Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really loathe their customer service.  They are snide and sarcastic.  I ask a direct question and they respond back with a quote from their help page.  Hello?  I was asking for more detailed information.  Then they ask a question instead of responding to my very direct question

I don't know why people on FB are gushing over their CS.  I find Boxy Charm's CS to be horrid.
 I totally agree with you .  I had a missing item in last months box and they gave me some charms. They were not nice in the emails when I asked them questions.  They were not professional sounding.   They also cancelled my account for no reason this month after they charged me.  My credit card is fine now I cant get them to answer any emails   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not getting anywhere with them.  I want out of this subscription.  Shitty horrible CS and no tracking. If I were a new company, I would not treat my customers like this.

Yikes! I've been stalking this forum waiting for another good box to jump in on (my last one was with the tarte cheek stain), but it sounds like this company is really struggling. Late boxes, no tracking, weird nail polish (I've never had to soak a brush on a new polish!), snarky/sh!tty customer service...No thanks! 

i am so in love with my box this month. i had no faith I'd get my preferred shades of eye shadow or eyeliner (since I've been with them for a few months and ALWAYS get the exact shade i want, i figured my luck would run out)... but, I managed to get a beautiful brown eye shadow called "Starlet" and the Ultra Olive eyeliner... both are TO DIE FOR. I'm so giddy. also, this nail polish is great. I'm currently wearing the grey and it changes between a grey and black, depending on the natural light.

BTW - they just pulled that stunt with me - I private messaged Boxy Charm's facebook and they looked UP MY inquiry and because I am a few hours short of 72 hours, they didn't bother to answer my question, but instead scolded me

Horrid customer service - they have a lot of nerve to come back after looking up my account and instead of answering my question, telling me that 72 hours has not elapsed yet.

I don't care how great the products are - crappy CS will doom you forever.  I won't be recommending this sub to anyone.

BTW - they just pulled that stunt with me - I private messaged Boxy Charm's facebook and they looked UP MY inquiry and because I am a few hours short of 72 hours, they didn't bother to answer my question, but instead scolded me

Horrid customer service - they have a lot of nerve to come back after looking up my account and instead of answering my question, telling me that 72 hours has not elapsed yet.

I don't care how great the products are - crappy CS will doom you forever.  I won't be recommending this sub to anyone.
I can't believe they pulled that stunt with someone else.  I ended up emailing them to see about my tracking number and something occurred to me.  Since they ask people to wait until 10 business days to contact them, then ask them to wait an additional 3 business days for a reply, that can end up being a huge chunk of a month.

I'll use mine as an example.  I subscribed on Wednesday, the 8th.  I forgot about Columbus Day, so assuming that doesn't count as a business day, my 10 days would be Wednesday, the 22nd.  If I emailed on the 22nd, 72 hours would fall on a Saturday, so they wouldn't get back to me until Monday, the 27th.  That is just absurd to me.

I realize that I should have researched this further prior to trying them out, but the boxes seemed to get great reviews places and I wanted to try them out.  For people who have been with Boxy Charm for awhile, is typical of them?

I can't believe they pulled that stunt with someone else.  I ended up emailing them to see about my tracking number and something occurred to me.  Since they ask people to wait until 10 business days to contact them, then ask them to wait an additional 3 business days for a reply, that can end up being a huge chunk of a month.

I'll use mine as an example.  I subscribed on Wednesday, the 8th.  I forgot about Columbus Day, so assuming that doesn't count as a business day, my 10 days would be Wednesday, the 22nd.  If I emailed on the 22nd, 72 hours would fall on a Saturday, so they wouldn't get back to me until Monday, the 27th.  That is just absurd to me.

I realize that I should have researched this further prior to trying them out, but the boxes seemed to get great reviews places and I wanted to try them out.  For people who have been with Boxy Charm for awhile, is typical of them?
This is not at all typical of boxycharm. They have amazing customer service typically. I think the massive influx of new subscribers, the slightly delayed shipping, the nailpolish situation, the brand new waitlist, and a few other problems they may be having that we dont know about are playing into some serious issues for them. They are probably working their hardest to get to everyone but are using their full 72 hours to respond because theyre probably SWAMPED. I'd give them the BOTD. They've always been good to me.

This is not at all typical of boxycharm. They have amazing customer service typically. I think the massive influx of new subscribers, the slightly delayed shipping, the nailpolish situation, the brand new waitlist, and a few other problems they may be having that we dont know about are playing into some serious issues for them. They are probably working their hardest to get to everyone but are using their full 72 hours to respond because theyre probably SWAMPED. I'd give them the BOTD. They've always been good to me.
Same here! I've been with them almost a year now, and they have always had great customer service when it came to me. I have contacted them a few times with a few problems and they have always been on it within 2 to 3 days like they say. The customer service rep has always been very kind and professional and quite joyful actually which I can't say anything bad about. They always treated me very fairly, and fix my problem to the best of their ability. I would still recommend this service to anyone. They're my favorite subscription service with me trying over 7 or more similar subscription services. They are still by far my favorite! As for their customer service the past month, they have run into a few problems with boxes that have fallen back on the companies they are using in their boxes so I'm sure they've dealt with problems that they haven't had to deal with before and have been swamped as someone else has said, with a lot of on usual problems that they normally don't have to deal with. I is well give them the benefit of the doubt, I mean not all subscription services are perfect. The nail polish can be soaked which isn't the first time I've heard of this having to be done with new polishes. And trust me I have at least 100 bottles of polish. The Harvey prints perfumes spilt out but that was due to a manufactor problem. So, unfortunately, in their defense they had to replace a lot of boxes do to someone else's problem which could've set them back in many ways. I'm still amazed by their boxes and customer service so I will definitely continue to subscribe to them and recommend them to anyone. Just one Time of us not having five star service we give them a bad rep that they don't deserve. This is one time out of more than one (2) years. I love BoxyCharm honestly

I am so surprised that y'all have having such issue with Boxycharm, they ahve never once been snarky or sarcastic with me. I really enjoy their boxes, in fact I cancelled a lot of mine for a while (until black Friday) but I kept my Boxycharm! 

It isn't just the delays in response.  They have been snotty as hell to me.  I asked last month to clarify the waitlist as their email and FAQ is a bit confusing...

Snotty and with an attitude.  Nope, not for me. I am not some person who takes crap and eats it with a smile. I pay for a service and I am not getting anything free from them.  If they want to retain new customers, this isn't the way to do it.  If you are a customer that has been with them for a long time, you might see another side, but a new customer...

well, you know the saying about first impressions.   And right now, Boxy Charm - their first impression to me is that they are awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, why are they so SWAMPED?  They took my money on 10/7 - they weren't swamped then.  I wouldn't have to email them if they would just send out the product that I paid for.

If they are SWAMPED, that is of their own doing and not the customer's fault.  If they can look up the inquiry to be snotty about the time it was submitted, but not tell me my tracking number, that speaks volumes about their customer service to me.

I emailed them regarding my loyalty charms (450 charms for having subscribed for 3 consecutive months) and in the same email asked about October shipping.  They responded regarding my missing charms, that they had "found them and put them where they belong", but didn't even address the October box.  So, I sent another email about my box which was charged on October 9, with no word of shipping yet, and am waiting to hear back.  Not happy, but trying to be patient.  Last month the same thing happened and they acted like, "oh it just shipped today, no big deal" but it was also over that 10 day mark.  I hope they get it together, I really like this box.

We'll, I'm officially done with Boxy. I finally got a response, after 7 full days, saying they tried to charge me on Oct 5 but my card was declined. I then presented them with proof by way of my credit card statement showing the completed transaction via attachment with added written verification from my bank. The response? Oh, sorry don't know what happened but you won't be getting a box since we're "almost" sold out for Oct. And even better than the lie + non-apology, they said the only way I could get another box after this was to cancel my subscription and then resub, but that I'd be placed on the wait list, but they'd do me the favor if giving me priority on the list. Are you freaking kidding me? So you failed to charge my card, oh wait, you did charge it, but didn't send me a box and now that I caught you in the lie since I definitely was charged 3 weeks ago, there's no apology or "we'll get it right to you" but instead I'm told I'm getting nothing and that I'll be placed on a wait list, as a current subscriber for 4 months (this is month 4)? I've honestly never had such awful customer service or seen such complete buffoonery from a business. And by the way, no mention at all of a refund! I had to ASK for it. I guess I was making a $21 donation for no box and being wait listed? I will never, ever give them another dime. Worst. Sub. Ever. I don't give a tiny rat's patootie what they send now.

Amen and hallelujah, pass the collection plate! See my post below; I busted them in an outright lie about charging me, to which they not only responded witchily by refusing to send me the box they charged me for 3 weeks ago (took 7 days to even get this response; had to ask for a refund) but to dump me onto the wait list as a thank you. Way to treat current subscribers. Screw up my shipping for 3 months and make me chase down my box, I'll stick with you. Lie to me and steal my money then penalize me for daring to question you about it? I'll drop you like a bad habit and tell the world about it.

also, why are they so SWAMPED?  They took my money on 10/7 - they weren't swamped then.  I wouldn't have to email them if they would just send out the product that I paid for.

If they are SWAMPED, that is of their own doing and not the customer's fault.  If they can look up the inquiry to be snotty about the time it was submitted, but not tell me my tracking number, that speaks volumes about their customer service to me.

yeah, and I see the  girls on the FB page over there - there was one girl who called anyone who complained #whinylittlewitches (with a b instead of a w)

wow.  wow.  This notion that someone else (and not just one or two, but a lot of people) could be having horrid service is so alien to them that they attack the other customers.  It is as bad as the ipsy FB page. 

Be sure you check your card statement. They claimed they had tried to charge me and my card was declined. When I checked and then proved I had been charged, then they changed their story to "I don't know what happened but you're not getting a box and your account has to be cancelled and you have to resub and be wait listed." It sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I'm sending a demand to delete all of my personal and CC info ASAP. I don't want these incompetent liars to have access to my card in any way or I'll eventually be charged again for a nonexistent box after my account was "cancelled" (it happened to a friend in August and I assumed it was a one time glitch). Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

I totally agree with you .  I had a missing item in last months box and they gave me some charms. They were not nice in the emails when I asked them questions.  They were not professional sounding.   They also cancelled my account for no reason this month after they charged me.  My credit card is fine now I cant get them to answer any emails   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You have got to be kidding me!?!? Is this being run from someone's basement? I stuck by them when they were sending out sketchy product from 3rd party wholesalers, a la Red Carpet Box and Posh Pod, and they cleaned it up and began working with brands directly. I thought they had turned a corner. Apparently not. Who handles their CS/social media, a bunch of teenage girls?

They are saying on Facebook that the nail polish company added "extra lacquer" to the brushes to prevent them fraying during transit. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?? I've bought MANY bottles of nail polish online that had to be shipped to me, and they never had the bristles glued together, and they never arrived frayed from shipping either. That doesn't strike me as realistic. If a company is going to do something weird like that, they need to send a card with their product with instructions on how to fix it. So strange.

That's not even close to why folks are complaining. Lying, stealing and then being thanked by having your account cancelled and wait listed when you dare to ask for a refund for a box you're told you will never get? That's legit cause to complain. I've been with them for the duration and it's been a struggle from the word go in one way or another. I've overlooked and stayed mum about a LOT, never once asking for anything or complaining to them (though the last 3 months I've had to formally request they actually ship my box because, by their written admission "they forgot"), but this was the last straw. And I definitely don't think it's professional having your social media reps name calling customers on Facebook. Seriously? We aren't talking about a broken item here. I'm talking about outright fraud. And since I'm a federal prosecutor, I know it when I see it.

Same here! I've been with them almost a year now, and they have always had great customer service when it came to me. I have contacted them a few times with a few problems and they have always been on it within 2 to 3 days like they say. The customer service rep has always been very kind and professional and quite joyful actually which I can't say anything bad about. They always treated me very fairly, and fix my problem to the best of their ability. I would still recommend this service to anyone. They're my favorite subscription service with me trying over 7 or more similar subscription services. They are still by far my favorite! As for their customer service the past month, they have run into a few problems with boxes that have fallen back on the companies they are using in their boxes so I'm sure they've dealt with problems that they haven't had to deal with before and have been swamped as someone else has said, with a lot of on usual problems that they normally don't have to deal with. I is well give them the benefit of the doubt, I mean not all subscription services are perfect. The nail polish can be soaked which isn't the first time I've heard of this having to be done with new polishes. And trust me I have at least 100 bottles of polish. The Harvey prints perfumes spilt out but that was due to a manufactor problem. So, unfortunately, in their defense they had to replace a lot of boxes do to someone else's problem which could've set them back in many ways. I'm still amazed by their boxes and customer service so I will definitely continue to subscribe to them and recommend them to anyone. Just one Time of us not having five star service we give them a bad rep that they don't deserve. This is one time out of more than one (2) years. I love BoxyCharm honestly

Latest posts

Back