Target "Beauty is All the Buzz" Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have it available on their facebook page.  I saw someone started a thread but I thought I'd post it here just in case someone happens across it.

https://www.facebook.com/TargetStyle
Yes, I posted the link in the Shopping section. All I had to do was fill out my typical shipping and contact info, and it said I would receive my bag in a few weeks (I can't remember if it was 2~4 weeks or 4~6). One of our ladies said she tried like twenty times and finally got through. That was much earlier in the day, so I would imagine they ran out. I was expecting it to tell me that there was a qualifying purchase, but it didn't.

you can get them with a qualifying purchase on the Target website, you just have to buy 3 items from the Best of Beauty. I actually ended up doing that because I couldn't get through on the FB page! But they don't ship beauty items to PO boxes, which is annoying!

Is the lipgloss/stick a blister sample? I think that's what those cards are called where you peel off the "sticker" and the product sample is underneath.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the lipgloss/stick a blister sample? I think that's what those cards are called where you peel off the "sticker" and the product sample is underneath.
It is L'oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, and yes, it is a blister sample!

The products inside the bag are:

1. Simple - Cleansing Facial Wipes
2. Neutrogena - Visibly bright daily facial cleanser

3. Pantene - Flat to volume Conditioner

4. Nivea - Extended Moisture daily lotion

5. L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light infusing Primer

6. Coupons

I received my bag last week and loved it. There's no lipstick/gloss in the bag. That is a coupon book for some of the products in the bag. The other "card" product is a primer.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think its funny that it was a beauty bag but no actual beauty products. But Im glad I got it since I love the bag and the simple wipes! The rest Ill be throwing in the trade box once it gets to me.

You wouldn't consider the L'Oreal stuff to be a beauty product? Just curious, since I often use that as a highlighter.

Plus, from a marketing standpoint, I can see how it all falls under the "beauty" category--Three skincare items, a hair care product, and an item that could be classified as makeup.

I personally dont find all of this beauty. I never thought hair care or lotions were considered a beauty products. Makeup remover and primer I'll give to them. But I had an expectation of like a cute sample of revlon butter, or an eyeshadow. But I've never gotten one before and it looks like this does follow past bags. I guess I had my expectations too high.

But I adore the bag! I also received a different cleanser. I received a blue colored bottle. I dont have it on hand but I think it was some kind of foaming cleanser.

Actually all skin care and haircare products are considered beauty products as they all are steps to making yourself beautiful. You probably wouldn't walk out of your house if your skin looked like world war three hit it or if your hair went through a hurricane. Make up is just another form of beauty that's used to hide imperfections and add a little extra :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They may be technically considered beauty. But when I think beauty products my mind goes straight to cosmetics, which is what I mean. I don't know if it was the fact that the advertisement said it'll be loaded with the newest spring  essentials that I was thinking new spring colors and makeup. And the box had the cute little target logo in the red powder. But either way free is free.

Yeh I understand I actually was hoping for a blush, but then again I did forget all about it so when I got it I was like ohh mail :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was happy to receive this bag. Free is of course the biggest reason. My samples look to be almost the same as Baby Mafalda's, except that my Pantene shampoo is in a rectangular bottle instead of the kind that has a loop for hanging. For those of you that received a different cleanser, I would be interested to know what it is, if you get a chance to look.

Yeah! Received my bag in the mail! Love the little pouch but since I'm a member of myglam, I receive a makeup bag every month. Regardless, I'm happy! Not many things are free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally received my Target bag today! Very nice. I'm most interested in trying the shampoo (haven't been loving my current shampoo for color treated hair) and the primer. I have a business trip and a vacation planned this summer and the travel sizes will be a space saving convenience.

What a pleasant surprise! I thought that I did not sign up for one. While I was reading the thread, I was saying, I wish I signed up. Checked our mailbox and it was there!

Getting something in the mail like this is really awesome! (I also had the previous sample bag)

I do not know if anyone is aware, I also received one from Procter and Gamble, I forgot where and when i signed up but that one is awesome too!

I think it was probably just called a "beauty" bag because all those superstores lump everything into their "health and beauty" or just "beauty" sections--more reflective of their labeling than the usual definition of a beauty product. I only have one other target bag, but it had a chapstick and tons of coupons for beauty products--not so much with this one it seems (mostly coupons for haircare/lotion).

The nivea lotion feels/smells amazing! I can never say no to a mini purse-friendly lotion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and travel-size makeup wipes are great--I'll stick them in my car 'in case of emergencies' lol.

haha just out of observation--the wipes say "simply goodness" and highlight how it doesn't have alcohol, perfumes, harsh dyes, etc; the packaging is green with a leaf-motif, they repeat the word "goodness", the brand name includes 'simple', etc, so it totally looks like it'd have a natural/simple list of ingredients.. but it technically contains 3 types of alcohol (not ethyl though) and two parabens. not that it's going to stop me in any way from using it or that I think it's not a good product, it just goes to show you how packaging really influences how you see a product.

yeah their website's faq even goes on a long, winded response of why they use parabens and how they are nature ya de da. My favorite cleansing wipes are still the Josie Maran ones. The simple brand left my face a little sticky. 

Hello!!

Target is giving another Beauty Bag!!! I just got mine!!! Yeah!!!!

"Target FB: The wait is over, the summer beauty bag is here! Sign up to request a mix of our summer favorites: http://tgt.bz/summerbb "

Good Luck!!!

Back