Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do I go to swap Boxy Charm items? I seem to recall BC does not have its own trade thread every month like Ipsy and Birchbox does. I'm hoping to swap colors in my Go Palette and maybe trade the mascara. I just don't know where to go for this particular trade. Thanks!

The mail person left 7 boxes today. Yay for subscription boxes!

I got red nail polish which I won't use but I like my eye palette- Cairo- I love neutrals.

Also got a great nude Tarte' lippie in Blushing Bride, which is close to the cheek color from Tarte' they sent two or so months ago with the same name. Great choice for me. Mascara is mascara. Not much to say except  that I like the brand.

I had cancelled my subscription last month because I got a box which is practically unusable for me last month and they gave me a free Tina Tarantino lip sheen in Queen Alice this month. I think that's so nice!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The mail person left 7 boxes today. Yay for subscription boxes!

I got red nail polish which I won't use but I like my eye palette- Cairo- I love neutrals.

Also got a great nude Tarte' lippie in Blushing Bride, which is close to the cheek color from Tarte' they sent two or so months ago with the same name. Great choice for me. Mascara is mascara. Not much to say except  that I like the brand.

I had cancelled my subscription last month because I got a box which is practically unusable for me last month and they gave me a free Tina Tarantino lip sheen in Queen Alice this month. I think that's so nice!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's what I got, except that I didn't get the lip sheen in Queen Alice. But, I was supposed to get it in that exact color because it was to make up for the broken bronzer last month. Very unhappy about that. Also, Cairo would've been the palette I'd have wanted the least out of all of them. I was hoping for London. Sigh...

I got my first Boxycharm box last night and one of the colors in my palette was shattered and the Hello perfume had leaked all over the inside of the bubble wrap it was in.  How good are they about sending replacements in this type of situation?  I had really been looking forward to both of those items.

I got my first Boxycharm box last night and one of the colors in my palette was shattered and the Hello perfume had leaked all over the inside of the bubble wrap it was in.  How good are they about sending replacements in this type of situation?  I had really been looking forward to both of those items.
Very very good to replace items, IMO. I didn't even have to photograph a broken item from a couple of months ago, and they replaced it in the August box. 

My " Hello" perfume had also leaked, but just a tiny bit. I have full sized "Hello", so I forgot about the purse spray.

I don't see how they could NOT leak a bit or evaporate if anyone is still having temps. in the upper 90's like we are here in the desert in the middle of nowhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box came today!

I got the Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperlight, which I am happy about! Always looking to brighten up my eye area and I have a billion mascaras.

Tarte gloss in Tipsy (coral) - pretty! I don't need another gloss but it's tarte and a cute color so I'll use it. 

NCLA in Call My Agent - a super bright red creme. I don't really like cremes OR reds, so I think I'll gift this. But it's very pretty!

Coastal Scents palette in Beijing - I wanted one of the brighter ones, BUT this one is pretty - plums, black, golds, and pinky tones.  However, one shadow was crushed. 

Hello - I already know I love this. Mine did leak some, but it still smells great.

My HElko leaked as well but since it's 2/3Rd full, I'm not sure I'll contact them for a replacement. I also got Blushing Bride, NCLA in the nude color and the Beijing palette. Super happy with this box!

My box finally came today!  I got the mascara... was totally worried I would get the highlighter because I got it a few months ago but then cancelled.  This is my first box of the new sub, so I was thinking they may have put me in the new category.  Whew!  I got the Moscow palette... love the right half of the colors so it will get quite some use - nothing was broken, thankfully.  The nail color was model Behavior... a really nice super dark chocolate purplish color...perfect for fall!  The Hello perfume is much bigger than I expected - surprise!  I also got the lip gloss in blushing bride.  Is this a sticky gloss?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard back from them about the broken palette and the leaking perfume.  They are out of replacement stock so they gave me 2000 charms.  Since I am a complete noob when it comes to this particular subscription I have no idea if that is a good solution or not.  I guess I need to go read their site and figure the charm thing out lol.

I heard back from them about the broken palette and the leaking perfume. They are out of replacement stock so they gave me 2000 charms. Since I am a complete noob when it comes to this particular subscription I have no idea if that is a good solution or not. I guess I need to go read their site and figure the charm thing out lol.
That is a great solution! You can redeem those and get a free item on their website!

I received the coastal scents in Beiing.  I'm just happy I didn't get Sydney those bright colors.  My Beijing palette is just ok.  I'm really happy with everything else in my box.  I was going to cancel to save money, but I can't seem to do it.  I love these boxes.
I got the same color palette.  I was hoping for something different. Its ok and I will used it. I also got red polish  I like the polish its a good orange shade of red

My box arrived! My Cairo pallet was not broken and I'm so happy about that! The Hello perfume leaked but I think the manufacturer may be to fault on that one. I received the red nailpolish though which I am bummed about since I don't wear reds but I'll gift it!

I rec'd my box today.  Unfortunately, I did not get the palettes I wanted. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I recd:

Coastal Scents London (hoped for Cairo)

NCLA in Catwalk Queen (hoped for the brownish one)

Tarina Tarantino in Blushing Bride (hoped for Park Ave Princess)

Can't complain because the box price alone was worth it for the mascara, but I can't help but wish there was a Boxycharm specific trade area.  Is there a way we can get one set one up?

Last edited by a moderator:
After resubscribing exclusively for the Harvey Prince, my box arrived with the Harvey Prince almost half leaked out. I contacted Boxycharm and was offered points as a replacement. Kinda bummed, since I only rejoined after the Harvey Prince spoiler.

I would also like to know if there is a trade thread for Boxycharm, there's a few things from this box I would like to trade (however I loved my previous 2-3 boxes and kept everything for myself!)

So this is my first month with Boxy Charm so I'm not entirely sure how the charms/points system works.

I realized finally that if I just review the products that I got in my box in their shop, that I will get 50 points per review.

However, I was wondering if they give points to review other products as well, or is it just the ones you go in your box? They have quite a few things in their shop that I own or have tried, so I was curious!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back