Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No shipping email for me I hate just wating for my box to show up. But thats how its been for me for the last 2 months

This is the third month I've had to make contact just to get them to charge me. I'm pretty fed up with chasing this sub constantly. Last month I wasn't billed until the very end of the month and didn't get my box until the first week of this month. For some reason, I'm a current subscriber whose box gets overlooked every. Single. Month. As in, they respond that it was a mistake/oversight. So, since I've neither gotten a shipping email nor a response to my inquiry yet, this will be my last month. It's a shame since I love the boxes themselves. But I don't love having to hound the company to send it. I have a job already.

I got my box today.

The Coastal Scents palette is a disappointment for me. i have fair skin, and only one of the colors (besides the green and pink) look like it would work with my skin tone.
I got the eyeshadow in olive (Sinful), which isn't that great a color for me.
Got the Starlooks eyeshadow in Ultra Violet--not sure about the color yet. I tried to find it on the Starlooks website to avoid unsealing it in case I want to swap, but that color isn't listed on there. So I wonder if it's discontinued?
Will have to try out the serum.
And like the shade of the purple polish but don't really want to have to soak the brush in acetone.
So this wasn't a particularly great month for me with Boxycharm, but I'll keep subscribing for another month or two (since by then I should also have enough charms to redeem for something).

I got the eyeliner in Ultra Violet too and I love it.  It is a gorgeous color and it is incredibly smooth and creamy. 

Agree biancardi, beauty box five sent out old cuticle oil with stiff brushes before. Its defective or expired.

Well since they teamed up to release their new line in the box I doubt that its expired.  Defective likely; but a few seconds soak in nail polish remover fixes the defect.  It's not a huge inconvenience.

I know I was annoyed with the shipping so you guys must be super mad; it's unbelievable you ladies have yet to get a tracking #! That is unacceptable. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've actually had a company send me nail polish like this before with the same explanation and instructions. So I don't think it's defective. I don't really see the point but it's an easy fix so i don't mind.

This is the third month I've had to make contact just to get them to charge me. I'm pretty fed up with chasing this sub constantly. Last month I wasn't billed until the very end of the month and didn't get my box until the first week of this month. For some reason, I'm a current subscriber whose box gets overlooked every. Single. Month. As in, they respond that it was a mistake/oversight. So, since I've neither gotten a shipping email nor a response to my inquiry yet, this will be my last month. It's a shame since I love the boxes themselves. But I don't love having to hound the company to send it. I have a job already.
I think I am in a similar boat. I have subscribed since June, they charge me every month, but the last two months I have had to email them to get my box. I emailed them on Friday and have heard nothing yet. People who were wait listed have already gotten theirs. I hate that you can't check the status on their website.

I've actually had a company send me nail polish like this before with the same explanation and instructions. So I don't think it's defective. I don't really see the point but it's an easy fix so i don't mind.
I never heard of this before for a new product.   I've been using nailpolish for decades (older than dirt here) and only old nailpolish or defective items have this issue.

If this is a trend to explain away bad batches of nailpolishes, well, it seems to be working.

I'm also one of the ones that haven't received a shipping notice and today will be 10 business days.  I just got off the waitlist, so they haven't made a great first impression, especially if I have to email them to find out what is going on.  And after reading some of the replies they've made to subscribers on their facebook page, I'll be cancelling my subscription.

I really loathe their customer service.  They are snide and sarcastic.  I ask a direct question and they respond back with a quote from their help page.  Hello?  I was asking for more detailed information.  Then they ask a question instead of responding to my very direct question

I don't know why people on FB are gushing over their CS.  I find Boxy Charm's CS to be horrid.

I'm also one of the ones that haven't received a shipping notice and today will be 10 business days.  I just got off the waitlist, so they haven't made a great first impression, especially if I have to email them to find out what is going on.  And after reading some of the replies they've made to subscribers on their facebook page, I'll be cancelling my subscription.
yeah, they are sarcastic little snits, aren't they?

yeah, they are sarcastic little snits, aren't they?
They absolutely are.  One comment I read was from a subscriber who wanted to know why she hadn't received a response about something, since it had been 3 days.  The response she received was to inform her that they respond within 72 hours, then they had the gall to pull up the email she sent, quoting the date and time it was sent, then telling her that CS still had another 4 hours or so to get back to her.

From what I've gathered from their responses on FB is that they will happily take your money immediately, then you should sit down, shut up, and not bother them until 10 business days are up, then prepare to wait another 3 business days before they will address any questions.

Latest posts

Back