MaMa Lotion users?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used it and my skin started peeling but then the scar turned into a bump so i quit using it. Someone else i read on another thread had this happen to them.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used it and my skin started peeling but then the scar turned into a bump so i quit using it. Someone else i read on another thread had this happen to them. What kind of bump? a pimple? I thought the skin was supposed to "purge"

Originally Posted by belleV81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i want to be able to see before and after pics!
has anyone had success on acne scars or any other scars?

how soon should i see results? i just tried it today

there are some before and afters in this thread.
i didn't have any scars, just hyperpigmentation issues, so i couldn't tell you if it can resurface your skin, but it did improve the texture of my skin.

i started to see results in about 1 to 2 weeks.

i hope this helps!

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you give us a list of the ingredients in this product? here's the link to the product i purchased. the ingredients are at the bottom of the page.
MaMa Lotion - Mandelic & Malic Acid

btw, i am still using the product from time to time to get rid of blemishes or fade dark spots. i'm now using it to fade some marks on my feet. still my hg skincare treatment!

so its important to use sunscreen/moisturizer huh? it peeled some old skin off. has anyone had any luck having old marks peeled off?

Originally Posted by belleV81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif so its important to use sunscreen/moisturizer huh? it peeled some old skin off. has anyone had any luck having old marks peeled off? yes, you have to moisturize and protect! i use aveeno skin brightening moisturizer with spf 15.

Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif What kind of bump? a pimple? I thought the skin was supposed to "purge" not a pimple its like it peeled the skin surrounding the scar but not the scar so theres like a raised bump now. ugh

oh sorry emily
frown.gif
so that means you have to stop? I'll remember that for when I try it (going to order it! I hope it works!!)

Yeah i was excited that it seemed like it was working but then it made it worse so now im not sure what to do. lol

I think the website has some info on that

I hope I don't like forget to put sunscreen on one day or something. Guys right now you can get 20% off by using promo code "mom20"

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use it as a spot or area treatment. maybe once the lower part of my face matches the upper, then i start using it all over. i'll be posting updates on my progress later this week. Just wondering if you have gotten to this stage yet. Also, can Mama work with facial care oils? How does this sound (I really don't want to screw up and have it not work for me!)(night time use, twice a week)

wash face, toner, apply moisturizer/oil, dab on some mama lotion, a little aloe on top

Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think the website has some info on thatI hope I don't like forget to put sunscreen on one day or something. Guys right now you can get 20% off by using promo code "mom20"

Just wondering if you have gotten to this stage yet. Also, can Mama work with facial care oils? How does this sound (I really don't want to screw up and have it not work for me!)

(night time use, twice a week)

wash face, toner, apply moisturizer/oil, dab on some mama lotion, a little aloe on top

sounds like exactly the process i use. it's worked well for me. i never use it directly on my skin. in my opinion, you see better results over time. i wouldn't expect a 2 week wonder cure. also, be sure not to overuse this product. i think every other day is more than enough. more than that could cause excessive peeling. then after about a month i took a break for about two weeks to give my skin a chance to normalize.

Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think the website has some info on thatI hope I don't like forget to put sunscreen on one day or something. Guys right now you can get 20% off by using promo code "mom20"

Just wondering if you have gotten to this stage yet. Also, can Mama work with facial care oils? How does this sound (I really don't want to screw up and have it not work for me!)

(night time use, twice a week)

that's how i do it, except the very last step. in the beginning i used the mama lotion on a clean, unmoisturized face and i'd be peeling badly for the rest of the week and have to scrub the flakes off every night (leaving my face kind of raw and red - super attractive...). but i do still spot treat like that if i have a gnarly dark spot that refuses to fade.

This product sounds amazing,almost too good to be true,I knew there must be a catch.I check the ingredients and this lotion has polyacrylamide as a 5 ingredient:

Water, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Algae Extract, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ubiquinone, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance, Squalane, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Butylparaben.

Polyacrylamide may cause cancer if U use this lotion too long.Mama lotion also has sillicons( they can clog pores).

I dont think I am gonna buy it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CzarnyElf /img/forum/go_quote.gif This product sounds amazing,almost too good to be true,I knew there must be a catch.I check the ingredients and this lotion has polyacrylamide as a 5 ingredient:
Water, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Algae Extract, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ubiquinone, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance, Squalane, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Butylparaben.

Polyacrylamide may cause cancer if U use this lotion too long.Mama lotion also has sillicons( they can clog pores).

I dont think I am gonna buy it
frown.gif

Where did you find this information? I just looked the ingredient up, and I haven't read anything regarding it causing cancer. Acrylamide by itself is toxic (neurotoxin), but polymerized it's quite safe. It's used to manufacture soft contact lenses and as a subdermal filler (like collagen and restylane) in Europe.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where did you find this information? I just looked the ingredient up, and I haven't read anything regarding it causing cancer. Acrylamide by itself is toxic (neurotoxin), but polymerized it's quite safe. It's used to manufacture soft contact lenses and as a subdermal filler (like collagen and restylane) in Europe. I found this info on polish beauty forum.This is the link and adresses to the web page the info is from:Forum Wizaz.pl - Podgl±d pojedynczej wiadomo¶ci - Kuracje kwasowo-retinoidowe: opisy do¶wiadczeñ na w³asnej skórze!

I don't think polyacrylamide is carcinogenic (cancer-causing). If you check your lotions or gels, there is a high chance that you will find polyacrylamide in it. Basically it is used to formulate gels, and are used in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. I believe that it is FDA approved (correct me if I am wrong), so I speculate that your chances of dying of skin cancer from it is not much higher than getting eaten by a shark.

Actually I took a look at the ingredients, and I'm more worried about the high amounts of acids and potassium hydroxide (a really strong base) in it. Those are some really strong ingredients! I have some acne marks on my face that I'd like to get rid of, and some scars from operations and such, but I'm wary about putting powerful chemicals on my face. Did anyone get adverse reactions?

I'm going to post some before and afters soon. I was supposed to use MaMa tonight but I'm out lol (yes, out and STILL on MuT. sheesh)

stopped using it for a bit because its so drying and i used it like days in a row cause i loved the results,but it made my skin so dry, starting it again only twice a week :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so far so good. really does work
smile.gif
gotta give it a chance

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm super excited! My MaMa lotion arrived on Saturday. I'm hoping to begin using it tonight...haven't washed my face yet, but hoping to do so in the next half an hour. Anyway...what I was wanting to know is if I can use my Neutrogena Oil free acne wash cream cleanser tonght, moisturize, apply MaMa Lotion and then remoisturize those spots? It says not to use MaMa lotion over or under any other AHA and I'm not sure if the salicyclic acid in the cleanser is an AHA. I've tried to do a search but the search feature evidently hates me and is not pulling up the article that I just read about this very topic on here the other day. *sad face*
Long story sho...well, too late for that. lol Can I use my acne wash or shoud I buy another one to use on the days I use MaMa lotion?

TIA

i think using your current facial cleanser should be fine. i used my mama lotion with my aveeno face wash and it worked just fine. btw, salicylic acid is a bha which is pretty much the same as an aha, only it's oil soluble. hope this helps! please post your progress!

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks! I found that in my Sephora mag/catalog so I went ahead and used it. I will certainly post my results..I just pray that they are as good as yours and others.
Last night, it tingled quite a bit when I put it on but then it subsided. When I washed it off this morning my skin felt smoother/softer on the areas it had been applied. So far that's all to report. *praying*

Thanks monniej!
smile.gif

you are so welcome! remember to only use it every other day until your skin can tolerate more! i know we get excited and want it to work faster, but in this case slower is better! too much too often can cause excessive peeling, so be careful!

Latest posts

Back