2009-2010 NHL Hockey Chatter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here was the Sports Illustrated cover. see the SI curse does not apply!

It has been 3 years since SI featured a Hockey cover (in the US). This just makes the point what an idiot the commisioner of the NHL is. The Olympics is primed to raise the profile of hockey in the US. Although I will readily admit that the "Miracle on Ice" in 1980 failed to do that.

i just saw that head shot Matt Cooke (Pittsburgh) did on Marc Savard of Boston. What a dirty player! and that is the third time in like 14 months! 5 games suspension hopefully if not more. I was reading where they want to make head shot suspensions even more significant by having the team not able to replace suspended players. Sounds like a good rule to me.

Wow what a day for sports! Caps on NBC early but so were a bunch of basketball games.

Caps vs Chicago (preview of the Stanley Cup Final?)

Ovechkin tossed for a questionable boarding call. Caps go down 3-0 heading into third. Amazingly Caps come back to tie. and then win it in OT. Nice win.

Caps first team to 100!

ps Duke won ACC tournament tooo! not a bad day.
brsh.gif

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Geez you have nice gams Karren - I love your shoes too! Yeah... I always over dress... according to my wife.... but if you can do that in heels you can do it on the ice... lol

The playoffs are just around the corner so I thought I'd try to revive the best forum in MUT.

1 - The London Nationals are out. Unfortunately they did not win the Ontario Junior B league. Better luck next year.

2 - Back to the playoffs:

Any predictions as to who will make them, besides:

Wash, Pitts, Sabres, New J or Ott in the East

San Jose, Chicago, phoenix or Vancouver in the West

I'm hoping that the leafs get in but they have a huge hill to climb.

Love to see Montreal not make it.

Tired of NY R getting in and then losing - so no to them.

Maybe the Thrashers would be a dark horse and make the playoffs.

Haven't followed the west but I hope that Calgary makes it

Phoenix is a nice surprise - they might be the surprise hit of the entire year

And don't hold your breath on Wash - they won't get passed the 2nd round - sorry Darla

we shall see! i think the Caps are built for the long haul. I think they are just salivating for Pittsburgh. Lets see they have beat them now 3 times, w 1 to go

Wash and Pitts won't meet until the third round. And since the second round will be wash's demise - there will be no remake.

Realistically, I think the Chicago will win the west division.

Whoever they play for the finals - that will be the best series to watch.

Might be Pitts, never know.

awww you're just saying that because you don't like Ovechkin. they should bench him, they've done great when he's been out due to injury or suspension

Hey, Toronto just won in OT - Sorry NY R...not

I do like Ovechkin - he's great for the league but he is a dirty player.

Just wait Darla - someone is gonna lay him right out.

And just wait for all the players (besides Wash) to come to his defense.

Oh, you might want to get a pillow and take a nap cause it's gonna be a long wait...

If I recall, they did do better at the end of the season rather than the first.

If you continue to follow hockey you will learn that all team including Wash will have good and bad years. I guarantee that in 7 years, Wash will be struggling to get into the playoffs.

i get it, but hey just let me enjoy it for now! there are people who wait a lifetime for a season like this

Its called hockey and thanks for sharing.

Rangers out, at least i hope so

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif i get it, but hey just let me enjoy it for now! there are people who wait a lifetime for a season like this Stop being such a Drama Queen!
Time to get a life (or a new team) if ya wait a lifetime for a great season.

I get it I don't deserve the right to whine unless i have been a life long Leafs fan.

26_b.jpg

.................................................. ......................Drama Queen

I think I officially love this forum. A hockey thread?! I may be in heaven.

WRT the Leafs: I'm a diehard Sharks fan, but it's looking like TO's setting themselves up for a bright future. Wilson and co have a proven record of success, and if he stays on board for the next season, I can see great things happening. Jiggy is going to be a good mentor for Gustavsson, and if they can get offense from someone other than Phil Kessel, they'll have some impact in the east.

Welcome to the hockey forum goheater!

We don't follow the western division much here.

How do the Sharks look?

Who do you think will take the Western division?

I'm thinking the The Hawks might take it.

Latest posts

Back