Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the photo of the instagram spoiler!

10963761_628852107215616_2085318337_n.jpg

I may have already painted my nails with the hearts. I am so happy mine made it before the holiday. I also may have an entire bra/panty and pajama set that matches the pink and red hearts perfectly, so I am so happy with it. <3 <3 <3

I subscribed a few days ago because I'm interested in seeing how this compares to Birchbox and Glossybox. Just got an email that my box has shipped. Look forward to getting this!

I might be the only one, but i'm definitely not happy with this box at all. It just seems so...empty? Lackluster? idk.

It just reminds me WAY too much of ipsy when they do boxes that look like this. When we get full size Tarte products or a big coastal scents palette, I'm reminded of why I signed up for Boxycharm. But this month is just...eh. I'll use most of it, sure, but I'd rather use the $21 a month for a subscription I'll use more often. Not to mention- they haven't had anything new or interesting in the rewards section in awhile. I have quite a few charms saved up and there's NOTHING worthwhile to spend them on. Such a bummer.

Based on the spoiler above, not sure about the box although I'm interested in trying the nail polish. I'm still looking forward to getting my first box. I love opening boxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'll have to see if this is for me long term but at least for now I'm interested in trying it.

I am glad I cancelled. This is the first month since last summer that I really haven't been impressed with some of the content. I think I am just overloaded with "stuff" right now so I am being very picky with my boxes.

Looks good to me. I'll know for sure when I get the colors in real life. I'm hoping that corrector isn't as yellow as it looks. Otherwise, a lipstick, nail polish, concealer, make up brush and some skincare in the form of a face mask is a pretty balanced box. And most of this is stuff I haven't seen in any other sub :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not going to cut them loose, because the other items usually make up for it -- but I do wish they'd stop with the super bright lip crayons/bombshell sticks, etc.  I understand they send what they can get and there will be things I don't like on occasion but the super bright pink stuff over and over is why I dumped Ipsy. 

I'm not going to cut them loose, because the other items usually make up for it -- but I do wish they'd stop with the super bright lip crayons/bombshell sticks, etc.  I understand they send what they can get and there will be things I don't like on occasion but the super bright pink stuff over and over is why I dumped Ipsy. 
I know. I look like a total a-hole in brights. I wish they would at least have an option to choose whether we are more into neutrals or brights, and base our boxes off of that. At least I can work with a neutral. If I even try the bright stuff and don't like it, it becomes a waste. 

I got my box today the nail polish is super cute, wish they had put it in last month's box would have loved to wear it the week leading up to v-day.  Oh well love is never out of style right. The brush is nice always love getting some new tools.  The mask is super cute love the packaging not sure if I ll use it, I never seem to get the consistency right on those, i either neither put enough water or too much, it must be a science lol.  I got the pink boo lip crayon and its surprising not to bright.  Sadly my color corrector was broken off and smushed inside the top.  If it wasnt the most expensive item in the box I dunno if I d bother getting it replaced but aside from being a lot of the value in the box it was one of the items I was most curious about.  Is boxy charm good with replacing things?  Hope everyone is enjoying their goodies!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box today the nail polish is super cute, wish they had put it in last month's box would have loved to wear it the week leading up to v-day.  Oh well love is never out of style right. The brush is nice always love getting some new tools.  The mask is super cute love the packaging not sure if I ll use it, I never seem to get the consistency right on those, i either neither put enough water or too much, it must be a science lol.  I got the pink boo lip crayon and its surprising not to bright.  Sadly my color corrector was broken off and smushed inside the top.  If it wasnt the most expensive item in the box I dunno if I d bother getting it replaced but aside from being a lot of the value in the box it was one of the items I was most curious about.  Is boxy charm good with replacing things?  Hope everyone is enjoying their goodies!
Yes! Or at least they were when I was subscribed. I got a broken eyeshadow palette once and I emailed them and had a replacement within a week it was awesome :)

I want to know what people think of the corrector.  My box isn't here yet (I'm anxious! haha).

Is it good?  Cheap?  Does it work?  You know...  that kind of thing.

I want to know what people think of the corrector.  My box isn't here yet (I'm anxious! haha).

My thoughts, and for reference - my skin tone is super, super pale

For undereyes - um, nope.

For pimples - double nope. Did even less.

Crater nose pores - actually covered them up

Not worth the price, but if someone has big pores, it might cover them up. Didn't do much else for me. Color could be better, but it actually blends OK enough to wear under foundation

Not a HG product, but not totally worthless. Just nothing impressive. There are cheaper product that cover pores. XD

It's also super small, not much product in that tube. And the tube is weird. It isn't easy to apply. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I wasn't a fan of it, tbh. I felt like it was kind of cheap-feeling and didn't do anything under my eyes or for acne, which is what I'd be using it for. Kind of a bummer!

I'm not thrilled about this month's box tbh. I think the lip crayon is just a tad too bright for my taste and for a winter look. I love face masks, but I don't like that you have to mix it with water before using. I was so excited about the concealor, but this concealor isn't the best. I hate getting nail polish and have already given this one away. On the bright side, I love getting brushes in sub boxes. Just not a great month for me

I liked the polish but wish it would have come earlier.  :rolleyes:   I actually did like the lip crayon and brush was ok.  The mask...I'll give it a whirl.  And finally my concealer came broken.  I took a pic and sent it to them.  It was an ok box, worth the amount I spent. 

I'm in the minority but I actually like the concealer. Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen is my HG concealer which just melts into my skin. But this little concealer is a decent match to my skin tone and blended well enough for me with pretty good coverage. With that said, I'm a freckle face with no acne or blemishes to cover, I mostly only use concealer under my eyes, around my nose and on my chin…to hide dark circles and redness. 

And the item I like the least is the polish. It's actually really cute and my 3 year old daughter is freaking out over it but it's so goopy and way too difficult to actually get the little hearts out. Love the concept and how it looks, just really dislike the actual application. 

Latest posts

Back