Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm.  I'll have to wait and see when I have it in my hands.  I do like Bella Pierre and my HG blush is by them.  But loose eyeshadows aren't my favorite and I wasn't fond of the Mica Beauty one I got in my Ipsy bag last month.  The pigment was nonexistent.  Looked great in the container, though.

Other than that, I want to try the hair chalk and anything I know I wont use will become stocking stuffers.  Thats the best part about this time of year and getting a lot of sub boxes for me. No need to make a special trip for stuffing stockings!

Ugh this box is a hot mess for me. I'm giving them one more month and if they don't impress me in December, I'm done. I've been cancelling boxes left and right because I've lost patience for sub par boxes at this rate. There are a few companies that do it RIGHT for their price point, and Boxycharm seemed like the one to beat for the $20 range, but last month was 50/50 for me, and this month is truly a hot mess. I won't use any of it, except for the blush. I hate being a complainer but I feel like it looks like an Ipsy bag, which is half the price.

I think the other product is a MICA eye primer which retails for 44.95. I've heard good things about it!
If the other itsm is a mica eye primer the box would be worth it to me as far as personal value vs what i paid out. I love blush so the ofra is a wina.. i have 3 little girl who will absolutely love the hair chalk stuff no matter what color i receive and I'd be very happy with a good eye primer.

Can't wait to get my box.  Excited for the blush and the Mica primer, the bella Pierre the most.  It says Nov. 20th delivery.  I can't wait til Thursday, hopefully it will be here sooner.

Just got my box. Another black eyeliner and my third glitter eyeliner this month. Third shimmer / highlighter in the past fwe weeks... Any my hair chalk? Purple. Come on BoxyCharm, I'm not 11. Ugh so over this sub, I'm out

I just did something I never though I would do... I cancelled *gasp!*

It had nothing to do with what they were sending or customer service issues, though.  My husband told me I needed to cut back because I have makeup and products everywhere... They're strewn out across our double vanity in the bathroom, the cabinets are full, both of my my makeup boxes are loaded down, the window sill is starting to catch the items I don't use, etc.  Needless to say, people's stockings will be cram-packed this year with all the product I have laying about.

However, he has agreed to buy me a vanity for the bedroom so I can get ready infront of it from now on... THERE'S ALWAYS A SILVER LINING!  In the meantime I'm supposed to go get a plastic drawer-thingy and organize what I can and get rid of what won't get used.

Anyway, hopefully once I cull out my tremendous collection I'll feel compelled resub.  This was always one I was looking forward to! 

I got my box today! (Also, hello, first time ever posting here, yay!) The more I look at and swatch the blush, the more I like it. The shimmer in it is pretty subtle, but I feel like it really makes the color something different, rather than just another midtone pink. I really like the gold Colorbug that I got. It's pretty subtle on my hair (deep brunette), but it'll be so pretty for the holidays. Plus, I can always just rub it all ove my dog and make her shimmery, ha.

The Mica primer seems really nice, but that will be going to a friend, bucase I have enough eye primer to last me through the apocalypse. Seriously. I got the black Tarina eyeliner, while I would have rather gotten the white, and the BellaPierre shimmer in white. I'm hoping to trade both of these, or at least the eyeliner.

I got my box today! (Also, hello, first time ever posting here, yay!) The more I look at and swatch the blush, the more I like it. The shimmer in it is pretty subtle, but I feel like it really makes the color something different, rather than just another midtone pink. I really like the gold Colorbug that I got. It's pretty subtle on my hair (deep brunette), but it'll be so pretty for the holidays. Plus, I can always just rub it all ove my dog and make her shimmery, ha.
Haha, I love the idea of you using the hair shimmer on your dog! I think my box will arrive tomorrow, so we'll see...

The Mica primer seems really nice, but that will be going to a friend, bucase I have enough eye primer to last me through the apocalypse. Seriously. I got the black Tarina eyeliner, while I would have rather gotten the white, and the BellaPierre shimmer in white. I'm hoping to trade both of these, or at least the eyeliner.
I was hoping for the gold, I am also a brunette. However, I got purple. So I'm totes ready Junior high cheerleading tryouts. Sigh

I still haven't got a shipping email.. I'm hoping it will just show up. So for people who have received their box. . The mica is an eye primer, and what is the bella piere?

The BellaPierre is a loose shimmer dust, so basically a loose mineral eyeshadow.
That's awesome!  I received some of this in another subscription (Glossybox, maybe?) a while back and love it.  It's definitely shimmery, but it's beautiful when it goes on.  I'm 27 and work in a bank, and I don't have any qualms about wearing it to work!  Granted what I have is a brown color, so that's fine... I wouldn't wear blue of green or something too crazy to work!  But I love it!  I get my box today!  :)

I have to say, they have crappy customer service!  As I noted in a few earlier posts, I had to cancel my card due to fraudulent charges.  I haven't received one email from Boxycharm to alert me that I should update my card, nor have they said anything about not getting a box.  I'm guessing they just delete subscribers if their cards don't go through.  Not that I wanted to update my credit card info, but I find it weird and off-putting that Boxycharm hasn't communicated with me *at all*.  

I finally emailed boxycharm about my box (paid 11/4 and have gotten no email since)... they shipped my box TODAY. ugh. 12 business days to ship and itll take another 6 to get here... i'm about to cancel.

Got my box and LOVE it! My only disappointment was getting the white 'bug'. It's working great as a dry shampoo for me but was really wanting the gold to glitter up my daughter's blonde or my red blonde hair! My daughter was crossing fingers for the purple, of course...... The eye primer is the best we've ever had. My daughter is extremely pale with frequent sinus circles around her eyes. This is the first product that actually covered the dark circles and made her feel confident. She's been using it as an under eye cover up as well as a primer for 4 days.

Got my box and LOVE it! My only disappointment was getting the white 'bug'. It's working great as a dry shampoo for me but was really wanting the gold to glitter up my daughter's blonde or my red blonde hair! My daughter was crossing fingers for the purple, of course...... The eye primer is the best we've ever had. My daughter is extremely pale with frequent sinus circles around her eyes. This is the first product that actually covered the dark circles and made her feel confident. She's been using it as an under eye cover up as well as a primer for 4 days.

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back