Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My surmise? They've gone back to wholesale buying again, hence defective products. It's admittedly how they began, sourcing from eBay and Amazon wholesalers of "makeup lots." If they've gotten this big by using some legit direct relationships with brands, it is reasonable to see how they would increase profit margin by mixing in wholesale items from third party sellers. They're another sub who didn't disclose sources until called on it by folks here and on MSA. I was one of them back those who questioned my product origins back then. This isn't to say they can't be defective brand product, but it certainly seems more plausible they are buying and sending defective/odd product lots to handle the influx of new subscribers. God it feels like Red Carpet Box again.

They are saying on Facebook that the nail polish company added "extra lacquer" to the brushes to prevent them fraying during transit. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?? I've bought MANY bottles of nail polish online that had to be shipped to me, and they never had the bristles glued together, and they never arrived frayed from shipping either. That doesn't strike me as realistic. If a company is going to do something weird like that, they need to send a card with their product with instructions on how to fix it. So strange.

I received my box today and I'm honestly not really in to any if it's contents. There have been some other great months with Boxycharm but this is not one of them for me.

I might just toss the polishes since they are not colors I would wear and I don't want to gift them to someone and have to tell the giftee to soak the brushes in acetone

The eyeshadow came in a royal blue color which is just not to my taste.

The Starlooks liner is the olive color which I do think will be super pretty, but I have oily eyes and have found liquid liner works best for me so I don't think I will ever use this.

The serum and concealer pallet are nice but I already have products I use for those purposes which I already like.

I'm a bit disappointed but that's OK, I know l won't love all the boxes.

And even though this box is mostly a bust for me it's not all Boxycharms fault.

The customer service issues I am reading about however are super disappointing.

I'm okay with a lackluster box every once a while, that happens, but I am definitely not okay with crap customer service. I've always had really good customer service with them but from the looks of it, they clearly took on too much and the way they are handling it is not okay.

I hope they get their crap together. I love this sub but I won't be sticking around if they continue to treat their customers like morons.

I may just be having a bad day but I just got my box. Bright green eyeliner (ultra hunter) and olive green shadow. Both are hideous for me. I've gotten 3 boxes in tworking days and they are have horrible color selections for me. Bright green or bright blue eyeliner/ shadows, coral/taupe lips. Ugggh Maybe I'm just over makeup boxes. Sorry rant over

I have been a subscriber since June and never had one problem. I had a melted lipstick and they sent a new one no issues or being "snotty". Reading everything here and on FB I am SO worried about continuing. If next month is not better I am considering canceling

I still have not received a shipping notification.  I emailed them on Monday and still no response.  Very frustrated with this company!!!

Here's their story... Def NOT in my spam folder ugghhhh!  Do they have a customer service number?

We have already shipped the boxes out, but some of our Charmers have not received the tracking email. Our boxy-shipping team is currently looking into this! Please make sure that the email is not in your spam folder. Your box is probably on its way, but just to make sure, our Customer Service Department can look into your account and verify that it is indeed on its way! To email us, please log into your account, access the FAQs page and click "Email Us". A representative will get back to you within 24 to 72 business hours. If you would still like to cancel, please send us a private message so we can better assist you. xo

Here's their story... Def NOT in my spam folder ugghhhh!  Do they have a customer service number?

We have already shipped the boxes out, but some of our Charmers have not received the tracking email. Our boxy-shipping team is currently looking into this! Please make sure that the email is not in your spam folder. Your box is probably on its way, but just to make sure, our Customer Service Department can look into your account and verify that it is indeed on its way! To email us, please log into your account, access the FAQs page and click "Email Us". A representative will get back to you within 24 to 72 business hours. If you would still like to cancel, please send us a private message so we can better assist you. xo
yeah, it isn't in my spam folder.  It has been now over 72 hours and they haven't gotten back to me yet to know where my dam box is. 

yeah, it isn't in my spam folder.  It has been now over 72 hours and they haven't gotten back to me yet to know where my dam box is. 
Not a very good first impression.  I tried to message them on facebook asking where my box is and if it has NOT shipped yet I would like a refund and to cancel my subscription ASAP!

Doubt I will ever get a response.

Finally got a response from them.  Said my box has been shipped and gave me a tracking number which states they barely sent out an electronic notification for pickup today. Ugghhh! At least I'm getting somewhere with them, I guess.

better than what I am getting - I opened my ticket up a day before yours and nothing yet.  And they have the effing nerve to state that they respond to the tickets in the order in which they were received because that would be unfair to do otherwise.

better than what I am getting - I opened my ticket up a day before yours and nothing yet.  And they have the effing nerve to state that they respond to the tickets in the order in which they were received because that would be unfair to do otherwise.
Hope they get back to you soon!!! I am definitely having second thoughts about keeping this subscription.  It's like a flashback of Glossybox all over again. <_<

I got my refund, which tells me they never sent it out - this is their lame response to me

Thank so much for contacting BOXYCHARM! We are so sorry about the delay in our response, we were not aware that you did not receive your box. We are so sad to see you go. As requested we have gone ahead and cancelled your account and we have issued you a refund. We truly apologize about the inconvenience this caused.

err, I opened up a ticket stating that I did not have my box, nor a shipping notice.  Whatever.

Thank goodness I am not dealing with them again.  They lied thru their teeth.

I received my tracking email and, 30 minutes later, received a response to my email that said my box has just started the shipping process.  It makes me wonder if they had forgotten to ship my box out.  My gut is telling me to cancel, so that's what I'm going to do.  They might be a good sub, but they haven't made a good first impression to me and it's not worth the bother at the moment.  I might try them again next year when they hopefully have worked out their issues.

I'm weirdly entertained by reading the complaints on their Facebook page (and glad that I cancelled). The stuff that the person running the FB page is saying doesn't seem to match what customer service is actually doing. For instance, the FB rep says that they don't have any emails older than 72 hours, so they are on schedule, but several people (here and there) have said they've taken longer. So if you don't get a response do they just say they didn't get your message? Then on FB they also say that they have shipped out all the boxes now, but people are still getting messages from CS saying that their box is going to be sent in the next shipment. What a mess!

I'm weirdly entertained by reading the complaints on their Facebook page (and glad that I cancelled). The stuff that the person running the FB page is saying doesn't seem to match what customer service is actually doing. For instance, the FB rep says that they don't have any emails older than 72 hours, so they are on schedule, but several people (here and there) have said they've taken longer. So if you don't get a response do they just say they didn't get your message? Then on FB they also say that they have shipped out all the boxes now, but people are still getting messages from CS saying that their box is going to be sent in the next shipment. What a mess!
yeah, cause they just refunded me for october (need to check with my cc company to make sure that happened) and that was a few hours ago.

boxes were not all shipped out. 

I finally heard back from C/S...they scolded me for checking too early.  I was charged on the 9th, so technically the day I emailed, which was yesterday was only 9 business days, but out of the kindness of their hearts they checked on my box and it was sent to their shipping partner today.  Then, even more magically, I received my shipping notice about an hour later.  Wow, just wow!  I like this box and I don't want to unsub, but I am not an idiot, I don't appreciate being treated like one, and really, if you charge me on the 9th, it should be shipped within 10 calendar days, that is more than enough time, everyone is getting the same box!  I truly believe they had forgotten about it and I wouldn't have heard anything if I didn't keep inquiring. 

scolding seems to be their favorite thing.  Sorry, but first impressions matter and their CS really is bad. 

I received my first and last Boxy Charm box today. Not only did it come a long time after they charged me but the three makeup products have parabens. I'm not normally an ingredient checker for beauty products but since there are so many sketchy comments about the nail polish and I've heard nightmare stories about be a bombshell's mascara I thought I'd at least read the back of the packages in this box. The serum seems fine but I'm hesitant to use it considering that they sent it with a box of very low grade cosmetics. I'm not impressed in the slightest.

Latest posts

Back