Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought, but it really bugs me when new palettes come out and the only bloggers that are given the chance to review are lighter-skinned. I'm not knocking on the bloggers who have reviewed Naked 3, because I follow quite a few of them and greatly admire them. But as a darker skinned woman, I have no idea how these shades will look on my skin and I never know until I purchase. I love Urban Decay, especially the Naked line, but I wish they would open this up to a wider variety of bloggers. 
Mel rose on YouTube isn't light skinned she's very tan and she got to review naked 3. Just have too look out there because they didn't only send it to light skinned people.

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Check out Karen at Makeupandbeautyblog.com  She is Filipino and did a review and  they look gorgeous on her skin!  Actually she looks good in everything
Agreed! She made me decide so easy to get this (even if I do not need it) because we have the same skin tone. Arrrggh! Can't wait!!
mad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Check out Karen at Makeupandbeautyblog.com  She is Filipino and did a review and  they look gorgeous on her skin!  Actually she looks good in everything
i agree. i go to her for makeup reviews because we have the same foundation shade (nc42 in mac). if it looks good on her then it looks good on me. 

Thank you all for your replies! I'd been trying to find reviews for darker skinned women, not sure why these didn't pop up! 

She is a bit darker than me and her writing style gets on my nerves sometimes BUT her posts are so helpful and help me compare easily to my own skin tone. I think I listen to Karen because she looks like one of my mom's friends!

Agreed! She made me decide so easy to get this (even if I do not need it) because we have the same skin tone. Arrrggh! Can't wait!!:mad:
i agree. i go to her for makeup reviews because we have the same foundation shade (nc42 in mac). if it looks good on her then it looks good on me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She is a bit darker than me and her writing style gets on my nerves sometimes BUT her posts are so helpful and help me compare easily to my own skin tone. I think I listen to Karen because she looks like one of my mom's friends!

Same here, she's a little bit darker than me as well but I read her reviews regarding products and also do some research on other blog sites. I love pink undertones and usually do pretty well with it based on my skin tone so I definitley can't wait for this palette.

I'm probably just out of the loop, but all the bloggers I followed before lurking on this forum were darker skinned Hispanic women or Filipino women. I hadn't found any pale bloggers that wrote well. I'm not a fan of my Naked palette. But I do like the reformulated UD shadows so I'm hoping I like the Naked 3 because the colours look great. I'll probably pick it up and be set for rose toned colours haha

I need another eyeshadow palette like I need a second head but I am absolutely getting this. I've started to think of my self as a makeup collector. This makes me feel less guilty about buying things that I want but don't need.

I'm most interested in these shades:

Strange

Burnout

Buzz

Nooner (I think I'd get a lot of use out of htis as a crease shade blended out with Limit)

Darkside (This one lookd so interesting!)

So I received the press release from Urban Decay today about NAKED3, the new double-ended eyeliners as well as two new nail polishes. Of course no dates were given HOWEVER considering who I am and what I do... well let's just say I've been a busy, naughty girl this afternoon and went snooping. I found the links to the new items - which are currently not exactly live however the links are not going to http://www.urbandecay.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-UrbanDecay-Site/default/Home-ErrorNotFound which means if the item link didn't exist it would redirect to that link. (For those of you who recall I use to do Birchbox spoilers, essentially same thing on the UD site.)

I also found a Black Friday exclusive for their Super Saturated Lip Pencil bundle however like the NAKED3 link it's currently 404ing so I have no idea what it is exactly much less the price for it.

I rarely reach for my naked 1 and 2 palettes as it is, not that I don't like them, I just have so many. I told myself I was not getting the "basics" palette then turned around and bought it anyway..so, no I'm not getting the naked 3 palette, but if I do, you are officially allowed to shoot me and make off with my rolling makeup tower.

Quote: Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I rarely reach for my naked 1 and 2 palettes as it is, not that I don't like them, I just have so many. I told myself I was not getting the "basics" palette then turned around and bought it anyway..so, no I'm not getting the naked 3 palette, but if I do, you are officially allowed to shoot me and make off with my rolling makeup tower.

Shotgun! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ah!! I want it nooooow!! But not needing it. Geeez! I can't make up my mind!
mad.gif

Hahaha ditto! And I kind of want to wait 'til it's on Sephora so I can get my points/samples/promo code stuff. 

But I'm feeling a little impulsive and thinking about just ordering it now. 
wink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hahaha ditto! And I kind of want to wait 'til it's on Sephora so I can get my points/samples/promo code stuff. 

But I'm feeling a little impulsive and thinking about just ordering it now. 
wink.gif

Same here. I restrained myself from the VIB sale, I do not want to miss this one neither. I have Sephora separation anxiety for 3 months now. it's driving me nuts.
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back