Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So am I the only one not thrilled by the spoiler? I think I'm starting to kind of dislike gloss. I do like hybrids, as they have higher pigmentation/staying power, but not regular glosses.

ETA: Which is a shame, because I have plenty of them to use up. Oops!
The problem is, everyone complains about the sticky feel for glosses, so brands try to take that out. If a gloss is not sticky, it will not have great staying power. A gloss is just a gloss, wear it on-top of lipstick for a glossy-shine, or by itself for a sheer wash of color. I do agree though that liquid lipsticks are nice, but they are called that because they are lipsticks, not glosses. I personally love this spoiler!

So am I the only one not thrilled by the spoiler? I think I'm starting to kind of dislike gloss. I do like hybrids, as they have higher pigmentation/staying power, but not regular glosses.

ETA: Which is a shame, because I have plenty of them to use up. Oops!
I'm not excited by the spoiler either. I don't particularly care for gloss and the description for these glosses says they are volumizing. Usually volumizing/plumping lip products irritate my lips so this might not be for me.

Oh, and just like you I have tons of gloss to use up - some of which are Tarte.

I'm going to stick around and see the other spoilers. If the other spoilers look good I'll still get the box and just trade the gloss.

The problem is, everyone complains about the sticky feel for glosses, so brands try to take that out. If a gloss is not sticky, it will not have great staying power. A gloss is just a gloss, wear it on-top of lipstick for a glossy-shine, or by itself for a sheer wash of color. I do agree though that liquid lipsticks are nice, but they are called that because they are lipsticks, not glosses. I personally love this spoiler!
Well, I guess between staying power and stickiness, I would pick to have the stickiness removed anyway. And yes, I do often wear glosses over lipstick. For me though, it is the hybrids that I am falling in love with. Not liquid lipsticks, as I tried the Too Faced Melted and found even it was a bit too drying for me, but actual hybrids. My favorite so far is the Lancome Lip Lover line. I also like the YSL glossy stains that I consider hybrids, but I've only tried a sample of them. I have one Dior fluidstick, but I don't find it as impressive. I also love Dior Addict/Extreme lipsticks and the YSL equivalent whose name I forget right now. To me, those are kind of hybrids too. They are lipstick like but they aren't drying and they give a bit of a sheen to the lips. I guess I'm just discovering what I like at long last. I also think maybe I'm a touch tired of Tarte, so perhaps that factors in as well. Who knows? Maybe I'll love it when I get it in my hands, lol!

Well, I guess between staying power and stickiness, I would pick to have the stickiness removed anyway. And yes, I do often wear glosses over lipstick. For me though, it is the hybrids that I am falling in love with. Not liquid lipsticks, as I tried the Too Faced Melted and found even it was a bit too drying for me, but actual hybrids. My favorite so far is the Lancome Lip Lover line. I also like the YSL glossy stains that I consider hybrids, but I've only tried a sample of them. I have one Dior fluidstick, but I don't find it as impressive. I also love Dior Addict/Extreme lipsticks and the YSL equivalent whose name I forget right now. To me, those are kind of hybrids too. They are lipstick like but they aren't drying and they give a bit of a sheen to the lips. I guess I'm just discovering what I like at long last. I also think maybe I'm a touch tired of Tarte, so perhaps that factors in as well. Who knows? Maybe I'll love it when I get it in my hands, lol!
Haha those YSL products always have the most fascinating names that I can not remember too! Yeah, I tried the Too Faced ones and though they were also on the drying side too.

I would love to get my hands on  a Boxy Charm subscription, but I think they only ship within the USA

Also, I took a look at the past year of boxycharms and we are due for a nail color/product in this September box, so I'm betting we will get something nail-related! Also, judging by how often they work with each brand, I'm thinking we will see Strangebeautiful, bellapierre, or lauren b. beauty in this box!
I was right on the nail polish! Now just waiting to see if I guessed one of this month's brands!

Yep, it is NCLA in Call my Agent, Cat Walk Queen, or Model Behavior...we just got a Lauren B red nail polish in June, so I am really hoping to get a color that is not red!

So it looks like Boxycharm is doing something similar to Ipsy!

Screenshot_35.png

This is what they said on their Facebook wall

"Earn Charms and use them to redeem full-sized & luxury sized bonus items in your next box! Here are some of the amazing products we are featuring in our Charm Shop! Xoxo, Your #BOXYCHARM Team

#tarte #StrangeBeautiful #ModelCO #PalmettoDerma #Eyelashi #BeABombshell #ElinBianco #Sparitual"

If you go under your acount on their website and look to the left, one of the links is about your charms and etc. Click on that and it shows you the items they have!

All of the items look great!

It also does not seem like it is super hard to get points!

Boxycharm has actually been doing this for a while now but the just never advertised it. I found out in my own by snooping on their website months back

I just saw this!!

Screenshot_49.png

First of all, I will probbaly be posting the spoiler in an half of hour lol (They are posting it at 12:30 on their Facebook) :smilehappyyes:

Anyways, looks like there will be another 20% off Tarte coupon in our boxes again! I know that they did it last time there was a Tarte product in our boxes (June?), but it is always great to have another one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!!! New Spoiler! Although this may not be the best brand, these palettes looks super cute!!! :smilehappyyes:

Screenshot_50.png

This is what Boxycharm said on their Facebook:

"September Sneak Peek #3: Coastal Scents Go Palette Jet-set around the Fashion Weeks of the world with Coastal Scents globally inspired Go Palettes in Paris, New York, Cairo, London, and Moscow! Each Charmer will be receiving 1 palette with a built in mirror and 12 eyeshadows that reflect the city they represent! Xoxo, your #BOXYCHARM Team <3"

^Looks like Boxycharm messed up a little bit, there is not New York, and they forgot to put Beijing in it too.^

(Looks like they fixed it on their post on Facebook)

They cost $8.95 USD right now on Costal Scents website!

Here are some swatches of each palette!

London:
Screenshot_51.png

Cairo:

Screenshot_52.png

Paris:

Screenshot_53.png

Beijing:

Screenshot_54.png

Moscow:

Screenshot_55.png

These all look really great! I am hope I will get Cairo or Beijing! Moscow looks fun too! Hopefully I will not get Paris though, that palette does not really interest me, it looks really dark.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!!! New Spoiler! Although this may not be the best brand, these palettes looks super cute!!! :smilehappyyes:

Screenshot_50.png

"September Sneak Peek #3: Coastal Scents Go Palette Jet-set around the Fashion Weeks of the world with Coastal Scents globally inspired Go Palettes in Paris, New York, Cairo, London, and Moscow! Each Charmer will be receiving 1 palette with a built in mirror and 12 eyeshadows that reflect the city they represent! Xoxo, your #BOXYCHARM Team <3"

^Looks like Boxycharm messed up a little bit, there is not New York, and they forgot to put Beijing in it too.^

London:

Screenshot_51.png

Cairo:

Screenshot_52.png

Paris:

Screenshot_53.png

Beijing:

Screenshot_54.png

Moscow:

Screenshot_55.png

These all look really great! I am hope I will get Cairo or Beijing! Moscow looks fun too! Hopefully I will not get Paris though, that palette does not really interest me, it looks really dark.

What do you guys think?
I don't like Cairo or Paris at all. Not really feeling Beijing either. London would be my first choice and Moscow looks ok. Makes me a bit nervous of which one I'll get, tbh, and I get the impression it is hard to trade because not as many people sub to Boxycharm. Oh well, sending out good vibrations into the universe for London...

Does anyone know if you have to stay subbed for 3 months consecutively to get the charm points? Or, if you unsub for a month or two and then sign back up, will you get the points after 3 boxes?

Does anyone know if you have to stay subbed for 3 months consecutively to get the charm points? Or, if you unsub for a month or two and then sign back up, will you get the points after 3 boxes?
No, you don't have to remain subscribed for any period of time to receive charm points. You get some upon joining, then with every referral, they credit you with 500 charms, and for every product review, you get 50 charms.

I've unsubbed and resubbed and all my points were still there. Also, I was able to go back and review a box which wasn't  "live" in their shop products for review when I unsubbed.

No, you don't have to remain subscribed for any period of time to receive charm points. You get some upon joining, then with every referral, they credit you with 500 charms, and for every product review, you get 50 charms.

I've unsubbed and resubbed and all my points were still there. Also, I was able to go back and review a box which wasn't  "live" in their shop products for review when I unsubbed.
Thanks. I was talking about the loyalty points though. I think that's what they are called. Sorry I didn't explain that well. I believe it is 450 points after 3 months. I'm still wondering if I shouldn't just skip this month though. While I like Tarte, the gloss doesn't excite me.

Derp, as I was writing this, I happened to recall that I'm supposed to be getting a replacement item in my box for a broken item last month. Rats!!! Guess I shouldn't skip after all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks. I was talking about the loyalty points though. I think that's what they are called. Sorry I didn't explain that well. I believe it is 450 points after 3 months. I'm still wondering if I shouldn't just skip this month though. While I like Tarte, the gloss doesn't excite me.

Derp, as I was writing this, I happened to recall that I'm supposed to be getting a replacement item in my box for a broken item last month. Rats!!! Guess I shouldn't skip after all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I didn't know they had loyalty points. They are holding up 400 points of mine- would be enough to get one of any of their products with the points added in, and I haven't subbed to this box for very long at all.

Screenshot_50.png

London:

Screenshot_51.png

Cairo:

Screenshot_52.png

Paris:

Screenshot_53.png

Beijing:

Screenshot_54.png

Moscow:

Screenshot_55.png

What do you guys think?
I bought them all a year or so ago, and never used a single one. Threw them away about 2 months ago. The quality is " OK" but they aren't an exciting product to me. I like the Tarte product much better than the NCLA polish or the Coastal Scents shadows.

I think I read in their FAQ or something that you have to remain subbed.  Or maybe it was in that email I just got. I unsubbed for two months so I wont be getting them.  It's not worth it anyway.  To stay subbed for items you don't want just to get Charms.  Know what I mean?

I think I read in their FAQ or something that you have to remain subbed.  Or maybe it was in that email I just got. I unsubbed for two months so I wont be getting them.  It's not worth it anyway.  To stay subbed for items you don't want just to get Charms.  Know what I mean?
Yeah, I know. I actually think I would cancel if it wasn't for the replacement item, which they said would be in my next box. Sucks that they couldn't just send it to me by itself. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back