Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty upset with this sub. Last month, my bronzer was broken. I didn't really want it, so I wrote and asked them if they could send me a Tarantino lip sheen, and I asked for a specific color. I figured it was worth a shot to ask because the bronzer was more expensive than the lip sheen. They said yes--they would send me Queen Alice specifically--but asked me not to tell anyone. Well, I wasn't planning on telling anyone, but then my box came and they sent the wrong color. I immediately emailed to tell them of the mistake, but it has been over a week and they have not responded AT ALL. That's why I finally decided to post this as I need advice. Should I press the issue? Honestly, I cannot stand the fact that they lied to me first and now they're ignoring me. Very unhappy with them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: After I wrote this, I decided I'd be crazy not to write back and push them on this matter. And I checked--I sent the email to let them know I did not get what I was promised a week ago. One week, no response whatsoever! I may be cancelling soon. Ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty upset with this sub. Last month, my bronzer was broken. I didn't really want it, so I wrote and asked them if they could send me a Tarantino lip sheen, and I asked for a specific color. I figured it was worth a shot to ask because the bronzer was more expensive than the lip sheen. They said yes--they would send me Queen Alice specifically--but asked me not to tell anyone. Well, I wasn't planning on telling anyone, but then my box came and they sent the wrong color. I immediately emailed to tell them of the mistake, but it has been over a week and they have not responded AT ALL. That's why I finally decided to post this as I need advice. Should I press the issue? Honestly, I cannot stand the fact that they lied to me first and now they're ignoring me. Very unhappy with them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ehhh I feel a little 50/50 on something like this.

Considering the most they are expected to do is replace the item that was damaged (the bronzer) they were being helpful and agreed to send you a completely different item as a replacement. I honestly am surprised they even agreed to do that for you, unless the bronzer was out of stock. Asking for a specific color and having them also agree to that, is actually surprisingly nice of them and above and beyond. The fact that they sent you a different shade may have to do with the fact that they didn't have the shade you requested anymore, or possibly just made a mistake. Either way, I can understand where you're coming from completely, since they did say they would send you that product specifically, but honestly I personally would have been very happy that they even honored my request for a completely different product to replace something else that was damaged.

I would try contacting them via their facebook and let them know you've been waiting for a response and see what happens. Good luck!

ETA: After I wrote this, I decided I'd be crazy not to write back and push them on this matter. And I checked--I sent the email to let them know I did not get what I was promised a week ago. One week, no response whatsoever! I may be cancelling soon. Ridiculous!
That was so nice of them to send you something new.  They have been really nice to me I think they have amazing customer service

Ehhh I feel a little 50/50 on something like this.

Considering the most they are expected to do is replace the item that was damaged (the bronzer) they were being helpful and agreed to send you a completely different item as a replacement. I honestly am surprised they even agreed to do that for you, unless the bronzer was out of stock. Asking for a specific color and having them also agree to that, is actually surprisingly nice of them and above and beyond. The fact that they sent you a different shade may have to do with the fact that they didn't have the shade you requested anymore, or possibly just made a mistake. Either way, I can understand where you're coming from completely, since they did say they would send you that product specifically, but honestly I personally would have been very happy that they even honored my request for a completely different product to replace something else that was damaged.

I would try contacting them via their facebook and let them know you've been waiting for a response and see what happens. Good luck!

That was so nice of them to send you something new.  They have been really nice to me I think they have amazing customer service
I know what you guys are saying, but seriously, all they had to do was say no in the first place. Instead, here is what they said:

Hello Heather,

Oh No! We are so sorry that you received a broken Enter Pronoun Bronzer. Thank you so much for including those photos! Normally replacements would only be provided for the exact item that was damaged BUTTT we totally understand that the Tarina Tarantino Lip Sheens are super awesome so we will go ahead and send out a replacement Queen Alice Lip Sheen instead of the Bronzer in your September Box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Let's just keep this our little secret <3

Kisses, 
Eliana

and Your BOXYCHARM Team! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I realize I am now breaking the secret, but I really wasn't going to tell anyone until this happened. Plus, I almost ordered some lip sheens. What if I had ordered the color they sent me and not ordered Queen Alice? If I had placed the order, that would have happened, and the only reason I didn't place the order was because of lack of money. I'm honestly not trying to be greedy, but if you aren't sure you can follow through on something, then don't promise to do it. Also, if it had been an out of stock issue, they should have sent me an email to let me know. But, I am 99% certain it wasn't an out of stock issue. Why? Because they apparently gave out coupon codes for new subscribers to get a free Tarantino lip sheen. Someone on here mentioned somewhere (maybe another thread, or maybe this one) that they specifically got the color Queen Alice. Why would they promise to send it to me, fail to do so, and yet send it out at random to people who used a code? I'd think it would be more important to honor your promise to an existing customer who you already owe something due to a broken product. Anyway, that is honestly how I feel about it. I simply want them to do what they said they'd do. If, from now on, they make a policy that they can't replace a broken item with something else, that is fine. But at least live up to what you said you would do, especially when I told them (quite honestly) that the only reason I bought the September box was to get the lip sheen they'd promised. And to be honest, as they were attempting to make up for their own problem (the bronzer that broke in shipment), they should have sent me the lip sheen separately. I shouldn't have had to buy the September box. To me, this isn't really good customer service. Maybe they've been good in the past, but this doesn't cut it. I don't mean to sound argumentative or anything. I guess I'm just venting a little guys. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm just angry. I resubbed in august on my old account, updated my account with new shipping and billing. I get the august box no prob. Now in September, it all reverted back to my old shipping and billing!! It's going to my old place and who knows if they will forward it. And of course, can't call them. I'm soooo irritated right now.

I'm just angry. I resubbed in august on my old account, updated my account with new shipping and billing. I get the august box no prob. Now in September, it all reverted back to my old shipping and billing!! It's going to my old place and who knows if they will forward it. And of course, can't call them. I'm soooo irritated right now.
This exact same thing happened to me too. I emailed them about it and they sent me a new box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Hope they do the same for you.

This exact same thing happened to me too. I emailed them about it and they sent me a new box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Hope they do the same for you.
Glad it happened to you too!! I thought I was going crazy....I swear, I've emailed them about 6 times so far with screenshots of what happens when I try to update anything....i really wish they had a phone number. And I'm fine with a new box-to the new address-and I'm also fine with disputing the charge.

Their system must not be able to keep up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If someone has a minute, could you give a quick tutorial on how to do the reviews for charms?  The site's FAQ said to go to my charms and rewards, but when I go there it just shows me some things you can buy with the charms.  There is nothing on there about how to do the reviews.

If someone has a minute, could you give a quick tutorial on how to do the reviews for charms? The site's FAQ said to go to my charms and rewards, but when I go there it just shows me some things you can buy with the charms. There is nothing on there about how to do the reviews.
Go to their shop. Click the item and under the item and how many charms it costs, it shows the stars it's rated... Along with that, on the right of it, it says review

If someone has a minute, could you give a quick tutorial on how to do the reviews for charms? The site's FAQ said to go to my charms and rewards, but when I go there it just shows me some things you can buy with the charms. There is nothing on there about how to do the reviews.
Sometimes it takes a little while for the entire box contents to show up in the ship. Last I checked only 1 item was in there so far. So keep checking!

I am actually a big fan of Boxycharm's customer service. My Tarina Tarintino lip sheen came smashed all to hell so i sent them an email and they promised to send me a replacement in the September box. After the September box was shipped they sent me an email saying that they were out of the Lip Sheen's and that i could go to the my charms and rewards and choose the top three things that I would like to receive. Which was fine with me because I wasn't a fan of the color lip sheen I had received in my box and the Tarte cheek stain was much better in my eyes.  So I made that my number one and I got in the mail about four days later. Unfortunately my September box never showed up (I think that I put in my address wrong) but it is still stuck in Florida (i check it every once in awhile) So I emailed them and they said that they would send me a replacement and they wanted to confirm my address which was my old one where my grandparents live. But I forgot to give them my new one for a few days and a few hours after I finally did I got a shipping notification for the box going to my grandparent's house. I figured that they would just not reply to my other email and let it go but nope they are also sending another box to my new address. So this month I will for sure be getting two boxes and if the first one some how manages to make its way to my address (that happened with ipsy once) I will have three. I'm crossing my fingers for varations on the nail polish, lip gloss, and especially the palette. But it's a good thing that I love that perfume! I'm very impressed with Boxy charm's customer service. They go out of their way to make sure that I get everything that I paid for. 

Felt so good to cancel. That money will be better spent on my new obsession--Korean skincare! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am excited about the spoiler! I'm happy they aren't taking the halloween theme too literally so far. I also hope that's the only skincare item I love that this box is aimed at makeup. I'm hoping for maybe a red lipstick or liner. And since I got a pretty bland palette in Sept's box, I would like some bright colored shadow.  

I've been on waitlist for the last couple of weeks, so I don't think I will get in on this sub for october...

Latest posts

Back