Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think my sub went through in time, but I just got my tracking # for my January box. Yay! I think I am going to like having box subs for the anticipation/excitement alone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
How has the Tarte been to those with sensitive skin? It looks intriguing, and I sure could use some color this time of year, but I've had bad luck with their mascara making my eyes itch, so I am a little afraid to try this and ruin its resale/trade value only to find it breaks me out in a horrid rash after one use..

I didn't think my sub went through in time, but I just got my tracking # for my January box. Yay! I think I am going to like having box subs for the anticipation/excitement alone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How has the Tarte been to those with sensitive skin? It looks intriguing, and I sure could use some color this time of year, but I've had bad luck with their mascara making my eyes itch, so I am a little afraid to try this and ruin its resale/trade value only to find it breaks me out in a horrid rash after one use..
Glad you ended up getting the box! I have uber-sensitive skin too (aka rash/ irritation/ redness sensitive as you seem to be referring to yourself, not breakout sensitive...I get a bit confused when some people label being breakout-prone as sensitive. Not that that's any more fun but it's a distinctly different issue, ya know?) & the bronzing serum hasn't bothered me a bit. Obviously we're all different so that's no guarantee but still thought I'd let you know. For what it's worth it's essentially a slightly tinted version of their Maracuja oil, so if you've tried that it feels the same going on.

I'm also super pale & even in me the "bronzing" effect is VERY minimal. Truly I can hardly tell a change in tint & I've been using it probably 10 of the last 12 evenings. That said it seems to perk my skin up a bit, make it a bit less flat/ dull/ pasty looking if that makes sense & since the oil is so good for my dry skin I'm overall a fan. I much prefer the subtlety over something crazy orange &/or dark making that I wouldn't be able to pull off.

Also, if you've never tried a tarte Maracuja oil the packaging is such that you can use the stopper to try a few drops w/ out touching anything but the outside of the cap so if it doesn't end up working for you it's still almost like new. It's in a box but not otherwise sealed, etc.

hope this helps (& hope it agrees w/ your skin!)

I'm actually a bit of both: acne-prone and rash-prone, and what will set either off in a product still seems totally random, with my skin tolerating quite a few things that are issues for some, and then freaking out at what others consider their holy grail for sensitive skin. When I find a product I like, I despair when the formula changes, esp. fragrance, because it could well mean the end of a decades-long love affair, lol

They released another sneak peek on Facebook!  Mullein and Sparrow Mini Face Mask, worth $15.  I'm pretty excited for it!  It's a powder you add water to to make the mask.  I haven't tried a mask like that before.  Anyone have any experience with this mask? 

They released another sneak peek on Facebook!  Mullein and Sparrow Mini Face Mask, worth $15.  I'm pretty excited for it!  It's a powder you add water to to make the mask.  I haven't tried a mask like that before.  Anyone have any experience with this mask? 
I love these types of masks. They're pretty fun. Basically just like a mask in a tube, except you mix it up yourself, which is always nifty.  But they make a huge mess since you need to mix them up. I would suggest using small disposable bathroom cup to do it in! 

I am excited for this month! :3

Grrr....would have been okay w/ the clay mask but I just looked it up & it has lavender oil in it. I LOVE lavender as a scent but have recently learned that in fact it is a horribly damaging product for skin, aka it actually causes significant irritation, damage, & even death to all skin cells...even if it feels fine when applied. Info based on actual research not just anecdotal, based on opinion, etc. here's the easy-to-read link & the scientific research info/ articles are referenced within it: http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/lavender-extract-and-oil

So no more lavender in skin care for me. So annoying that many companies don't actually care whether their products actually help or hurt!

I think this is a fun addition to the box!  So unusual and it seems so fancy, too.  Plus I'm totally keeping the glass jar (I mean, I hope it's glass, it looks like it) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think this is a fun addition to the box!  So unusual and it seems so fancy, too.  Plus I'm totally keeping the glass jar (I mean, I hope it's glass, it looks like it) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think it's super cute too! So far I'm pleased with the box- I still wish the nail polish would be here in time for a valentines day mani, but so far, so good!

And sneak peak number #3: Enhance your skin with Mistura Beauty Solutions C-2-P (Cream to Powder) Complexion Corrector! This universal corrector allows for a buildable coverage to instantly mute imperfections and can be used as a spot corrector and/or primer on all skin tones. Works flawlessly under your favorite finishing powder! Its velvety formula is enriched with coconut oil, shea butter, and Vitamins A, C and E, leaving your skin feeling ultra hydrated. Paraben free. Contains SPF 18. Tag a friend to spread the love!

Hmm, ok. So far I'm digging the spoilers. This could be a really good one for me!

Has anyone gotten shipping notification yet?  I ve been charged but haven't seen any movement yet.  I can't wait to get my hands on this box hope the 2 surprises are fun!  I love we get to know some of the contents but not all of them kinda builds the anticipation.

I am new to Makeuptalk so I hope I am posting this correctly.

Currently I am subscribed to Birchbox, Birchboxman for the boyfriend, and I was subscribed to Ipsy. I wasn't too happy with Ipsy so I canceled. My BB subscriptions total $30/month.

I am interested in Boxycharm. I really like that you get bigger items and I feel like I will use most of the items I'd get - I've been looking up past boxes for the past few days lol - but it's hard for me to justify $21 for a subscription box.

That'd be $50/month on subbie services which is hard for me to justify. I could rearrange my monthly budget a bit. Due to subbie boxes I don't spend hardly as much as I used to on makeup. So maybe it's worth it.

What are your thoughts? Is Boxycharm worth it? It's easy to toss $10-$15 on sub boxes but the $21 price tag just is a bit much. I can afford it if I really want to. I'm just wary. What are your thoughts on Boxycharm?

It has one thing being both a positive and negative for me and that's that it's not one of the more well-known boxes like Ipsy or Birchbox. Anyway, if anyone could share their thoughts on Boxycharm I would really appreciate it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Currently I am subscribed to Birchbox, Birchboxman for the boyfriend, and I was subscribed to Ipsy. I wasn't too happy with Ipsy so I canceled. My BB subscriptions total $30/month.

I am interested in Boxycharm. I really like that you get bigger items and I feel like I will use most of the items I'd get - I've been looking up past boxes for the past few days lol - but it's hard for me to justify $21 for a subscription box.

That'd be $50/month on subbie services which is hard for me to justify. I could rearrange my monthly budget a bit. Due to subbie boxes I don't spend hardly as much as I used to on makeup. So maybe it's worth it.

What are your thoughts? Is Boxycharm worth it? It's easy to toss $10-$15 on sub boxes but the $21 price tag just is a bit much. I can afford it if I really want to. I'm just wary. What are your thoughts on Boxycharm?

It has one thing being both a positive and negative for me and that's that it's not one of the more well-known boxes like Ipsy or Birchbox. Anyway, if anyone could share their thoughts on Boxycharm I would really appreciate it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally understand where you're coming from.  I started with Ipsy and then eventually subscribed to Blush Mystery, Glossybox, Boxycharm and then, due to a great Groupon/LS deal, I bought a 1 year subscription to Birchbox.  I dropped Ipsy and Blush Mystery.  I think the value of Boxycharm is really there  Yes, it's $10 more a month than Ipsy but the items are higher end and mostly full size - it way out-values the $21.  After trying so many subs I am going to let my Birchbox run out (I have only had 1 month I was pleased with - this month because I am getting the BeauyBlender) and am keeping Glossybox and Boxycharm.  They are consistently good and I use the products - it's not just a bunch of tiny samples.  I actually caved and re-subbed to Ipsy this week, too.  Check out mysubsciptionaddiction.com and look through past Boxycharm boxes.  It may help you decide if they have the kind of items that justify the $21 price for you. Good luck! 

Hooray my boxy charm shipped!!  Hope everyone gets their boxes super fast this month and loves the contents!!

@@EmilyMarie Well, that's easy!  Unsubscribe to BirchboxMan and get a Boxycharm instead for a few months.  Then unsubscribe to Boxycharm and sign up for BBM again or try Glossybox for a few months.

It's super easy and fun to subscribe and unsubscribe because then you get a real variety.  And your boyfriend won't care if he misses a box for a couple months because he'll know you're happy with the new stuff you are getting :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subscribed!!!!!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am beyond excited. One thing I already love is you can subscribe in February and still get February's box. That's fantastic, IMO. But I have a quick question...

Okay so on their FB they've posted I believe 3 spoilers. But on their site it says we get 4-5 items. So do they only show a few spoilers and the rest of the items are a surprise? If someone can let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

I played around with my budget. I spend way too much on little things here and there that add up. So instead of buying little things at random, I will spend a certain ammount each month on sub boxes and I feel like that'll help me cut down on extra spending. And it already has. Anyway if someone could answer my question I'd so much appreciate it  :rolleyes:

I subscribed!!!!!!!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am beyond excited. One thing I already love is you can subscribe in February and still get February's box. That's fantastic, IMO. But I have a quick question...

Okay so on their FB they've posted I believe 3 spoilers. But on their site it says we get 4-5 items. So do they only show a few spoilers and the rest of the items are a surprise? If someone can let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

I played around with my budget. I spend way too much on little things here and there that add up. So instead of buying little things at random, I will spend a certain ammount each month on sub boxes and I feel like that'll help me cut down on extra spending. And it already has. Anyway if someone could answer my question I'd so much appreciate it  :rolleyes:
Only 3 spoilers, do you gotta wait until someone gets the box for the rest!

I found what appears to be the first instagram picture of a full February boxycharm!  Besides the three spoilers they gave us (the Mistura complexion thing, the NCLA heart topcoat, and the power facial mask), there is also a Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in what appears to be the shade Pink Star (worth $22) and what appears to be some sort of eyeshadow brush, not sure of the brand or the value.  The handle for it is white, though.  I can see the card in the box, but I'm not able to read it because of the angle and the size of the print.  

Latest posts

Back