Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, while I love the two spoilers, the other items are not that exciting for me. Oh well, still worth 20 bucks I suppose.

The Starlooks Ultra Gem Pencils are coming in EVERY color. So we probably arent getting basic, boring black!

also, the nailpolish is by Cult & Commerse, which looks to be a brand new company... The polish is supposed to have some type of affect in sunlight? I'm pretty pumped for this, to be honest... and it is a halloween line, so we're getting all deep fall colors!

I am also seeing the bombshell eyeshadows in MANY different colors. This could be a real blast!

I think this is one of the few times I need to get the box in my hands to make my decision. The items seem kind of meh right now but if they have the right colors it could be a fun box.

I am really happy about the things they didn't spoiler.  I love nail polish, and Starlooks is always good.  I have never gotten a BAB item that I liked,  but I adore eye shadow and I'm willing to give it a shot.  I'm not real excited about the contouring palette though.  I have never been into contouring and I just don't see myself using it. 

I am fine with the starlooks eyeliner - I love them!!  And the BAB eyeshadow is actually one of their only products that I like - I loved my BAB Bora Bora quad that I received earlier this year.

The coastal scents & the serum  - I will not use.  But I will use the other products - hopefully they are in great colors!

I finally resub and this is what I get. Smh. Oooh well, I'll give November a chance before deciding on bailing... Again.

Anyone actually get their Oct box yet? I know some have gotten shipping emails but I haven't heard anything yet. I know they said there was a delay but I haven't heard anything since then. Are there any shipping updates? I sent them a message but if they stay true to form, I won't get an answer until early Nov.

Okay, I was kind of "meh" about BaB and Starlooks, BUT:

I have a BaB eyeshadow and a quad and it actually isn't bad. I mean, it's not so mindblowing that I would go out and buy more, but the ones I have are decent, pretty nicely pigmented and they last over my primer.

The gem pencils are the only Starlooks product I really find exciting, and I think they're amazing, so happy about that.

I'm pretty excited about this box!  I totally wanted the Eclipse palette and the serum so I already knew I was getting my money's worth.  But a color changing Halloween nail polish set?! Yes, please!  I don't mind Starlooks or bab but they're basically freebies for me considering the rest of the box.

I got my box today but both of the brushes in the nail polishes are hard as rocks.  I can't use them at all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /:mad:

Got my box today. SPOILERS in this post!

Nail polishes are horrible! The brushes leave streaks, the gray is harder than the purple. Unusable. I've had better dollar polishes. Such a bummer. How can anyone make that and decide it's ready for the public??

Serum felt really good on my hand and I'm excited to research it and start using it.

I love the eyeliner I got the color green called ultra hunter.

I got the bora bora blue eyeshadow. I'm not sure if im going to try that one. I have blue shadow already and i prefer mineral so it's up for trade.

I haven't tried the concealers yet but it looks fun to play with I just wish it came with a brush or at least a spot to keep a brush in it.

Super excited for the concealer palette! Hope it is creamy and not drying!
The serum is good, happy that it is full sized!!

Hope I do not get the eyeliner in sliver, as I have already have it from Ipsy (I know it is a different product, but it is similar and by the same brand)! I hope to get a gold or rose gold is they have it!
Hope my eyeshadow shade is nice!

Hopeing the formulation is better than what people have said about the nail polish though..

My box should be here today! I'm supposed to be packing and cleaning to move this weekend but I'm just sitting here waiting for my box. lol

no, you aren't.  I haven't gotten one and I am a bit upset about this
At this point, it's looking like we will be charged for our second box before we even receive the first one.  I am soo over it!  Thinking about calling for a refund.

Boxycharm posted on their facebook and instagram that the brushes on the polish need to be soaked in acetone or they will softer with time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my box and I am really happy. The nail polish brushes don't seem that hard to me, and I think the suggested quick soak in acetone is no big deal. I do not see how the polish is worth $21, but I love the colors. I don't see why people complain about the star looks eye liner, it's so creamy! I got the purple one thankfully. Only disappointment is the eye shadow, I got blue. But I guess I shouldn't complain too much because I got the coastal scents palette I wanted last month. Another win for me, I was worried but clearly should not have doubted! Maybe I should stop reading the car on fb. People are too negative. I hope everyone else is just as happy!

Edit: impressed with the packaging, all in a sealed bubble wrap bag inside the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back