Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know what people think of the corrector.  My box isn't here yet (I'm anxious! haha).

Is it good?  Cheap?  Does it work?  You know...  that kind of thing.
I actually really like the corrector - however - it came totally annihilated in the box. It was broken in half, smeared all over, destroyed. I emailed Boxycharm yesterday, so far no response :-( I used my finger to test it out today, though and I found that it blended really well! I used it for my under eyes, some ruddiness on my cheeks, a few red spots, etc. and I found that I only had to add a little extra concealer on only my toughest zits. 

I actually really like the corrector - however - it came totally annihilated in the box. It was broken in half, smeared all over, destroyed. I emailed Boxycharm yesterday, so far no response :-( I used my finger to test it out today, though and I found that it blended really well! I used it for my under eyes, some ruddiness on my cheeks, a few red spots, etc. and I found that I only had to add a little extra concealer on only my toughest zits. 
Mine came like that too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I haven't heard anything back from them either.  It seems like a lot of people had this problem I hope can replace them I really wanted to try it.

Mine didnt come broken but broke clean off its base the first time I used it. It's just a POS product i think.

So I got a response about the damaged item and they are not replacing it, they did give me "charms" but honestly I really wanted to try this product and I almost never redeem those things. Oh well. 

Here is there response: 

We are so sorry to hear that your Mistura Beauty C2P Corrector arrived damaged! Please know that we have contacted Mistura and their manufacturing partner to inform them of the packaging defect. In an effort to prevent you from receiving another damaged Corrector, we have awarded 2,000 Charms for you to redeem any product(s) of your choice from our Reward Shop.

Did anyone else receive a response?

I hope this means they won't be working with Mistura again.  No one wants crappy products.

I'm guessing the fact that Boxy isn't replacing it means Mistura won't give them the product to replace it with which makes Mistura even more awful in my eyes.

Mine did not arrive damaged but it's a pretty meh product in poor packaging.

I just got mine.The mistura was fine in my box but wrong shade for me. I'm looking forward to trying the lip crayon and the mask. The brush is nice too. The nail polish I'll probably give to my daughter. This is my first box and I think the box is cute. Not quite like Glossybox or Birchbox but still nice.

Another newbie question lol but I was wondering how the point system works. I know on Birchbox you can review your items pretty much as soon as your box has shipped. Is there a special link to review your Boxy Charm items for the month? How exactly does that work? 

I hope this means they won't be working with Mistura again.  No one wants crappy products.

I'm guessing the fact that Boxy isn't replacing it means Mistura won't give them the product to replace it with which makes Mistura even more awful in my eyes.

Mine did not arrive damaged but it's a pretty meh product in poor packaging.
So, I was pretty miffed about the whole Mistura thing, since I had been wanting to try them for a bit. My corrector came completely destroyed and Boxycharm gave me points, yes. But, I felt like Mistura should have owned up and replaced the damaged goods. So I posted on their Facebook regarding the incident and we shall see what comes of it.  

Another newbie question lol but I was wondering how the point system works. I know on Birchbox you can review your items pretty much as soon as your box has shipped. Is there a special link to review your Boxy Charm items for the month? How exactly does that work?
I just always click on the review tab and then click On the products that I want to review

So, I was pretty miffed about the whole Mistura thing, since I had been wanting to try them for a bit. My corrector came completely destroyed and Boxycharm gave me points, yes. But, I felt like Mistura should have owned up and replaced the damaged goods. So I posted on their Facebook regarding the incident and we shall see what comes of it.  
I decided to cancel after the Mistura thing.  I didn't like some of the emails I got from them and personally I know I never redeem those charm things so thats a pretty useless trade off for me.  Oh well.

I decided to cancel after the Mistura thing.  I didn't like some of the emails I got from them and personally I know I never redeem those charm things so thats a pretty useless trade off for me.  Oh well.
I agree! My thing is, the corrector was (supposedly) a $37 product. None of the items in the shop are even close to the same value. I think they handled this whole thing the wrong way and ticked off a lot of subscribers. I do understand that it isn't Boxycharm's fault the correctors were broken, but at least make us feel like you are truly sorry and do more for us than give us 2,000 "charms", especially when the items in their shop aren't the greatest. Rant over. Lol. 

This was the response I got from MIstura: 

Mistura Beauty Solutionshttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Mistura-Beauty-Solutions/104371881957 Hi Kristin. Thank you so much for having taken the time to write to us. We are absolutely devastated by the breakage we have experienced with our Boxycharm shipments. It appears that the customized component that we used for this campaign did not hold up to the drastic temperatures between NYC and FLA. The product was frozen and then heated during shipment which caused this breakage. Boxycharm has asked to refer all customer concerns to them directly so they can handle it internally. From our end, we can only recommend that you switch the concealer to a different container and use it normally. The product will still perform perfectly despite having broken in the tubing.
We are so very sorry for the inconvenience Kristin. This was an unfortunate sequence of events that we have certainly learned from. We need to exercise more caution when shipping during such cold temperatures. Thank you again xo.

I don't know how I feel about this.

This was the response I got from MIstura: 

Mistura Beauty Solutions Hi Kristin. Thank you so much for having taken the time to write to us. We are absolutely devastated by the breakage we have experienced with our Boxycharm shipments. It appears that the customized component that we used for this campaign did not hold up to the drastic temperatures between NYC and FLA. The product was frozen and then heated during shipment which caused this breakage. Boxycharm has asked to refer all customer concerns to them directly so they can handle it internally. From our end, we can only recommend that you switch the concealer to a different container and use it normally. The product will still perform perfectly despite having broken in the tubing.We are so very sorry for the inconvenience Kristin. This was an unfortunate sequence of events that we have certainly learned from. We need to exercise more caution when shipping during such cold temperatures. Thank you again xo.

I don't know how I feel about this.
That's BS.

I would e-mail them back and tell them that Boxycharm would not replace the item and only offered you a few referral credits which equal no-where-near the value of the product. Also throw in there that you were interested in trying their products, but by the way the companies are handling it- you're no longer interested.

Seriously when there was that huge issue with the Pop Beauty lipglosses that had a weird smell to them in the Ipsy bags, not only did Ipsy send new, sample sized replacements, but Pop Beauty allowed me to choose a free full sized one in the shade of my choice. Granted that entire situation wasn't handled perfectly either, but at least it was much better than this situation. Unbelievable. 

I agree! My thing is, the corrector was (supposedly) a $37 product. None of the items in the shop are even close to the same value. I think they handled this whole thing the wrong way and ticked off a lot of subscribers. I do understand that it isn't Boxycharm's fault the correctors were broken, but at least make us feel like you are truly sorry and do more for us than give us 2,000 "charms", especially when the items in their shop aren't the greatest. Rant over. Lol. 
I just got this in an email from them Originally, we were only able to offer you 2,000 Charms for your damaged item. But we have some great news! We have added an additional 1,000 Charms to your account and they should be posted within the next 3-5 business days.... ummm did you read the e-mail I sent you can give me 100,000 charms I don't want them!  Glad I cancelled, there are enough things in life to get annoyed/frustrated over a sub box isn't going to be one of them for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw that the March box is called Lucky Charm.  That's all I know, but it makes me think there might be something green in there.  

first spoiler up

https://www.facebook.com/Boxycharm/photos/a.262186367259116.1073741825.245615922249494/611829505628132/?type=1

#1: Hydrate your skin plus fight free radicals and surface irritants with Previse's Nutrify Skin Tonic, a $48.00 value! This bio-healthy, oil-free tonic was crafted with professional makeup artists to reveal a healthy, fresh, and even complexion. Use daily for supreme nourishment and a luminous appearance. Like if you are ready for radiant results! 

#BoxyLuck #LuckyPrevise 

I was gonna cancel, but this spoiler is exciting~

first spoiler up

https://www.facebook.com/Boxycharm/photos/a.262186367259116.1073741825.245615922249494/611829505628132/?type=1

#1: Hydrate your skin plus fight free radicals and surface irritants with Previse's Nutrify Skin Tonic, a $48.00 value! This bio-healthy, oil-free tonic was crafted with professional makeup artists to reveal a healthy, fresh, and even complexion. Use daily for supreme nourishment and a luminous appearance. Like if you are ready for radiant results! 

#BoxyLuck #LuckyPrevise 

I was gonna cancel, but this spoiler is exciting~
Thanks for finding the spoiler!  Well I'm in!

https://www.previsecare.com/shop/nutrify/step-2-nutrify-skin-type-1-6-universal-tonic/

Nutrify Liposomal Tonic 1-6  is our latest bio-healthy innovation to help hydrate skin plus fight free radicals and surface irritants. The bio-heathly tonic was crafted with Professional Makeup Artists for exceptional performance. The dual benefit, mattifying hydrator helps scavenge free radicals PLUS acts as a key, light-weight barrier to makeup that may contain parabens, triclosan and other skin irritating ingredients

Medical:

Patients receiving Botox, laser and other medical treatments respond well to Universal Nutrify 1-6. As a chilled application, Nutrify should help minimize swelling and some redness while speeding the healing process..

Last edited by a moderator:
new sneak peek should be up tonight... the photo kinda looks like one of those beauty blenders on a stick but we wont know for a bit longer!

Latest posts

Back