've only been a "charmer" (as they like to say) since January myself but will try to at least point you in the right direction. Unless I'm still missing a hidden shortcut myself, to write reviews you actually have to go to the shop & find each individual product yourself. Definitely nothing that will win for convenience or ease-of-use, but not horrible once you get used to it. The products from the most recent boxes are usually listed first (& the previous month's next, & so on) which I find definitely helps. The advantage to this non-user-specific set-up (or, perhaps more accurately, lack there of) is that you can review - & receive charms for - items you have knowledge of/ experience with from somewhere other than your boxycharm. You can also receive points by pinning or sharing products on social media; there are little prompts by each sharing icon that tell you the exact # toward the top of each product page. Sometimes there is a bit of a delay in a given month's items appearing in the shop and, as such, being available for review, but there is no deadline by which you must do a review in order to receive points so this isn't really a problem.

You also receive 450 points every 3 months you are continuously subscribed, but it's a bit goofy in that this occurs 90 days after you initially subscribe rather than upon billing for your 3rd box; in practice this means that this bonus occurs closer to when you receive your fourth box than your third but it does occur nonetheless. Like with most subs you can also receive points for referrals subs.

As for what you can redeem your charms/ points for, it leaves a bit to be desired as there generally seem to be only 8-15 items available & the best goodies "sell out" fast. Most items appear to be from previous boxes & upon redemption your item(s) is included in your following month's box.

Hope this helps a bit. Additionally here's the link to their charm-specific FAQs: https://help.boxycharm.com/customer/portal/topics/693925-charms/articles.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

:)Melissa

P.S. I recall having trouble finding where to log on to the boxycharm site initially; it's quite odd but it's a tiny icon all the way @ the bottom, a bit right of center. Once you're logged on you see a menu w/ options for your charms, billing, account info, etc.

Welcome!

I've only been a "charmer" (as they like to say) since January myself but will try to at least point you in the right direction. Unless I'm still missing a hidden shortcut myself, to write reviews you actually have to go to the shop & find each individual product yourself. Definitely nothing that will win for convenience or ease-of-use, but not horrible once you get used to it. The products from the most recent boxes are usually listed first (& the previous month's next, & so on) which I find definitely helps. The advantage to this non-user-specific set-up (or, perhaps more accurately, lack there of) is that you can review - & receive charms for - items you have knowledge of/ experience with from somewhere other than your boxycharm. You can also receive points by pinning or sharing products on social media; there are little prompts by each sharing icon that tell you the exact # toward the top of each product page. Sometimes there is a bit of a delay in a given month's items appearing in the shop and, as such, being available for review, but there is no deadline by which you must do a review in order to receive points so this isn't really a problem.

You also receive 450 points every 3 months you are continuously subscribed, but it's a bit goofy in that this occurs 90 days after you initially subscribe rather than upon billing for your 3rd box; in practice this means that this bonus occurs closer to when you receive your fourth box than your third but it does occur nonetheless. Like with most subs you can also receive points for referrals subs.

As for what you can redeem your charms/ points for, it leaves a bit to be desired as there generally seem to be only 8-15 items available & the best goodies "sell out" fast. Most items appear to be from previous boxes & upon redemption your item(s) is included in your following month's box.

Hope this helps a bit. Additionally here's the link to their charm-specific FAQs: https://help.boxycharm.com/customer/portal/topics/693925-charms/articles.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

:)Melissa

P.S. I recall having trouble finding where to log on to the boxycharm site initially; it's quite odd but it's a tiny icon all the way @ the bottom, a bit right of center. Once you're logged on you see a menu w/ options for your charms, billing, account info, etc.
Thank you so much for your detailed response and help Melissa :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> These tips are definitely very helpful.

I'm sorry your box is late.

I haven't received my tracking# yet too, but it's because I just subscribed a week ago. So I can't complain. 

Boxycharm point system and the store options seem to be very primitive. At this rate of earning points (50*4*3+450=1050 points per 3 months), one can only get 2-3 items per year since most of the items are priced around 2000 and above.

Do you usually get a sneak peek into the next month's boxes beforehand to see if you are interested in the items? 

Thanks again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Take care,

BoxyCharm is pretty much my only sub left but I am waffling just because I'm getting too much stuff.  I did the sub/un-sub at one time but then they had a few really great boxes that waitlisted so now I'm gun shy about canceling.  I didn't get lip gloss this month (happy about that since I've got too much).  I got a Vincent whatever his name is double sided lip pen in a cool purple color.  I love that brand so even though I'm not big on coloring my lips, I'm happy.

Side note -- maybe y'all are too young for this but this is my first experience with Harvey Prince Hello and I swear it smells exactly like the Charlie White I wore in high school.  Not a bad thing - I like the scent - just makes me laugh because of the vastly different price points.

I got the Ofra stripes and love it.  So pretty and I used it as eyeshadow today.  It's still on 9 hours later!!  

The revealed is nice but I have Naked 3 so I'll sell or gift it.  Harvey Prince is nice..but not for me.  Coolway..ugh I don't like getting hair products.  (well I did like the Oribe shampoo from BB but that is way too expensive!) I got the Vincent Longo in the purple color too.  I'm just meh about that since I have so many others.  But for the price I think it's a good deal.  

How do you resubscribe once you cancelled your Boxycharm subscription? Do you just purchase a new subscription once you are logged into your existing account? 
When do you usually get sneak peeks into the next month's box?

Latest posts

Back