Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I used the Tarte Maracuja on my pasty, pale skin last night (3-4 drops) and lo and behold this morning, I'll be damned if I didn't have a bit of a glow! It looked natural and warm, not at all orangy and Tan Momesque. I have never used a faux tanner of any kind, but am super happy I decided to give this one a try. 

Overall, this being my first Boxycharm, I dig it. I even like the tattoos, which would be great nail art.

So, I used the Tarte Maracuja on my pasty, pale skin last night (3-4 drops) and lo and behold this morning, I'll be damned if I didn't have a bit of a glow! It looked natural and warm, not at all orangy and Tan Momesque. I have never used a faux tanner of any kind, but am super happy I decided to give this one a try. 

Overall, this being my first Boxycharm, I dig it. I even like the tattoos, which would be great nail art.
I've been using it for several days, morning and night, but I don't see very much of a difference on my pasty skin. It's weird! I am still hoping for a natural glow, but I think the effects may be negated on me from all the Korea sleeping packs I use. I probably need to try hard to not use anything that might be "whitening" with it...

I'm wondering if the February box might include a shadow palette like Lorac's new "Unzipped Gold" palette. 

As I'm new to BoxyCharm, are they likely to include another palette so soon as they just had the Revealed palette in December? What do you guys think? How frequently do they "repeat" product types?

I'm wondering if the February box might include a shadow palette like Lorac's new "Unzipped Gold" palette. 

As I'm new to BoxyCharm, are they likely to include another palette so soon as they just had the Revealed palette in December? What do you guys think? How frequently do they "repeat" product types?
Whoa!!! That would be incredible. That is a really high valued palette so I am not sure if that would be in our boxes but you never know and one can wish. 

What is everyone hoping for in their Feb boxes?

I personally have a few things I would like right now:

Sheet masks - something from Missha or other Korean brands

Tools like brushes or eyelash curler

Make up remover - something high end

Nail polish base coats or top coats from higher end brands

A colored mascara - nothing crazy like neon green but something subtle that I can still pull off daily like navy or plum.

Lorac isn't on boxycharms brand list but they could always add them and I wish they would.

I hope for an illume candle, another tarina product, Lauren b beauty base coat or color polish, tarte palette or anything tarte really.

I would love love love a palette (maybe a contouring pallet, ehhhhh?), but I think the chances are slim. Other than that, I'd like to try:

• A powder eyeliner, a la L'oreal Smokissime.
  • A super hydrating dry skin treatment (I feel like my face is going to flake off any day now).
  • Colored mascara, since I'm too skeptical to actually buy one myself.
I'm open to anything,, I just want a spoiler already, though! 

I love the first spoiler for February, but it seems we almost always get our boxes after the 15th of the month. While I'll definitely still use it, it would have been nice to get it for valentines day.

Love that polish! But not enough to sub...

I would also love to get a cleanser or toner in the February box. I also always love getting face cleanser wipes, especially the La Fresh ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like the beauty blender soon. Fun fact: I got a beauty blender in my popsugar box forever ago and it came with the cleanser. I seriously thought it was meant to be used together to clean your face, HAHAHA! I put the cleanser on the blender and used it on my face and was like WTF, this thing is a POS and my face feels the same. Duhhhhhh :blink:

I would love that spoiler if it was coming BEFORE Valentines Day. Seems kind of pointless to put something like that in the box when they ship the so late in the month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not excited for the polish. But maybe once I have it I will like it more. i don't have anything like it so that's a plus.

That polish isn't something I would use. I'm thinking about canceling and may resub if I see something great.

I think the polish will be super cute for Valentine's Day, assuming it gets here in time! I'll put it over a pale pink or white polish so the hearts really pop.

I don't have anything else like that (all my other glitter polishes are legit glitter, like the Essie ones) but this could be fun!

How frequently do they share spoilers?

I loved the maracuja oil last month, thought the lipliner and primer were okay, and was not impressed by the lipgloss and tattoos.  I told myself that Boxy had to give me a really good box in February or I would cancel after this month.  I was pretty excited when I saw the nail polish spoiler because I thought it was really cute (even though I don't really wear nail polish all that much), so things were looking up, then I saw the Glossybox spoilers and they have a very similar nail polish going out in their box (the NCLA one in the Boxycharm looks to have multicolor hearts, no glitter, and the Julep one in Glossybox has pink hearts with glitter, but they're both nail polish with hearts!).  I definitely don't need two different bottles of nail polish with hearts, I don't think.  We'll see what else Boxycharm has to offer before making a final decision, but it's not looking good.  I'm spending way too much money on beauty box subscriptions, so I'm kind of hoping they will give me a bad month so my decision will be easy, you know?  I need to cut one box out.

Latest posts

Back