Allure Beauty Box Summer Edition - on sale tomorrow 4/24

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sephora kit looks way more appealing to me as well. Way better brands and things that I actually wanted to try out. I've actually be dying to try out the st tropez self tanner and the sugar lips treatment.

I received my sephora kit last week and I'm buying this one too!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by akicowi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sephora kit looks way more appealing to me as well. Way better brands and things that I actually wanted to try out. I've actually be dying to try out the st tropez self tanner and the sugar lips treatment.
Both St Tropez tanners I got (in the Sephora kit and the QVC beauty test tube) were medium-dark, so i gave them to a girlfriend. I'd have liked to try them, too, but I am way too fair for them.

Quote: Originally Posted by akicowi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Both St Tropez tanners I got (in the Sephora kit and the QVC beauty test tube) were medium-dark, so i gave them to a girlfriend. I'd have liked to try them, too, but I am way too fair for them.
I just mixed mine with some regulas lotion in my hand and then applied. I still got a little color but it looked natural. I really like the St Tropez products. You could always try it on your legs first..

The reviews for the St. Tropez say that the Medium-Dark is good for pale skin too. I am pretty pale but I won't be trying it for another 2 weeks. I don't want it to go wrong (orange, or way too dark) while I'm still in school. But after May 8th, bring it on, St. Tropez!

i think the St Tropez were gradual tanners. I tried the Med-Dark on my pale skin (a test patch) and the first application just gave a hint of glow/color.

I got my shipping email this morning. 10lb box, wow! Expected date is May 4th, I'm excited!!

I'm excited too! Will probably open it up, confirm that it's not leaking, then seal it back up for when we move in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my shipping email this morning. 10lb box, wow! Expected date is May 4th, I'm excited!!
Anybody else gotten a shipping notice yet? I want mine NOW! 

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody else gotten a shipping notice yet? I want mine NOW! 
Got my notice yesterday and it will be here Friday. Trying to be patient... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my notice yesterday and it will be here Friday. Trying to be patient... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just got my shipping notice, and mine will be here Friday too! 
claps.gif

I got mine on Wednesday, and really like it--it's definitely a good value for the money spent, especially if you have more than one person in your household who will use the products (I mean, there are 3 face washes in there, which is kind of a lot lol). If anyone from Allure is listening, fewer face washes next time and maybe throw in a body wash.

The only thing I absolutely won't use is the blonde spray, because I have my hair lightened at the salon and don't want to mess with it.

Nail and lip colors are cute; the Burt's Bees color was a repeat for me (from the Eco Emi box). 

Basically when I opened it it felt like I'd just dropped a TON of money at the drugstore, except that I hadn't :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine on Wednesday, and really like it--it's definitely a good value for the money spent, especially if you have more than one person in your household who will use the products (I mean, there are 3 face washes in there, which is kind of a lot lol). If anyone from Allure is listening, fewer face washes next time and maybe throw in a body wash.

The only thing I absolutely won't use is the blonde spray, because I have my hair lightened at the salon and don't want to mess with it.
Mine just came! I agree about the washes, and will definitely be unloading the one for acne prone skin (at 50, not one of my concerns! 
laughing.gif
).The tanning stuff will go to a girlfriend, and the blonde spray to my sister. But I am still pretty excited about the value of the box. I've never used the Burt's Bees lip shimmer before and am really liking it. And pink is my favorite nail polish color, so getting a pale one for hands and a screaming hot one for toes makes me very happy! 

Is this box a once a year thing, or more often?

I didn't want this one...but really want the sephora sun safety kit. Its sold out online, and I called two stores around me and they didn't have it--BUT the one store near me hasn't gotten their shipment in yet, so lucky for me I can get one on Wednesday! Sorry to hijack the topic..this box has a lot of drugstore items from what I can remember and im really not a fan of that. There are a couple things in the sephora set that I already have and can give the doubles away. Sorry im just so excited to get it!!

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine just came! I agree about the washes, and will definitely be unloading the one for acne prone skin (at 50, not one of my concerns! 
laughing.gif
).The tanning stuff will go to a girlfriend, and the blonde spray to my sister. But I am still pretty excited about the value of the box. I've never used the Burt's Bees lip shimmer before and am really liking it. And pink is my favorite nail polish color, so getting a pale one for hands and a screaming hot one for toes makes me very happy! 

Is this box a once a year thing, or more often?
Can you post some pictures please? Mine is about to arrive on Tuesday and I am excited to see what is in it.

Really decent amount of stuff for the $50-ish amount paid for the box. And what I don't use will either go to family/friends or to a program that distributes health care items to those in need. I was ogling the dry shampoos as I use those when I've been lazy and not washed my hair. And my husband uses the CeraVe lotion for his psoriasis, so that won't go to waste. And I'm crazy for the Orly nail polish - glad I hadn't picked up that shade when at Ulta this past week. The only item I don't show is the 2 full-size Pantene shampoos. Don't use it in our house, so gave it away.

Often I use unwanted face wash as a body wash in the shower. Especially if it's acne fighting... figured its just a more gentle version since its for the face.

Lots of goodies! Apologies for the bedroom shot - all the products were left on my dresser and didn't know where else to move them.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't want this one...but really want the sephora sun safety kit. Its sold out online, and I called two stores around me and they didn't have it--BUT the one store near me hasn't gotten their shipment in yet, so lucky for me I can get one on Wednesday!

Sorry to hijack the topic..this box has a lot of drugstore items from what I can remember and im really not a fan of that. There are a couple things in the sephora set that I already have and can give the doubles away. Sorry im just so excited to get it!!
Here is the link for the products for the Allure box: 

http://avs-beauty-box.s3.amazonaws.com/april2012/products.html

I like that the Allure box has drug store stuff in it. A lot of the products I've seen at the store and wanted to buy it. I got a great personal value out of this box. Also the Allure box has all full sized products while the Sephora sun kit has lots of sample sizes (granted they are still pretty high end pricey items and some full size products). I'm looking over the Sephora items and a lot of them are sunblock lotions/moisturizers and face sunblock products. I personally don't think I can use all those products in a timely matter since I only have one face hahah! But both box and kit are really great values. I guess I just like more variety. 

Back