2009-2010 NHL Hockey Chatter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey what happened to Canada vs. Russia today? Carolyn? Carolyn? are you home??~

Muffin...muffin...

Russia won 5-2. To be honest I don't think anyone cares because Canada and US did so well in the olympics and Russia sucked.

Czech Republic, Sweden, Russia and Germany are playing for the medals in the Worlds. Must be exciting for Germany as I believe that the tournament is being held there.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

So who's watching Philly take the third game tonight?

Muffin: Are you still pouting over Washington's ass kicking?

Philly has taken the third hehe

Anyone else predict a Chicago/Philadelphia final?

I fell asleep in the third.. When it was 2-0 Philly. Woke up with 30 seconds to go.. Philly vs Chicago?

Congrats to Chicago! They are heading off to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Too bad the same thing can't be said for Washington's Ovechkin.

Seems that hockey gods have had enough of his crap - he hasn't won a single tournament this year.

Not the Stanley Cup. Not the Olympic games. And now, not the Worlds.

In case you haven't heard, the Czech Republic got the Gold with Russia coming in second.

Ovechkin even took out Federov in a very bad play - Federov left the game and Czech got a goal out of the fiasco!

I wonder if the NHL awards will throw the poor boy a trophy out of pity, 'cause he sure hasn't earned a damn thing...

Moral of the story - don't tick off the hockey gods!

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Congrats to Chicago! They are heading off to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Too bad the same thing can't be said for Washington's Ovechkin.

Seems that hockey gods have had enough of his crap - he hasn't won a single tournament this year.

Not the Stanley Cup. Not the Olympic games. And now, not the Worlds.

In case you haven't heard, the Czech Republic got the Gold with Russia coming in second.

Ovechkin even took out Federov in a very bad play - Federov left the game and Czech got a goal out of the fiasco!

I wonder if the NHL awards will throw the poor boy a trophy out of pity, 'cause he sure hasn't earned a damn thing...

Moral of the story - don't tick off the hockey gods!

i will certainly remember that about the hockey gods!

Oh lay o lay o lay...

Guess what everybody?

Philly kicked Montreal's sorry butt - hehe

Saturday May 29 - be there or be square - Philly vs Chicago for Lord Stanley's Cup!!!

Guess I'm rooting for Philly! Because they are from PA. And the Eastern conference and they don't have any players name Marian Hossa on their team! Lol.

Montreal just never had it. I guess i will be rooting for Philly too. (Don't want Chicago) but i think Chicago will win.

haha i am still new at this. my team must have pissed off the hockey gods.

some other fallout from the San Jose - Chicago series

Blackhawks Attempt To Find Out Why Shark On San Jose Logo Is Eating Hockey Stick

SAN JOSE, CA—Baffled members of the Chicago Blackhawks reportedly scrutinized San Jose's logo Tuesday in an attempt to determine some logical reason as to why it pictures a ferocious underwater predator eating a hockey stick. "Sharks are primarily carnivorous, so it really makes no sense for them to suddenly introduce wood to their diet," said center Jonathan Toews, wondering how a hockey stick would wind up in the ocean. "Isn't a mascot animal supposed to be in favor of hockey? Why then would he ruin a good stick by biting it in half? Also, not to get too nitpicky, but San Jose is inland, so they don't have sharks, unless the shark is bursting up through the rink, which is just unrealistic and stupid." The San Jose Sharks were reportedly just as confused by the Blackhawks logo, failing to understand what a somewhat racist representation of a Native American had to do with hockey.

nc08flqzjyftfftmh3in.gif

56.gif

Congrats to Stevie Y!! New GM of Tampa! He was an awesome player and a great VP and I figure the wings will miss him big time! Angela said she was going to stop by his house and see if she can get me some Lightning tickets!

Way to go Stevie! He was instrumental in putting the Canadian Men's Team together, that won the gold medal in Vancouver 2010.

He's a first class guy and I'm sure he will do well in Tampa Bay.

.................................................. ....

Why in Jonathan Toews looking back at the sharks rather than forward to Philly?

NHL to announce outdoor games in Pittsburgh, Calgary on Friday

TSN.ca Staff5/27/2010 5:21:25 PM

While outdoor hockey may well be the last thing on fans minds at the moment, the NHL will formally announce the locations of dual Winter Classic games next season. The Pittsburgh Penguins will host the Washington Capitals at Heinz Field on New Year's Day, while the Montreal Canadiens will travel to Calgary sometime in February to face the Flames at McMahon Stadium. This will be the second time that a Canadian city has hosted an outdoor game after Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium set the standard in the inaugural Winter Classic between the Oilers and Canadiens in 2003. This will also be the second time that the Pittsburgh Penguins have been involved in the Winter Classic after they faced the Buffalo Sabres at Ralph Wilson Stadium in 2008.

Guess what Karren's getting for Christmas??? Yeah!! Were going to the Winter Classic!!

This is great news!

It's wonderful to see an idea to shape to become success.

So which Classic game are you going to Karren - or does it go without saying?

Latest posts

Back