Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The second spoiler is supposed to post by 2:00 pm EST!!  It says on their website $100 value in this box!  I am really liking this sub!  I hope the next spoiler is a good one!

Second spoiler..

Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen

10563035_488505291293888_8820093534466287195_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, I've heard good things about Tarina Tarantino's lipsticks. I think I'm going to wait to see what else is in the box though before I consider subscribing again.

Well, the bronzer didn't do a whole lot for me, but more Tarina Tarintino definitely has me interested! Guess we'll see if there's anything else that gets me to resub.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm undecided whether I will like this box or not. It's coming, I'm just not liking the promos too well at all. I dislike most bronzers as I am so very fair, most look like a bad fake tan in the areas I use the product.

AND, knowing me, I will get some horribly stupid lip color like I usually do with lip and nail colors in sub boxes. If there is an orange shade, I get that one. Looks horrible on me. 

The 3rd spoiler is up on FB...I don't know how to hide it when posting from my phone...I don't want to ruin any surprises...

I saw it. I'm sure most people will be really happy to have another one.. I've gotten about 6 of those in the past 3 months. Mostly from my Beauteque.com orders. And 2 from New Beauty Test Tube.. One day, they will all get used or given away or something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I just subscribed to Boxy Charm for the first time!  The Tarina Tarintino product got me!  I fell in love with her eyeshadow in my July Wantable box.  I use bronzers, but they must be matte.  I guess they do make a bit of an orange cast sometimes.  I have been interested in trying the taupe "bronzers" for fall/winter contouring.  I like Ofra, in general.  I just hope I don't get red, orange or purple lipstick.  The upside?  Shouldn't be too hard to trade a Tarina Tarintino lipstick! 

I saw it. I'm sure most people will be really happy to have another one.. I've gotten about 6 of those in the past 3 months. Mostly from my Beauteque.com orders. And 2 from New Beauty Test Tube.. One day, they will all get used or given away or something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The 3rd spoiler is up on FB...I don't know how to hide it when posting from my phone...I don't want to ruin any surprises...
Are those things in the spoiler any good?  I had never heard of that brand.  And the price seems inflated and a few of them look like "IT" knockoffs to me.

Well, I got my first Boxycharm ever in the mail today. I would've been impressed, except that my bronzer was shattered. Frustrating considering the fact that it was supposed to be the big wow item that was worth the most money. Also, I was sad to get one of the 2 out of 7 lipsticks I didn't want--Showroom--since the lipstick was what I wanted most. That said, I've wanted to try the Model Co lip/cheek tint forever, so yah! The brush was much better quality than I'd expected. I got the white/multi colored one, S19, but it looked more angled than domed, which is what they call it on their website. Wonder if that's why they sent them out? No bother. I like the angled nature of it better than I'd like it if it were more rounded actually. The Ofra lip pencil is meh. Good color, but Ofra just doesn't impress me.

Anyway, I wrote to them an included pictures of my broken bronzer. I'm not surprised it broke. They had zero padding around it. I would expect to see many customers getting broken bronzers this month actually. I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot, but I figured since my bronzer was broken, I'd ask if they could send another lipstick as a replacement instead. Couldn't hurt to ask. At least it is a cheaper product. I haven't tried it yet as I'm not sure I'm keeping it. So sad I got the light, light pink! I actually asked if they could send Queen Anne, and if not that, then Watermelon Wow or Pink Elephant. I hope they don't think I broke the bronzer on purpose as I swear 100% I did not. You guys know me on here well enough to know I wouldn't do that. I just figure they owe me something, but I don't really want the bronzer, and if you don't ask they can't say yes. Anyone have any experience with broken products and Boxycharm?

PS--I tried to add pics here, but they came out HUGE!

Well, I got my first Boxycharm ever in the mail today. I would've been impressed, except that my bronzer was shattered. Frustrating considering the fact that it was supposed to be the big wow item that was worth the most money. Also, I was sad to get one of the 2 out of 7 lipsticks I didn't want--Showroom--since the lipstick was what I wanted most. That said, I've wanted to try the Model Co lip/cheek tint forever, so yah! The brush was much better quality than I'd expected. I got the white/multi colored one, S19, but it looked more angled than domed, which is what they call it on their website. Wonder if that's why they sent them out? No bother. I like the angled nature of it better than I'd like it if it were more rounded actually. The Ofra lip pencil is meh. Good color, but Ofra just doesn't impress me.

Anyway, I wrote to them an included pictures of my broken bronzer. I'm not surprised it broke. They had zero padding around it. I would expect to see many customers getting broken bronzers this month actually. I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot, but I figured since my bronzer was broken, I'd ask if they could send another lipstick as a replacement instead. Couldn't hurt to ask. At least it is a cheaper product. I haven't tried it yet as I'm not sure I'm keeping it. So sad I got the light, light pink! I actually asked if they could send Queen Anne, and if not that, then Watermelon Wow or Pink Elephant. I hope they don't think I broke the bronzer on purpose as I swear 100% I did not. You guys know me on here well enough to know I wouldn't do that. I just figure they owe me something, but I don't really want the bronzer, and if you don't ask they can't say yes. Anyone have any experience with broken products and Boxycharm?

Last month I couldn't get my Tarina Tarantino highlighter to dispense and I emailed them about it. Several days later I got a response saying they would send me a replacement in the next box, but I cancelled, so I didn't get it. Someone here explained to me that if you shake it, it will stop working, and it did, so I didn't need the replacement anyway. But apparently I would only have got the replacement if I remained subscribed and bought the next month's box.

Last month I couldn't get my Tarina Tarantino highlighter to dispense and I emailed them about it. Several days later I got a response saying they would send me a replacement in the next box, but I cancelled, so I didn't get it. Someone here explained to me that if you shake it, it will stop working, and it did, so I didn't need the replacement anyway. But apparently I would only have got the replacement if I remained subscribed and bought the next month's box.
Ooh...I don't like hearing that at all! Granted, I was probably going to stay subbed, but with or without paying them any more money, they owe me what they promised me in the first place! Thanks for the warning. My love affair with them might turn out to be short lived. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh...I don't like hearing that at all! Granted, I was probably going to stay subbed, but with or without paying them any more money, they owe me what they promised me in the first place! Thanks for the warning. My love affair with them might turn out to be short lived. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah, I never did get a replacement from them. If I hadn't figured out that mine wasn't actually broken, I guess I would have contacted them when I decided to cancel. But it turned out they didn't owe me anything - though they didn't know that!

My bronzer is the " Showroom" one and it's orange-y to me.

And my TT lip gloss stick is the dark berry color which I hate and will never use.

I like the cheek stain, it looks wearable, but just like the " Melted" sample in the Allure box, mine feels almost empty. I don't know what happens with the things I like- they are usually the product with the least amount per volume.

I hope they get your blush fixed up. The compact is sort of pretty. and you may love bronzer. Wish I could hand you mine through the computer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone else not received their box yet?  I haven't even gotten shipping notice, but they charged my card over a week ago.  I sent them an email, but just thought it a little strange.  The last two came with no problem, shortly after being charged.  I know they send them based on when you sign up, but I thought it was supposed to be within 5-10 days of being billed?  I just want my box already!!

Latest posts

Back