Allure Beauty Box Summer Edition - on sale tomorrow 4/24

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

both box and kit are really great values.
That's why I got both
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really decent amount of stuff for the $50-ish amount paid for the box. And what I don't use will either go to family/friends or to a program that distributes health care items to those in need. I was ogling the dry shampoos as I use those when I've been lazy and not washed my hair. And my husband uses the CeraVe lotion for his psoriasis, so that won't go to waste. And I'm crazy for the Orly nail polish - glad I hadn't picked up that shade when at Ulta this past week. The only item I don't show is the 2 full-size Pantene shampoos. Don't use it in our house, so gave it away.

Often I use unwanted face wash as a body wash in the shower. Especially if it's acne fighting... figured its just a more gentle version since its for the face.

Lots of goodies! Apologies for the bedroom shot - all the products were left on my dresser and didn't know where else to move them.

These are awesome! Thanks for posting! I think the only products that I wont be keeping are the tanning stuff -- im a natural tan. Me and hubby will share almost everything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Im excited!

I am excited! A little shocked at myself for spending that much...but at least it's stuff that my brother and my husband can use as well.

how did you find out about this? I Am subscribed to Allure but I didnt get the notice.

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how did you find out about this? I Am subscribed to Allure but I didnt get the notice.
I just happened to see a post about it on another beauty forum on the day it went on sale. I jumped right on it, and it sold out in about 6 hours. 

Has anyone tried the Venus n olay razor from the box? I tried today n it is awesome u really do not need to use soap or shaving cream b4. It shaved my legs so close n left them super soft. However I tried the hot pink nail polish (great summer toe nail color) it was very thick n clumpy atleast mine was. Anyone else have this problem?

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the Venus n olay razor from the box? I tried today n it is awesome u really do not need to use soap or shaving cream b4. It shaved my legs so close n left them super soft. However I tried the hot pink nail polish (great summer toe nail color) it was very thick n clumpy atleast mine was. Anyone else have this problem?
My nail polish wasn't clumpy and it's a super nice pink. Maybe add a drop of nail polish remover.

I was inspired reading these posts...I just painted my toes with the Orly polish. The shade is called Beach Cruiser. It is intensely bright neon pink. It went on a little streaky, but evened out after a couple coats.

Originally Posted by Jenna1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't buy this box (yay, self control! FINALLY! Patting myself on the back a little too hard, ha ha . . . ) Okay, I wanted it, I really did, but had to cut back somewhere.  Plus, with all of the full size products, it would be very heavy to haul everything all the way down to Belize with all of my other stuff.  I'm glad you guys got it, though and I can live vicariously through you and hear about all of the goodies.

I did, however, try the Venus and Olay razor, I got it in February's Influenster Vox Box for free (gee, was I surprised when I was picked for that one! Score).  I absolutely love that razor.  These boxes work, because they definitely introduce me to new products that become staples.  I always use Venus and have for years, and so does my husband, actually, shh . . . don't tell anyone! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But the Olay combination together with the Venus works especially well.  I found there to be less nicks and a more comfortable shave.  The only slight problems that I could see were, 1 - it has kind of a big head and that makes it a little cumbersome when dealing with your bikini area - sorry if that's TMI! 
tapedshut.gif
 and 2 - it gets gooey if you put it down on the shower ledge after using, it sticks to the tile and leaves a mess.  But they already thought of that one and developed a really cool sticky cup that sticks to your shower wall and has a little hook to keep it hanging free from touching anything that'd make it gooey.  I'd definitely recommend people buying that razor, it's a smooth shaving experience that makes shaving easy and quick.  It's worth it to buy it just to try and to keep the sticky cup razor holder, I'm going to use that baby for any razor I use in the future, it's really cool and frees up room on my shower ledge for all of my tiny bottles from BB, Sample Society, etc.

Just did my fingernails in the pretty pale Sation color Off The Record Pink. It went on very streaky at first, but gave me opaque coverage in 3 coats. I rarely paint my fingernails (but always do my toes); when I do I prefer a nice nude color like this. 

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just did my fingernails in the pretty pale Sation color Off The Record Pink. It went on very streaky at first, but gave me opaque coverage in 3 coats. I rarely paint my fingernails (but always do my toes); when I do I prefer a nice nude color like this. 
I was thinking it would probably make a really good base color for marbling or other designs.

Back