The most important tips i learned from my MUT gals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...a LOT of things. I haven't tried UDPP yet, but I will! Still, I think the most important thing I learned is the importance of having an e/s base, such as cream shadows/paints/shadesticks. Before I joined MUT, I just used e/s without a base whatsoever, and because most of my e/s are drugstore brand, they are dull and faded by the end of the day. Now, even with drugstore brand e/s, they stay on and remain vibrant til I wash it off at night.

Eyeshadow blending, DEFINITELY. (I FAILED at that spectacularly before figuring out how to do it from this site.) Also, brand recommendations and what to AVOID, as well as tutorials on how to achieve lots of great new looks.

Thanks, guys!

I also learnt about primer and blending.. I learnt about how to apply several colours of eyeshadow... I didnt even own a BRUSH to apply makeup with before MUT!

i learned nothing other than all those brand names that i couldnt care less about since i dont buy brands and never will.

i know everything i need to about makeup since i studied it. im no expert of course so if i ever had a question id ask. i just wish you wouldnt constantly talk about mac mac mac. i never heard of it before i cant afford either. it feels like youe advertising it.

id much rather read homemade tips, tricks and ways to store makeup make it last longer and how to apply it.

sorry for b*itchin but it depresses me to read about expensive brands i cant have

Originally Posted by DizzyCow /img/forum/go_quote.gif i learned nothing other than all those brand names that i couldnt care less about since i dont buy brands and never will.i know everything i need to about makeup since i studied it. im no expert of course so if i ever had a question id ask. i just wish you wouldnt constantly talk about mac mac mac. i never heard of it before i cant afford either. it feels like youe advertising it.

id much rather read homemade tips, tricks and ways to store makeup make it last longer and how to apply it.

sorry for b*itchin but it depresses me to read about expensive brands i cant have

I can't really afford these brands to often either... but there are also cheap brands "promoted" on this board... Milani, NYX etc... (these two brands I would never pay attention to if not for MUT)

i dont even buy cheap makeup anymore. i have to do with what i have. life sucks

but on a brighter note i guess what i have learned so far from mut girls is more about techique from pictures they post, ways they apply makeup creatively and use their imagination

MMU, emu oil.

It consoles me that there are those like spend spend so much on MU
biggrin.gif

UDPP and Monistat anit-chafing gel.

Oh and that there are a whole lot of MMU companies I am waiting for samples from
smile.gif

OHH and NYX eyeshadows!!

Warmly,

beaglette

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Last but not least, I've learned that you can make friends online and there are great people here that really care about each other. i'm with you on this one, kelly! this is one of the most important things i've learned!!
the other is that when you think you're the only person to experience something you can come here and find someone who's had a similar experience (makeup related or not) and get advice and support! so cool!

i've learned to be more fearless about trying new things!

i've learned that i do still have a relevant point of view and lots in common with younger women. when i'm here i don't feel like the old lady that's spying! lmao~

The importance of having the right tools, practicing, and not being afraid to try new things/looks!

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i've learned that i do still have a relevant point of view and lots in common with younger women. when i'm here i don't feel like the old lady that's spying! lmao~

Yep. Women are women at any age and we all want to look pretty, don't we???

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yep. Women are women at any age and we all want to look pretty, don't we??? so very true!

i have learned sooo much,

my most important was the "outer V" tutoria

and udpp

but i know if it wasnt for MUT i woulnt be at MAC now, i ve learned so much, and i have practiced and practiced and i found others with the same love ( obsession, lets not lie lol) that i have

thanks girls! xox

UDPP and mineral make-up. Would you believe I didn't even know about mineral make-up before this site?!

Also, that there are people out there with a worse obsession than me!

I learnt that you can make awesome friends on the internet, I learnt that an angled brush will make your eyeshadow application a million times easier, that primer is worth the money you spend on it, that you can mix foundation with primer and moisturiser to make it creamier and less thick and heavy looking..

I learnt about how to blend (which I still cant do all that well)

you can use eyeshadow as a liner.. so many things, I think my makeup looks so much better than BMUT - Before MakeUpTalk!

Latest posts

Back