LBB Start to Finish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I continue to bow down to your greatness. Seriously. Let me know how beautiful that Kenneth Cole necklace is. I lust it.
I've been thinking about it, and you know what the difference between our trading styles is? You get your top items, I get my second and third tier items. I rarely get what I really wanted in my bags, because they are hard to get other people to give them up! So one of these times I gotta do it your way and instead of getting a big blowout of items, get 3 - 4 I will just adore and use all the time.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been thinking about it, and you know what the difference between our trading styles is? You get your top items, I get my second and third tier items. I rarely get what I really wanted in my bags, because they are hard to get other people to give them up! So one of these times I gotta do it your way and instead of getting a big blowout of items, get 3 - 4 I will just adore and use all the time.
lol, you are not capable of only 3 items. hahaha! I'm not even capable of only 3 items, I turn into a sad panda. I range anywhere from 4 to 8 items in my closing bags, but yes, I've never had an epic (9 items +) sized haul. I keep vowing to not get attached to stuff, but fail. 
sdrop.gif

To be honest I'm really in awe of those that can maintain really large bags of 9 or more and keep track of their offers. For a while in this cycle I had 8 and I could barely keep track of what I had offered on what lol. It would be soooo useful if there was something on the page of each item in the gallery listing what we had previously offered on it, and when. It can get a little confusing to just have it all on the bag page, and it really doesn't say what combos of items you put into something, that's all memory lol

Originally Posted by PlayinWitMakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay I couldn't understand some of the video. What was the brand they said they would be getting next month?
Jessica Simpson accessories! yayyy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Delicia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To be honest I'm really in awe of those that can maintain really large bags of 9 or more and keep track of their offers. For a while in this cycle I had 8 and I could barely keep track of what I had offered on what lol. It would be soooo useful if there was something on the page of each item in the gallery listing what we had previously offered on it, and when. It can get a little confusing to just have it all on the bag page, and it really doesn't say what combos of items you put into something, that's all memory lol
I wish they would let you know which combos you offered somewhere too. It is difficult to keep track of everything in your bag when you have six or more items. I just stick to making trades with whatever is the hardest to get rid of in my bag, then once that's out, I move on to the next hardest thing, etc and check my offfers often. I hate it when I miss a good offer, but hate it more that every time I check it's just lowballs! lol That's the way the game is played, but it would be nice to see a decent trade once in awhile!

I wish they would let you know which combos you offered somewhere too. It is difficult to keep track of everything in your bag when you have six or more items. I just stick to making trades with whatever is the hardest to get rid of in my bag, then once that's out, I move on to the next hardest thing, etc and check my offfers often. I hate it when I miss a good offer, but hate it more that every time I check it's just lowballs! lol That's the way the game is played, but it would be nice to see a decent trade once in awhile!
I wish we could see that too. Sometimes I wonder what exactly I offered. If what I see is really a 2for or if it's just a 1 for 1 trade. I make a lot of offers lol

Originally Posted by MrsG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last month, I used that code for extra item, so I got any ugly nail wrap as an extra instead of 5 dollars off.

But the bag came to me with some defects, the inside linen didn't stitched together. The fabric is not enough for sewing, so I have to maybe glue it together. They are so kind to give me a return credit for the bag value. So I also started with 4 items this month.
I got a bag a couple back where the lining had a huge rip in it at the seems. It was pretty bad. Sorry that happened to you too.

Originally Posted by seap3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You trade like I do.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't end up with mega bags, but I am happy to get things I love, so my value usually stays about the same.

I got the lydell necklace and gave it to my mom for a gift.  It's really pretty in person - I love the colors.  I also had the silver leaf earrings and was surprised how nice they were.  The weight and quality was a lot better than i expected.
I'd much rather have 3 items that I love and that will get a lot of use then 6 items that I just kinda like and will sit in my jewelry box or closet unused. That was just my first experience (and definitely not my last ;p) with LBB so i'm sure i'll get better at trading to where I can manage to get 4 or 5 items I love but I think that may take some time.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd much rather have 3 items that I love and that will get a lot of use then 6 items that I just kinda like and will sit in my jewelry box or closet unused. That was just my first experience (and definitely not my last ;p) with LBB so i'm sure i'll get better at trading to where I can manage to get 4 or 5 items I love but I think that may take some time.
I feel you I rather have stuff I actually love and know that I will use and wear instead of getting a bunch of things I probably wont wear. But if people can get 6 items or more of amazing items they love then great! That requires some skills ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm on my third LBB and still have never gotten all the items I've wanted in my bag or even at least 6 items. It does take a lot of time and work into it. But I love trading, it does get addicting knowing that you can get a lot of the items you like.

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel you I rather have stuff I actually love and know that I will use and wear instead of getting a bunch of things I probably wont wear. But if people can get 6 items or more of amazing items they love then great! That requires some skills ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm on my third LBB and still have never gotten all the items I've wanted in my bag or even at least 6 items. It does take a lot of time and work into it. But I love trading, it does get addicting knowing that you can get a lot of the items you like.
I'd rather have 9 things I like A LOT! And I just got Christmas gifts for all three of my sisters for only $50! WOOHOO!

I'd rather have 9 things I like A LOT! And I just got Christmas gifts for all three of my sisters for only $50! WOOHOO!
As long as my bag has all loves I'm happy. I would hate to get stuck with something I didn't like even if I had 9 items. Returns are such hassles and I just tend not to do them. So then it's like I have this item just laying around. I've already given one clutch to our local thrift store being of it lol

Wish I had sisters tho. So much easier to shop for then a brother lol

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As long as my bag has all loves I'm happy. I would hate to get stuck with something I didn't like even if I had 9 items. Returns are such hassles and I just tend not to do them. So then it's like I have this item just laying around. I've already given one clutch to our local thrift store being of it lol

Wish I had sisters tho. So much easier to shop for then a brother lol
Actually I do love everything coming in my bag. I had more stuff but traded a ton of it down to what I really wanted.

They need to do an lbb for men. I don't have brothers but I do have a husband, two sons, my father, nephews, and brothers-in-law. I would love to shop for them on lbb too!

Actually I do love everything coming in my bag. I had more stuff but traded a ton of it down to what I really wanted.

They need to do an lbb for men. I don't have brothers but I do have a husband, two sons, my father, nephews, and brothers-in-law. I would love to shop for them on lbb too!
I've had big bags as well. In fact the one coming today has 9 i think, one is a redken item tho, but I'm still interested to try it. I do love everything, but had to trade stuff down as well. It has 9 items, started with 4 with a exchange credit, and my bag was only a bit over 200. It's one of the bags on the first post. Sure you can't miss it lol. But I like to be a bit real in realizing I can't do it every time, especially if I really love something in the beginning and don't want to give it up. As I would rather have it then not get it back but have 2-3 items I still love in it's place.

It would be nice to have for men, but I can't see my boyfriend spending the time on it. So it would be nice to have more men's items in the regular bag.

I told my husband I was getting a wallet from LBB and he got a little excited thinking I bought him a new wallet.  I told him it was a ladies wallet which made him settle down but he told me to suggest they carry a few items that guys would like since "women do most the shopping for guys".  Personally I think he is spoiled!

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I told my husband I was getting a wallet from LBB and he got a little excited thinking I bought him a new wallet.  I told him it was a ladies wallet which made him settle down but he told me to suggest they carry a few items that guys would like since "women do most the shopping for guys".  Personally I think he is spoiled!
I would like it if they had some men's items. It would definitely soften the blow when I tell my bf I opened yet ANOTHER bag 
wink.gif
 hehe

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually...one of the items in my bag is for my son. He asked if they had sunglasses for men. I said no, but some might be unisex. Since I had gotten a trade offer for the Steve Madden aviators, I took it! I can't wear sunglasses since most of the time I already wear regular glasses. My contacts are itchy and annoy me since I have a scar under one of my eyelids. (Had a stye years ago that didn't heal right.) BUT...I had to give up my Betsey Roses to get them, so he owes me big time! lol

Originally Posted by lushtoblush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like it if they had some men's items. It would definitely soften the blow when I tell my bf I opened yet ANOTHER bag 
wink.gif
 hehe
I didn't even think of it that way, but you're right! My husband loves getting gifts, so if I said I opened a bag because I was thinking of him, the love of my life...lmao! Then he'd get all mushy about it instead of, "Sheesh! We have bills to pay!"

Latest posts

Back