Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thrilled about the box this month! The spoilers look really nice! I have a question in hopes that someone will have an answer for me. Lol. So I just redeemed some charms in the shop for the Jing Ai blush but now I am worried it is going to be in the box this month and I'll have two lol does anyone know if Boxycharm puts items in the reward section that are going to be in the box for that month? Oh and there are some pretty great rewards in the shop right now! Go check it out =] thanks in advance for any help you can offer ladies! =]

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this box on IG Screenshot_2015-03-13-08-12-24.png

Nooooo the Oscar blandi has a mousse variation. I might use the dry shampoo but definitely not mousse. Fingers crossed for dry shampoo.

The eyeliner variations I have seen are brown or navy blue. I Hope to get brown.

The variations on IG seem to be mousse/orange polish/brown pencil and Dry shampoo/yellow polish and navy blue pencil. This is my first month, hope I get the second variation!!

I'm glad I didn't resub this month, the only thing I would use is the polish. It is such a pretty polish. I love all the variations. I'll wait for spoilers for next month. I have some charms I wanna spend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box had:

Oscar Blandi Mousse

Previse universal tonic

black Ofra eyeliner

Tarte lip pencil in charmed (pink)

LVX nail polish in Deco (coral/orangey pink)

I actually will use the mouse over dry shampoo, which I am currently overrun with for some reason, and love the color of the nail polish, although I just picked up a bottle of something else in a similar shade. I'm meh on the black eyeliner and pink lippie, although I will say that crayons are one of the only lip products I can wear consistently.

I'm always happy to receive Tarte products, but I'm a little bit over lip crayons. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Getting mousse in a box is a nice change! I hope I get that option over the dry shampoo.

I'm trying to think what else Boxycharm could include that would shake the boxes up a little, because I feel like after a while every beauty sub is much of a muchness.

Maybe:

• Eyeshadow primer
  • Brow product of some kind
  • Tweezers
  • Toner
  • Makeup Wipes (I always need more makeup wipes)
  • De-tangling spray
  • Eyelash primer
  • Brush cleaner
I don't know, what do you guys think? Maybe we can give them some ideas. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes! Makeup wipes would be awesome! 

As would nail polish remover wipes. I had a little packet of Butter Nail scrubber pads from a Sephora set that I used on vacation recently, and I thought that was the BEST idea for travel I've came across in a long while. I hate to travel with bottles of NP remover- it ALWAYS leaks and ruins something, but the little scrubby pad was just enough to take off the old, and it was tough enough to even get off the glitter.

I like the idea of some different types of products, but not all of the specific items listed...which just goes to show how tough it is to please everyone!

Getting a brow product concerns me b/c of the issue of diff shades/ colors. I'm fair w/ ash blonde hair so anything other than an ash blonde or light taupe shade is completely unusable for me. & while I suppose a clear gel would be OK in theory my brows are sparse so I don't really use that either. NOT implying that the box should be curated specifically for me but rather just using myself as an example re: why certain products are tough to include for all "charmers".

the thought of a toner makes me cringe b/c 99% of "toners" on the market are laden w/ alcohol - horrible for ALL skin types - &/ or witch hazel - good only for certain skin types in small amounts & harmful for many others. If it could be a quality toner that benefits/ adds something to skin rather than stripping/ taking away from it (like something from Paula's Choice) I'd be game but am just super skeptical that that would happen!

I would welcome any realm of quality skin care product that isn't full of fragrance or essential oils & useable for a wide breadth of skin types.

A nice translucent powder compact could be nice going into summer...even better would be one w/ an extra boost of SPF in it.

I like the idea of polish remover pads/ wipes. Agree that they are superb for travel.

Also agree that quality tweezers would be good.

I'd love a gentle (aka fragrance free!) yet truly effective eye makeup remover.

Maybe a good fast-dry top coat...even as a set w/ matching base coat? &/ or w/ a good nail treatment &/or portable cuticle oil too...

A self-tanner (for body), esp the more gradual kind...

A quality shaving lotion that I wouldn't splurge on for myself (like whish)....

Ok I need to stop!

I evidently have no shortage of ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
... Self tanners are more like "fits few" lol half the population couldn't use it because of skin color and then there's the people that could but wouldn't or don't want to. But I love all your other ideas! And there are universal brow pencils that seriously work for anyone that has brows darker than bleach blonde. Color depends on how hard you press it (IT cosmetics has one)

I love the idea of a translucent powder. Preferably pressed so I can carry it around in my hand bag. :drive:

Box came today!

I got the dry shampoo. So glad because I have no use for mousse.

Polish in deco (pink) I wanted mint and might try to swap for it.

The liner in green go. Not sure how to describe the color but I don't like it.

This box is kind of blah for me. I will try the tonic and I hope I like it.

I'm not sure if I should try the tarte tint or swap it.

no..I don't want the dry shampoo or mousse.  And no to yet another eyeliner. 

I'm hoping for a mint polish! But I like all polish so any color is fine.  lol

Latest posts

Back