Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arrggg I haaaate to be a downer but BAB and lashes totally ruin it for me.

The other 3 items I'm super excited about though, so it kind of evens it all out.

I have so many issues with BaB and their ridiculously over-priced products. It's drugstore quality makeup sold at MAC prices and I just can't get behind a company that does that. 

I'm not too big of a fan of BAB, but I have to admit, people's overwhelmingly negative repsponse to BAB definitely made me jump to conclusion and further more talk negative about the brand... I soon realized that it was people just being really dramatic about the brand. It has hits and misses just like many other brands, but it's not horrible! Don't stump brands before you try them!

I'm pretty excited about the lashes though!
The thing with me, as I posted above, is not that the quality of the products is bad, but they're one of those companies that rub me the wrong way. The ingredients list in many of their products is painful to look at sometimes, and the retail price of the products is outlandish for the quality. The packaging looks and feels cheap, the ingredients are cheap etc. If they were charging $8 instead of $14 for an eyeshadow, I would have a lot less of an issue with them. It's why I like Coastal Scents- they don't have the best quality makeup in the world, but their prices are right for what they're offering. My dislike for the BaB company goes beyond the quality of their products, and more into their practices. 

The thing with me, as I posted above, is not that the quality of the products is bad, but they're one of those companies that rub me the wrong way. The ingredients list in many of their products is painful to look at sometimes, and the retail price of the products is outlandish for the quality. The packaging looks and feels cheap, the ingredients are cheap etc. If they were charging $8 instead of $14 for an eyeshadow, I would have a lot less of an issue with them. It's why I like Coastal Scents- they don't have the best quality makeup in the world, but their prices are right for what they're offering. My dislike for the BaB company goes beyond the quality of their products, and more into their practices.
I understand and agree! I'm sort of okay with their prices simply because I get them in sub boxes so I'm not really paying the price of the item. And I too have questioned their ingredients (mascara in ipsy in June?), but I love coastal scents and they use the same ingredients often, they are just cheaper. So it's the same quality but people seem to rave about coastal scents and bash BAB.

I understand and agree! I'm sort of okay with their prices simply because I get them in sub boxes so I'm not really paying the price of the item. And I too have questioned their ingredients (mascara in ipsy in June?), but I love coastal scents and they use the same ingredients often, they are just cheaper. So it's the same quality but people seem to rave about coastal scents and bash BAB.
I agree- and I think it does have a lot to do with the pricing. I know what I'm getting into when I buy a $2 shadow pan from Coastal Scents. Not the best ingredients, but they work well and hey- $2! When I see pretty much the same shadow pan just placed in a cheap plastic MAC-knockoff case for $14, I get a little miffed.

I don't understand people knocking the product itself, really, but I guess it depends on what you have tried from them. I haven't been happy with anything I've received from them outside of a shadow quad I got from Ipsy awhile back. The last lip crayon I got was pretty for about an hour...then I noticed it had completely worn off my lips and left a colored ring around them like lip liner lol...not so pretty.

I think a person's feelings about BAB are very influenced by which products they have tried.  I have received their One Stick in two different colors - both horrible.  They were grainy and dry. 

Lip Crayons - not horrible going on, but had no staying power and tended to wander off my lips

Mascara - one hot mess

Eye base - nice, but it does crease

Eye Shadow - this I liked.

I think a person's feelings about BAB are very influenced by which products they have tried.
I agree.

I'm with you on the one stick, the mascara, and the eye shadow, which are the only things I've tried from BaB.

I'm not going to re-sign up just to get this box, though.  I bought the palette directly from Coastal Scents on Black Friday for $10, I'm overloaded with brushes right now, and I hate, hate, hate fake eyelashes.

I'm so disappointed with Boxycharm's customer service.  It took them almost a week to respond to my account inquiry.  I asked why I didn't get a November box and what I needed to do in order to update my account. 

Anyway. . .the credit card I had on file was closed due to fraud (again. . .while I'm not totally sure it was because of their website, that box was the only thing I'd been using the card for).  I suppose I should have gone in to update my account, but figured I'd be getting an email alert.  Plus I wasn't sure if I even wanted to resub after the fraud issue.     

Their response was pretty canned and said they don't have any way to alert subscribers about account/billing issues.  They basically closed my subscription and said I had to resubscribe.  Also they said I wouldn't get the November box and they didn't make any promises about getting the December box.  What a turn off.  I got the impression that Boxycharm has so many subscribers now, they aren't that interested in doing a whole to keep their current customers happy.  

I hope this post doesn't sound negative or whiny. I'm just really disappointed in their billing processes and lack of interest in trying to resolve my situation.  I think the box is a good value and I really want it, but I'm going to just keep my account closed and use the money for something else. 

The fact they're now adding in Be A Bombshell products makes it even easier for me to walk away.   

I had canceled, but resubbed after the spoilers because I wanted the revealed palette and the travel brush. I have a friend who is false eyelash obsessed who will love her Christmas gift =)  So not excited for the BaB, no matter what color it is, and I think I will cancel again after this. Hope that brush is nice, but either way won't be too sad because of the palette and the gift options on the eyelashes.  But I wouldn't use mink lashes myself, so if I didn't have a bestie who loves them I think i'd be sad. 

I'm trying to figure out if I should contact someone yet. The Dhl tracking and USPS tracking both say it was delivered Sunday. I'm guessing someone accidently scanned it wrong when it got into the post office on Sunday but it didn't come today either. I'm giving it until tomorrow. I'm so excited for the palette I want it now. I'm glad it was accidently scanned on a Sunday because now I have proof it wasn't really delivered.

Still no tracking for me.. I was charged on Dec 3... so this is really annoying and making me uncomfortable, it's only my second month with them and I don't like this already :/

Still no tracking for me.. I was charged on Dec 3... so this is really annoying and making me uncomfortable, it's only my second month with them and I don't like this already :/
Same here... 2nd month, & no tracking ugh! :angry:

Latest posts

Back