Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by klg534 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did get the glossymag and was surprised because i saw someone on here did not get it. I got the snail mask...and am so interested and freaked out I am not sure If i will keep it or trade it.. decisions decisions
I feel the same way about the snail stuff! I haven't even gotten my box, so maybe I won't even get it.

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They should call this month the showgirl box. Or less politely, the stripper box.
yess.gif
LOL
moon.gif

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They should call this month the showgirl box. Or less politely, the stripper box.
yess.gif
That is exactly what I thought when I saw my gold and black cheetah print nail rock!  They belong to someone named Diamond Sparkle.  No idea how they got into my box.  
shot.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is exactly what I thought when I saw my gold and black cheetah print nail rock!  They belong to someone named Diamond Sparkle.  No idea how they got into my box.  
shot.gif

"diamond sparkle" LMAO!

This box sucks! I don't want any of it. I'm glad it was free.

Nail Rock - Union Jack Black & Gold

Bvlgari Soap

Snail Mask

Lisi lipgloss in Sweet Battery

Da Vinci Shimmer powder in Earth

Off to update trade list! 

I just don't think I can use the snail mask, especially now that I see it is one of those one use cut out like a face paper thingies. Those are creepy to begin with! Snail slime + face shaped paper Jason mask = squick.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just don't think I can use the snail mask, especially now that I see it is one of those one use cut out like a face paper thingies. Those are creepy to begin with! Snail slime + face shaped paper Jason mask = squick.
That makes me want to do it more. " face shaped paper Jason mask"
icon_lol.gif
  My son (6yrs old) is super interested that I have snail slime for my face.

Anyone else try out the

nail rocks?  They're awful.  I couldn't get them to adhere without wrinkling, they don't seem to have as much stretch to them as other nail "stickers"  the ones they sent in the November box were great, these, aside from being rather "young" are not easily applied.

Not totally in love with this box.  But not completely unhappy either.  Soap is up on ebay and the eyeliner is in the pile of 4 million other eye liners to work through. 

I tried the acne products tonight...seem ok. 

All in all pretty meh.  I'm bummed the Nail Rocks were such a problem for me, but I could've been in a rush to apply them....if I wanted to spend a lot of time doing my nails...I'd paint them with last month's liquid sand polish and wait FOREVER for it to dry! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The eyeshadow is really pretty...end on a positive note!

Well, I got my blog review up of this disaster of a box.  It's not positive, but it is (hopefully) funny.

Honestly, the thing I'm really grumpy about is that in an International box, 2 of my 5 items were American (LiSi and Da Vinci).  But... whatever.  I'm just grateful I found someone to trade my snail mask with.  Ladies, let me know what you think of the mask.  I'll be happy with the Evologie.

hmmmm it was ok. The thing that got to me was the foil packets, I don't like those as they're small and don't have very much product beyond a singular use which is hard to judge whether you should go out and spend a load of money for something you're not sure about.

full size Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips(repeat for me)

Crabtree & Evelyn Tarocco Orange hand care(foil packet 1 only)
Eucerin Anti wrinkle creams ( 2 foil packet - 1 for day and 1 for night)
anatomicals - you need a blooming shower gel in rose scent(too perfumey yuck!)
essence quattro eyeshadow - rock angel(i do like)
macadamia - healing oil treatment: theraputic oil for all hair types
globlove.com 25% off discount code

I'm in Canada so I didn't get some of the neat stuff some you got like the Bvglari, and snail mask sounded interesting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Anyone else try out the
nail rocks?  They're awful.  I couldn't get them to adhere without wrinkling, they don't seem to have as much stretch to them as other nail "stickers"  the ones they sent in the November box were great, these, aside from being rather "young" are not easily applied. Not totally in love with this box.  But not completely unhappy either.  Soap is up on ebay and the eyeliner is in the pile of 4 million other eye liners to work through.  I tried the acne products tonight...seem ok.  All in all pretty meh.  I'm bummed the Nail Rocks were such a problem for me, but I could've been in a rush to apply them....if I wanted to spend a lot of time doing my nails...I'd paint them with last month's liquid sand polish and wait FOREVER for it to dry! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The eyeshadow is really pretty...end on a positive note!
I agree with on the nail rock. The incoco had great stretchability so it was easy to apply and was less of a hassle. The nail rock was so tough I could barely have it trimmed perfectly. However I did have a lot of compliments on my nails today. So I'm not too fussy about it.

Originally Posted by Lin Point /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmmmm it was ok. The thing that got to me was the foil packets, I don't like those as they're small and don't have very much product beyond a singular use which is hard to judge whether you should go out and spend a load of money for something you're not sure about.

I'm in Canada so I didn't get some of the neat stuff some you got like the Bvglari, and snail mask sounded interesting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
Wow! I would have liked that box for the full size Biore strips and the Macadamia oil!!!! That's about $25 right there! Lucky! I'm addicted to pore strips though. Endless entertainment!! LOL

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today and I canceled! I am so glad this was free.  Most of it is going to my eBay sell bin.
What is your eBay name, I'd love to see what products you're selling

Originally Posted by Lin Point /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The hair oil you got is AMAZING, I use it and love it to death! And that little bottle retails for $13.95!!!!

Originally Posted by ricarlav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The hair oil you got is AMAZING, I use it and love it to death! And that little bottle retails for $13.95!!!!
I concur! Hands down Macadamia is the best hair oil I've ever used.

Big surprise, I did get my COSMO box yesterday!    I received:

Bvlgari Au The Blanc soap

Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Lava (shimmery chocolate brown)

Lisi Sheer Sparkle gloss in Battery Pink (light strawberry color)

Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro Gel Mask

Nail Rock nail wraps (silver, gold, and black stripes)
So, I'm happy that Glossybox upheld their end of the bargain, but I'm still not going to re-sub.  I'm giving Lip Factory a trial instead.

Back