Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box today:

image-15-01-15-09-13.jpeg

I'm still not loving this months box.  I'm going to hang on to the Mirabella primer and think I might just throw away most of my other primers that I have had for a while and start new with this one.  I have't tried it yet, but I do love Mirabella lipsticks.  I'm hoping I'll be a fan of this too.

I haven't tried the lip liner yet but it looks decent.

Everything else I'm going to add to my trade list.

This box has a great value, it's just not quite for me.

I like to think I have a pretty open mind when it comes to subscription box contents, but the temporary tattoos? REALLY?

Looking at the box in its entirety, I think the lip liner is probably the item I'm favoring, but a nice one from Walgreens is like $1.99. So that's not a high value product. After that, the Tarte oil is the most intriguing. Everything else? Eh.

Here's hoping February's box is better.

Has anyone tried the Beauty for Real brand? I have not even heard of it. Wonder what it compares to...
I got a gloss before, and I liked it a lot...also got a mascara, but I don't think I ever tried it (I think I gave it away because I have a billion mascaras). Decent quality, it had a decent tint without being too opaque.

Supposedly the sticky feel goes away after a few minutes. I am curious about the fragrance though- apparently it's a mixture of floral and self-tanner scents (not exactly an appetizing combo).  I've never been brave enough to ever try a self-tanner on my face before but since this serum is supposed to give you subtle glow/color I'm hoping that this means it is also idiot proof. As long as the scent is not too overwhelming/repulsive I figure it is worth trying it out at least once. I'm really pale at the moment so I'm hoping a hint of color might help even out my skin tone a bit and make me look a little less tired.
So I got my box today.  I m so curious why boxes are putting temp. tattoos in for Jan.  I dunno I tend to equate that with Summer time or like spring break.  I tried the tarte oil and I m not a fan of the scent at all I also found it hard to spread across my face ... hope it doesn't end up streaky.  It says to wash hands immediately after using I m so curious how much color this stuff actually adds.

I got mine. The tarte I am not keeping. I also got liner, gloss, tattoos and primer. Not to bad but I don't use the tanning product.

If anyone does not want their maracuja please message me. I am willing to giveup the other 4 items for another.

So I got my box today.  I m so curious why boxes are putting temp. tattoos in for Jan.  I dunno I tend to equate that with Summer time or like spring break.  I tried the tarte oil and I m not a fan of the scent at all I also found it hard to spread across my face ... hope it doesn't end up streaky.  It says to wash hands immediately after using I m so curious how much color this stuff actually adds.
I also got my box today but didn't have a chance to open it up until late this evening. I guess I'll wait until after the sun comes up to check out the lip gloss, lip liner, and primer.  As for the temporary tattoos, is that what all the cool kids are doing now? Must confess though that my inner twelve year old self is itching to try them out this weekend. Yeah I must be regressing...

I couldn't resist trying out the tarte serum this evening though. I used the recommended 3 drops for my face and it seemed to spread onto my skin ok. I sort of spread and warmed it up on my fingers first before applying it to my face so maybe that helped with the application.  I've read that some people mix a few drops into their moisturizer and apply it that way instead of directly onto dry skin so I might try doing that as well.  It doesn't seem to be nearly as moisturizing by itself as the regular tarte maracuja oil though. I also dabbed a small amount onto the skin of my inner arm for easier before and after color comparisons. Anyway, here's hoping that I don't wake up to streaks or missed spots! :lol:

ETA: Forgot to mention that the scent of the serum is not as bad as I thought it would be but still not exactly pleasant either. Tolerable though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried the Tarte oil for two days now and haven't noticed a change yet.  Has anyone else been trying their oil?

I've only tried it out once so far and I think I woke up the next morning with just a hint of color. I'm very fair so maybe it is easier to notice a change on very pale skin? I'm planning on using it again tonight so hopefully I'll get a better idea of how much color it adds to my skin...

I'm anxious to hear more about how the Tarte oil works for everyone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is everyone getting the same colors of Beauty for Real lipstick/gloss?

No, I was wrong, my face is definitely darker now.  It finally showed up.  I need to just do my neck tonight.  I must not be applying enough to my neck or something because I see the difference.  Tonight I'm going to apply to just my neck and chest area to blend all together. 

I m curious what other people think about the serum.  I m very pale but I found it to leave way more than just a glow, its defining a tanning product on me (i don't think the statement boxy charm was making about it is accurate, at least for me it wasnt).  Sadly I m not going to keep using it I think since I m so pale it ll end up looking funny and I also think it made me break out a bit after 3 uses.  Sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .  Anyone like it, hate it, thoughts?

Just got mine today. The serum smells gross to me. No way I'm putting that on my face. I like the color of the lip cream, it feels like lipstick not gloss. Not a fan of the pencil or the primer. And the tattoos are a joke. Giving them to my 13 year old daughter.

I haven't been overly thrilled with Boxycharm lately, I am planning to cancel and will resub if I see some spoilers I amI interested in. Anyone know if my points will still be there when I re-sub?

I think that the serum is helping my skin.  My face looks healthier and clearer than before.  I've only used twice in a row then paused a day then I put it on again tonight.  I think I might continue using the serum, but maybe only 3 times a week and not daily.  The smell is not pleasant but I can handle it.  I really don't like the sticky feeling though and it doesn't go away.  I'm loving how better my skin is looking.

I wonder if mixing a few drops of the tarte oil with moisturizer will help lessen the tanner smell and the stickiness...? Mine is supposed to arrive in the mail today. I'll try it tonight.

Latest posts

Back