Allure Beauty Box Summer Edition - on sale tomorrow 4/24

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered, but the $10 was steep to me. $54 total with tax for me. I guess I will get a lot of use from it though.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to place my order twice and got "Your order could not be completed. Please review the information you entered and try again," both times. The info I entered is correct, so maybe it was just not meant to be? Oh, well. I'd probably only have used half the stuff anyway...
BUT when I check the website for the credit card I used, the charge shows up (just once...I don't have enough $ on there for it to have gone through twice, thankfully). Soooo... watch out for a bogus "error" message, ladies!

The $10 shipping charge killed it for me. I was on the edge before. Now I definately don't think it's worth it for me. I have so much product already.

I was considering it but looking at the brands, I decided not to. A lot of hair stuff I won't use, and biore, jergens, cetaphil, clean and clear etc...if i want to try any of those I"ll just go buy it. 

I got it. The fekkai glossing cream is a product I really like, so in the end I had to ask whether I would pay $30 more for all of the other products, then I thought about the CeraVe which I've been wanting to try, then it came down to $20 for all of that other stuff. And razors alone are like $8. And there's a sunblock in there. I'll definitely use at least $60 worth of stuff from the box, and I can try some new things. My husband can use the face washes and lotions too.

I think the only products I won't use are the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo (because it doesn't work for me), John Freida's Frizz Control, and the Pureology Miracle Filler. 

I'll definitely be getting my money's worth.

I just got the email. I was excited about this until I got a closer look at the brands. Meh, I'll pass this time. The boxes have been better in the past. I'd rather buy a beauty/treat haul at the $1 Japanese store next week.

It's a good deal if you use what's in the box.

I was on the fence, but the fact that it's all full size products threw me off. What the heck, it's only (the price of) five birchboxes, right? 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm sure I can use most of these products, and my blond sister can have the Frieda spray. 

The Sephora Sun Safety Kit can also be an alternative 'Summer' box.  Smaller samples but with higher end brands. I just saw it in Shape magazine for $26 and when I went to the site it's $30? I don't think I have ever paid over $25 for it in the past. Weird. The case it comes in looks cute. Too bad shipping isn't free!http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P309406?skuId=1418680

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Sephora Sun Safety Kit can also be an alternative 'Summer' box.  Smaller samples but with higher end brands. I just saw it in Shape magazine for $26 and when I went to the site it's $30? I don't think I have ever paid over $25 for it in the past. Weird. The case it comes in looks cute. Too bad shipping isn't free!http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P309406?skuId=1418680
I think it has more samples this year, explaining the $5 increase. It's worth it, IMO. The train case is a little lower quality than a caboodle train case though. The walls are not as thick.

I don't know about this one though, $50 is a bit much for stuff.. but I AM very tempted.

I'm a sucker for "kits"...I ordered the Allure one today, which I feel is a great value considering I will use 90% of the products.  I also ordered the Sephora Sun Safety kit last week... I ordered it with some Urban Decay Potion primer so that my shipping was free.  I LOVE the value in both of these kits and love trying the new and high end products.

I'm a sucker for the 'kits' too... and basically anything sample- or travel-sized.

I travel for work, so the smaller sized products are PERFECT for me! I just got the Sephora Sun Kit over the weekend... I'll use everything except for the Self-Tanning items (St Tropez Gradual Tan, the tanning towlettes) which I'll most likely trade or make into a 'get-ready-for-summer care package' for one of my friends (I have 2 of the St Tropez as I got one in the QVC Test Tube as well).

Oh thank goodness...I almost ordered it because the deal is so good! I totally don't need anything in there though. 

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's sold out already! 
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 I'll use everything except for the Self-Tanning items (St Tropez Gradual Tan, the tanning towlettes) which I'll most likely trade or make into a 'get-ready-for-summer care package' for one of my friends (I have 2 of the St Tropez as I got one in the QVC Test Tube as well).
I got two self tanners, too. I might have been willing to give them a try if either had been Light-Medium, but both are Medium-Dark. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
 I'm shipping them off to a darker toned girlfriend. 

I think last year's was 25 but I LOVE this year's! It's 17 items (if you include the bare mineral brush and powder as one) and I think i will use almost everything. And the case is very sturdy. I was excited to use it buy my 4 year old declared it a treasure box and has been toting it everywhere filled with a million little things ha ha

About a month ago I read somewhere that an Allure Beauty Box will be offered on the Allure virtual store on May 25th at 12:01 EDT.  I wonder if that is noon or midnight.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BUT when I check the website for the credit card I used, the charge shows up (just once...I don't have enough $ on there for it to have gone through twice, thankfully). Soooo... watch out for a bogus "error" message, ladies!
I had the same issue. except that mine didn't show in my account, I retried 5x! I called my bank and they verified there were pending charges for Allure -- so I emailed Allure and reversed them. Good thing I didn't have to wait that long. I have the correct billing address, i do not know why the system does not accept it. I just used another card.

They told me that the process was not complete because of address verification.

Back