2009-2010 NHL Hockey Chatter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing that Detroit is in last place in the central division (26th in the league) and the Blue Jackets are in first? Lol.

Penguins beat the Canes 3-2 in a shootout!! Was a great game.. Penns lost a 2 - 0 lead in the 3rd when Carolina tied it up.. No score in OT and then after 12 shooters Chris kunitz beats Cam Ward for the W!! Looks like the Rangers beat LA so they are still tied for first!

Great hockey game on tonight. Caps are beating the Sharks at home 4-1 with 14 something left. Alexander the Great got 2 goals within 28 seconds in the 2nd period.

They better win this. They haven't beaten the Sharks since 1999! Jose Theodore is injured and Varlamov is on starting in the second.

I was looking for this video by this 9 year old kid that is on a Bruins commercial. Can't find it, but did find this which i thought you might all like
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif San Jose look lethargic....... ok you can spin it that way. I just thought the Caps happened to look real sharp. Did you see the whole game?

I rarely watch hockey. I used to live in Tennessee so I am somewhat of a fan of most sports in the state. I was in Nashville when they got their hockey team. I dont know how good the predators are these days. My sister is still down there and she goes to the games every once in a while.

Phoenix Coyotes to give away tickets if they win certain home games

Looking to fill seats, the beleaguered Phoenix Coyotes are offering free tickets.

The NHL team unveiled a promotion Friday that will see it give away tickets if it wins on certain nights. The first such game comes on Oct. 24 against Los Angeles - one of five this season that includes a Dec. 5 game against Ottawa.

The Coyotes have labelled the promotion "join the pack" and hope it strengthens the relationship between the organization and its fans.

The bankruptcy proceedings over the summer severely hampered the team's ability to market itself and sell tickets.

The Coyotes managed a sellout in their home opener when all tickets were sold for $25 or less. The team's second home game on Thursday night drew an announced crowd of just 6,899.

Phoenix has had success on the ice so far this season with a 4-2 record. If that continues, it will be giving away plenty of tickets to future games.

"Our 'join the pack' promotion ... serves as a call to action, encouraging people to support the team by purchasing tickets and experiencing Coyotes hockey live," Coyotes president Doug Moss said in a statement.

Source: Phoenix Coyotes to give away tickets if they win certain home games - Yahoo! Canada News

.................................................. .....................................

Ya know, it doesn't matter how bad the Leafs get, it's impossible to get any ticket - unless you buy one from a scalper

Wow giving away tickets. I am sure if they had moved to Hamilton that would have been the furthest thing from their minds.

Caps pulled out a win in the shootout. Ovechkin got 2 goals + the winner in the shootout. They look so one-dimensional at time......

some interesting pics i found attached

Could the Leafs envision a worse start to a season.. 0 - 6 - 1? Wow.. The Penguins have a student rush line where if there are any unsold seats then college students get them for $20.. But you can only get them an just before the game.. They also show the games on a big screen outside during the playoffs.. All for free..

Penns 7-1-0 and tied with the Rangers for first..

Not making any excuses for the leafs but their two goalies are injured and Phil Kessel hasn't started yet, due to an injury.

Not to worry - all teams have cycles of greatness and suckability. If memory serves me, last year it came down to the wire to see which teams will fill the last four playoff positions.

Rangers fall to San Jose last night (2-7) giving the Penguins a chance tonight to take sole position of first! Funny too that bad boy Avery and whinner Heatly were both playing exceptionally well.. Penns vs St Louis tonight at the Iglo!

Did you see that goal that was disallowed at the end of the Oilers vs Canucks last night... The puck slid under Khabibulin and accross the goal line a split second after the green light came on and the game ended.. Oilers win 2-1...

'Monster' closer to Leafs return

20091006222730306424000-gyi-210x210.jpg

The sight of Jonas Gustavsson in full equipment stopping pucks had to create some positive vibes for the Maple Leafs yesterday at the MasterCard Centre. The show lasted only until the rest of the team went on the ice and Gustavsson and his sore groin departed. But the Leafs are cautiously optimistic that "The Monster" will be able to come off injured reserve either Monday in Anaheim or a week tomorrow in Dallas.

Toronto Sun

Jonas Gustavsson, AP

Penguins crush St Louis 5 - 1... Everyone was on fire!!! And move into first place..
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I can't beileve Gonchar broke his wrist last night.. I knew he went off the ice in the third but wasn't till this morning while listening to NHL Home Ice that I found out he is out for 6 weeks!! Damn! He's our break out of the zone man!!

Islanders finally win a game over Carolina... Leaving only one team who hasn't won... What's going on Carolyn?

Penguins pick up veteran D Martin Skoula previously with the Wild to replace Gonchar..

I think there are like 9 games tonight! including the Caps return to action.

I don't see anything about Toronto until Sat maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

more hockey smilies!

for Carolyn

BagHeadFan.gif

for ME!

ovechkinpn4.png

for Karren

I love that new NHL commercial playing on the NHL channel... with the three segmented face that keep scrolling.... each one talking about the this year it is their year.... then the last one is Sid... and he just says "Nahh" lol

Howe about that head shot to Florida's Booth by Richards?? Deamed as a "legal hit"... they are going to have to crack down one hits to the head... too many players beign seriously injured and someone is going to die...

Top 10 Sidney Crosby Comercials... No 10 is great.... even the Hansen brothers are in it....

Latest posts

Back