Glossybox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am new here trying to reply to people.. hit the reply button and it comes in as a completely new post not showing what I am replying to. Anyhow, I have only been with Glossybox since December and have been happy until coming home to the 'international' (really??) box yesterday. Not really liking any of it (mostly because of the colors) and I am from Germany and know a bunch of European products... I was not familiar with any of it but the soap.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I am new here trying to reply to people.. hit the reply button and it comes in as a completely new post not showing what I am replying to. Anyhow, I have only been with Glossybox since December and have been happy until coming home to the 'international' (really??) box yesterday. Not really liking any of it (mostly because of the colors) and I am from Germany and know a bunch of European products... I was not familiar with any of it but the soap.
icon_neutral.gif
Instead of hitting Reply, hit quote and it will transfer the person's post into the box for you to comment.

Also, I don't think there is much out yet about the March box other than on the Glossybox website it says to "subscribe now for the Spring Fling box".

My glossybox came today and I got the two things I didnt want want. I got the snail mask and the crazy nail rock with the unicorns & mouths, those will be gifted.

So I tried the snail mask!

I found that I am not a fan of sheet masks, I found it hard to keep on my face and it felt odd, hept having to push it down to make sure I was getting the full effects...BUT. Afterwards, my skin felt amazing.

So, I do like the product! But I think I'd rather try one of the snail creams than another sheet mask (of any sort).

Here's your daily horror! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I totally agree with whoever said the Nail Rocks were impossible to get on. I prepped my nail exactly like they tell you to and I just couldn't get it to go on smooth. The shape of it did not curve along my nail correctly so it kept pleating. And the graphic design peeled off from the metallic backing that sticks to your nail.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found that I am not a fan of sheet masks, I found it hard to keep on my face and it felt odd, hept having to push it down to make sure I was getting the full effects...BUT. Afterwards, my skin felt amazing.

So, I do like the product! But I think I'd rather try one of the snail creams than another sheet mask (of any sort).

Here's your daily horror! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hate those masks. The Karuna ones are like that and they are like twice the size of my face. I feel like I have an average human sized face so I don't know why the mouth hole goes around my chin when I line the eye holes up correctly.

LMAO... I'm going to apply mine tonight- my dog is going to be hiding from me if I look like this- Sooo funny , thanks for the picture 

It's the perfect Halloween costume!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

HAHAHA. Yeah...scared the hell out of my man-friend...worth it, I guess. NOthing like spending 40 minutes of your evening looking like a serial killer.... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh man that is funny! Thanks for the laugh. I will be trying mine this weekend.

Originally Posted by Swtnsarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with on the nail rock. The incoco had great stretchability so it was easy to apply and was less of a hassle. The nail rock was so tough I could barely have it trimmed perfectly. However I did have a lot of compliments on my nails today. So I'm not too fussy about it.

I think had mine been a complete print I might have lived with some wrinkles, but since mine were the half red half print the solid side looked awful when wrinkled on my nails.  Looked like some children applied stickers to my nails.  Ha!  And since I waited too late to do my nails last night, their naked today since I couldn't keep the nail rocks on with how awful they looked...to me.  

Your nails look great!  

I got my box the other day. I am disappointed, but not enough to where I would cancel. I LOVE the pigment shadow that I got. It actually reminds me of Club from MAC only better. The gloss is an ugly orange so I'll probably give it away. I had to throw out the soap cause it was making me sneeze. The nail sticker I got were stripes so I'm interested to try them out. The design is not outrageous like some of those ones you have all gotten.

I've been with Glossybox since people in the US were able to sign up and this was the only box I was disappointed with.

Got my box yesterday and haven't tried a single thing after opening it... everything is still in the original boxes/packages.. sealed. I take it as a sign that Glossybox isn't right for me and now I definitely won't regret unsubscribing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HAHAHA. Yeah...scared the hell out of my man-friend...worth it, I guess. NOthing like spending 40 minutes of your evening looking like a serial killer.... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
rofl2.gif
I almost spit out my coffee on my keyboard.

Did anyone notice no GlossyMag this box? (or was it just me who didn't get one?)
I had 2 boxes that came this month without a magazine. Maybe because I told them I thought it was worthless on the last survey.

Latest posts

Back