Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Why the @#%& don't they just have the ability to preorder, like in new video game releases? Is it to hype it up even more and make sure people jump on it for fear of not getting it? I guess that would be the case. They should really, really consider looking into preorders, though. It never scares the video game market about getting profit.

Logistically, it can make sense to do pre-orders for some games, particularly ones with multi-player components, as then the game has a strong player base from the very beginning that makes it worthwhile to play. Also, while some people want the physical goodies, many many players are satisfied with just the activation keys. These keys are very easy to create, distribute, and sell. It should be noted that some publishers use the pre-orders to further finance the game development before release. 

Naked 3 doesn't need a pre-order for hype building - UD and their Naked line are very well known. I believe the stores will be far more concerned about trying to keep it in stock (especially as a holiday-time release) than about finding buyers. Also, at this point, it is likely that stores do not know how many they are going to get, or know that they will be receiving a very limited quantity with uncertainty regarding re-shipments.

I wonder how this palette will work with my red hair/freckles. I am light but not too fair ,very neutral in that I don't tend to be warm or cool. Any ideas??

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeeOmega /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Logistically, it can make sense to do pre-orders for some games, particularly ones with multi-player components, as then the game has a strong player base from the very beginning that makes it worthwhile to play. Also, while some people want the physical goodies, many many players are satisfied with just the activation keys. These keys are very easy to create, distribute, and sell. It should be noted that some publishers use the pre-orders to further finance the game development before release. 

Naked 3 doesn't need a pre-order for hype building - UD and their Naked line are very well known. I believe the stores will be far more concerned about trying to keep it in stock (especially as a holiday-time release) than about finding buyers. Also, at this point, it is likely that stores do not know how many they are going to get, or know that they will be receiving a very limited quantity with uncertainty regarding re-shipments.

Good points. But I wonder why urbandecay.com wouldn't take pre-orders? I guess they don't want to keep the other retailers from getting orders?

I'm getting really excited for this palette! I love rose gold! I made a little set on polyvore in celebration of this palette!

jlgansen- I think the palette could look really lovely with your red hair. I am thinking you might use the browner end of the palette, but I'm not really great at choosing colors, and I don't know what you really look like, that's just my initial thought! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At first I was kinda meh about this, but after reading some blog posts I think next year I'm going to get it. I am already buying N2 and Lorac Pro this year with my birthday money (on Black Friday I'm getting them...) so N3 will have to wait. I think I'm start to have an addiction to HE makeup too...:icon_eek:

I have already put aside some money for this pallete lol just in case something else comes up, I want to be sure I can get this palette

eastofthesun - thanks!  I am also obsessing over rose gold and LOVE that look you created!!  I would probably use more of the browner shades but since I always go for neutral brown, I think the mauve-y shades will help me experiment outside my comfort zone.  I can't wait!!

I can't tell you guys how jealous I'am to see this on instagram. They're doing a sort of treasure hunt in each city and the prize is this! So if you got the time, you should check it out! The release must be coming soon...and @eastofthesun rose gold is one of my absolute favorites, can't wait for this release!

For someone who

I'm in the minority but I'm not feeling this palette. Half of the colors are too light for me. Also considering that my Naked 2 palette has been used only once in the last six months I can't justify buying this.
for someone who hardly wears eyeshaddow would you recommend buying it

I can't tell you guys how jealous I'am to see this on instagram. They're doing a sort of treasure hunt in each city and the prize is this! So if you got the time, you should check it out! The release must be coming soon...and @eastofthesun  rose gold is one of my absolute favorites, can't wait for this release!
The problem is they are only doing the giveaway in 3 cities. So, this giveaway is useless to everyone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The problem is they are only doing the giveaway in 3 cities. So, this giveaway is useless to everyone else.
Yup useless to me too living in CO

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup and they already did LA and Austin, so what's left? Prob NYC. I'll be in DC crying lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yup and they already did LA and Austin, so what's left? Prob NYC. I'll be in DC crying lol.
If only I was still in Texas, I could have went to the Austin one! Sadly no one ever does anything for Iowa.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't tell you guys how jealous I'am to see this on instagram. They're doing a sort of treasure hunt in each city and the prize is this! So if you got the time, you should check it out! The release must be coming soon...and @eastofthesun rose gold is one of my absolute favorites, can't wait for this release!

Whoa, can I just say that the packaging of that treasure hunt gift is to die for? It's so cute. I love how they took the palette theme and put the three palettes in a box like they are the eye shadows. It's like a humongous naked palette!

Who knows, maybe they'll possibly be selling a set like the online? I don't think I'd shell out the $ for it, but it could happen. I am pretty sure the first two palettes won't go well with my skin shade, so I'm just in it for N3. But still, really freaking cute packaging!!!!! Lucky ducks!

Scavenger Hunt Periods Begins On Time Ends On Time Location 1 November 18, 2013 9:00 AM PST November 18, 2013 5:00 PM PST Los Angeles, CA 2 November 19, 2013 9:00 AM CST November 19, 2013 5:00 PM CST Austin, TX 3 November 20, 2013 9:00 AM EST November 20, 2013 5:00 PM EST New York, NY

Scavenger Hunt Periods
Begins On
Time
Ends On
Time
Location 1 November 18, 2013 9:00 AM PST November 18, 2013 5:00 PM PST Los Angeles, CA 2 November 19, 2013 9:00 AM CST November 19, 2013 5:00 PM CST Austin, TX 3 November 20, 2013 9:00 AM EST November 20, 2013 5:00 PM EST New York, NY  
Blah really disappointed there's nothing in DC! Edit: No idea why it created that huge space, and won't let me edit it.

I cant wait till this pallet comes out. I just hope it wont sale out before Ican get my hands on it.

I wish I could take advantage of living in NYC for that Naked challenge, but it really sucks. The rules say 18 or older. I'm only 17 Dx 

Just a thought, but it really bugs me when new palettes come out and the only bloggers that are given the chance to review are lighter-skinned. I'm not knocking on the bloggers who have reviewed Naked 3, because I follow quite a few of them and greatly admire them. But as a darker skinned woman, I have no idea how these shades will look on my skin and I never know until I purchase. I love Urban Decay, especially the Naked line, but I wish they would open this up to a wider variety of bloggers. 

Quote: Originally Posted by GiggleBlush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just a thought, but it really bugs me when new palettes come out and the only bloggers that are given the chance to review are lighter-skinned. I'm not knocking on the bloggers who have reviewed Naked 3, because I follow quite a few of them and greatly admire them. But as a darker skinned woman, I have no idea how these shades will look on my skin and I never know until I purchase. I love Urban Decay, especially the Naked line, but I wish they would open this up to a wider variety of bloggers. 
Check out Karen at Makeupandbeautyblog.com  She is Filipino and did a review and  they look gorgeous on her skin!  Actually she looks good in everything

Latest posts

Back