Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ship weight is .6944 pounds so maybe with the .77 you are getting the bonuses.

I don't mind variety in the boxes if it really is just random selected people who get extras based on what Boxycharm was able to get. I do mind when bloggers, and only bloggers, get the much better boxes. Even though I don't love it, I can understand why bloggers a lot of times get their boxes before everyone else - it's advertising and the companies want you to have time to order the box based on the bloggers reviews. However, sending premium boxes to only bloggers is misleading and a bait and switch for the actual subscribers who see the blogger version and subscribe based on it.

Is it that some of us will not get as many products as others or will some just get products other than those three shown in the spoiler?  I am ok with getting different products, but not alright with getting fewer products.  It would sort of stink to get a 3 item box when others get a 5 item box. 

My box is .683 lbs. and has been stuck in FL since the 11th.  I swear:  Florida has the worst mail system in the country!

Is it that some of us will not get as many products as others or will some just get products other than those three shown in the spoiler?  I am ok with getting different products, but not alright with getting fewer products.  It would sort of stink to get a 3 item box when others get a 5 item box. 
Beauty boxes always send the same number of products to everyone.  Boxy is a 5 item box and you should get 5 items,  It sounds to me that they are switching things up and handing out different products.  

Mine is arriving weds.  This video shows the other 2 items you may get.  The nail polish comes in other colors also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauty boxes always send the same number of products to everyone.  Boxy is a 5 item box and you should get 5 items,  It sounds to me that they are switching things up and handing out different products.  

Mine is arriving weds.  This video shows the other 2 items you may get.  The nail polish comes in other colors also.

I got exactly the same items in the video, I'm trying to cancel my Boxycharm. I can't figure out how to do it on their new website and emailed them so hopefully they respond. I just got the highlighting cream in the So Susan Lip Love bag, already swapped it. Boxycharm has consistently been going downhill for me, I hated last month's box and this one was another waste I don't like anything in it. I hate the nude nail polish color and the lip color is too nude for me. Plus I don't like how they could be such a big difference in the items people receive. 

Just wanted to drop by and tell you guys, my box was .77 and it had 5 items.

The Mask, Brush, Lipstick, Highlighting cream and Nail polish.

Mine is 0.687 and I REALLY wanted that Oscar Blandi (naturally I thought they were teasing us with the last spoiler and I thought were getting all of that stuff), but no.  I'm willing to bet that Oscar Blandi stuff is pretty heavy.

Just wanted to drop by and tell you guys, my box was .77 and it had 5 items.

The Mask, Brush, Lipstick, Highlighting cream and Nail polish.
Yep, this is my box also.

IF that is a full size of highlighting cream, I wonder why it's so " special"? Teeny tube I almost missed in the shredded paper.

My lipstick is a pretty color but the nail polish is beige. I won't use beige nail polish. 

Plus, I remember when Little Black Bag used to give us " free extras" of both Cargo eye shadow and NcLA nail polish. 

I'm wondering if someone new now owns BoxyCharm. I don't like my box at all, and this is the first time.

Also, if they think that box has a theme, " Sea La Vie", then they're delusional. LOL.

Yep, this is my box also.

IF that is a full size of highlighting cream, I wonder why it's so " special"? Teeny tube I almost missed in the shredded paper.

My lipstick is a pretty color but the nail polish is beige. I won't use beige nail polish. 

Plus, I remember when Little Black Bag used to give us " free extras" of both Cargo eye shadow and NcLA nail polish. 

I'm wondering if someone new now owns BoxyCharm. I don't like my box at all, and this is the first time.

Also, if they think that box has a theme, " Sea La Vie", then they're delusional. LOL.

my lipstick is ugly, not even gonna swatch it. It smells funky, it's glittery and says it's sheer (not into that at all). It's a weird coral color but like beige coral .. I would wear it but without the glitter and if it were matte and opaque.

edit: yea what is up .. that theme made no sense lol

Hopefully this isn't a new trend for Boxycharm.  Show us three terrific spoilers and then send most of us different stuff (Yes, I'm looking at you Ipsy).  I got the same box as the video.  I like the weird beige/gray nail polish and my lipstick is a pretty wine color, but the highlighting cream isn't impressing me with how tiny it is for full size. 

5 items.
Always love brushes.
I love highlighting cream too. A little goes a long way so it's Okay it's small.
Nail polish - not loving the nude but maybe it will surprise me.
Hoping the mask is good. Love skin products.
Cargo eye shadow is a yellow color I will never use so I'll give it away.
I guess technically the brush alone gets me my money's worth but still not in love with this month.

UPDATE:  I actually like the nude color of the polish but remember why I don't really like NCLA.  Their stuff takes way too many coats.  I can put on a Butter London or most all Lauren B's - one coat in a hurry and it looks good.  The NCLA will have streaks, etc. which is fine when you have time but if you want a quick look, not so good.

The highlighter is a bit thick.  I like the Borghese one I got in SampleSociety's mystery box batch better.  I thought it looked good but when I left the house and was in natural light I saw it didn't blend very well at all.  

UPDATE:  I actually like the nude color of the polish but remember why I don't really like NCLA.  Their stuff takes way too many coats.  I can put on a Butter London or most all Lauren B's - one coat in a hurry and it looks good.  The NCLA will have streaks, etc. which is fine when you have time but if you want a quick look, not so good.
I like the polish color also and have it on right now,  It reminds me of OPI which is my fav polish. You can actually get away with only 2 coats.  But I added a 3rd the next day and afterwards realized that I may prefer just two ( now that I have tried the 3rd).  

I always wear multiple coats, and this polish dries well and fast just like OPI.  You can do 2 coats pretty close and not worry about sleeping and waking up to waffle imprints from your sheets,

Has anyone tried the face mask yet? I haven't had time because I'm on my long weekend shift for work, but it seems intriguing. I think I might just like the color though. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back