(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When I was clicking through the boxes I got this screen that said "Your current box" on box 36. Has anyone who has gotten their box noticed this or anyone else?

It looks like its saying that on all of the boxes for me right now. Unless you're referring to something different.

Quote: Originally Posted by sbeam36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today! I got box number 8 and my weight was .580 I'm actually very happy!!

How big is the sample of Fake Up?

I got mine today also. Such a cute dryer. I am going to try it tomorrow and see how well it will works with my thick long hair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my Amika mini hair dryer and pick two in the mail today. It is cute!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's just you.  They're only in a third of the boxes.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I just went through and counted how many boxes I can get once the Stainiac boxes -- and only the Stainiac boxes -- are eliminated.  I did *not* eliminate the Ruffian boxes because of what happened with the Color Club Wanderlust collection:  They sent second bottles in different colors to people who had nail polish marked as an interest. Of course, I had already traded for the color that they sent me the second time!
Can't they do that with the Stainiac though? I rec'd one in my box last July in Beauty Queen. It was too dark but I loved the application so I bought Prom Queen. If I do get it please let it be Homecoming Queen!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  this might be my holy grail box omg, fingers crossed!

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb10

or this

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb6

eta: or this dang this one looks nice https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb18

i'm just excited about all the different skin care products

I was just checking the boxes and jotting down my faves and I also would love 10 or 18!!!!

I haven't received an e-mail but I just checked and my truck is clickable. I was looking for my e-mail notification for last month and see that I just never got one. That's the first time that ever happened to me. I hope this isn't going to continue.

Quote: Originally Posted by sbeam36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the box it says .01oz when I open it, looks like only a nub. :-/

Oh that's pretty disappointing

Can't they do that with the Stainiac though? I rec'd one in my box last July in Beauty Queen. It was too dark but I loved the application so I bought Prom Queen. If I do get it please let it be Homecoming Queen!
They could, but I got the impression that they were just sending out the one shade they already sent out.

My box contents updated.  I'm getting several skin products and a conditioner.  I am not unhappy as I need more skin samples, but I have fine hair and I always get hair samples made for dry or damaged hair.  

Quote: Originally Posted by rigs32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box contents updated.  I'm getting several skin products and a conditioner.  I am not unhappy as I need more skin samples, but I have fine hair and I always get hair samples made for dry or damaged hair.  

Your page updated already? Wow, BB is on fire this month!!

Quote: Originally Posted by rigs32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow really? my box page is still on september and has shipped.

Mine also still shows September, but I got reeeeeeally excited there for a second, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine also still shows September, but I got reeeeeeally excited there for a second, lol.

I know right? I went to BB as quick as I could, and then was like  
sadno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know right? I went to BB as quick as I could, and then was like  
sadno.gif

Me too.....

eusa_wall.gif

I hope to get either the Floss Gloss nail polish or the Benefit Fakeup!  I'd be happy with any of the skin care products also.

I'm thinking maybe 20 and 26 for me. Yes, I would like a Fakeup and a Liz Earle, like everyone else, but I also want a Karuna mask (love paper face masks after trying them recently!) and either the Reality Based Foundation or the Dermablend Foundation. Box 21 with the eye cream would be good as well.

I actually reactivated my 3rd subscription because there seemed to be soooo many good things this month (unlike last month). Seems like box 18 would be good for my 3rd sub, so I tried to target it, but I forget what is in it, lol. Still, if between all my boxes I get 2 or 3 of these things at the top of my wishlist and avoid anything horrible, I think I'll be happy.

The good news is, for once, I should not get several boxes on my 2 main accounts thanks to the Stainiac. I think this is the first time I was able to rule out any box due to dupes. Oh well. Fingers crossed. If I don't get the foundation in any of the 3 boxes, I won't buy it as I have plenty already. I just like to try new ones for fun. I'd consider buying the Fakeup, but I feel very bad about ordering Benefit since I found out they sell in China (which means animal testing). So, getting it free would be great, but ordering it makes me feel less than an inch tall. The only things I think I *might* buy if I don't get them are the Liz Earle and the masks. But getting to try them first would be so much better than buying on faith they will be great.

One thing is for sure--I'm actually excited for my BB--probably moreso than ever!

smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like 3, 15, and 18 best, but there are many i would still be happy with.

I agree! for some reason this month I'm finding a lot of different combinations I'd love to get.

*ENABLER ALERT*

If anyone remembers SW Basics lip balm that was featured in Birchbox awhile ago, for the month of October their lip balms are only $1!

*EDIT*

Just tried to check out and shipping is UPS Ground for $10.60.   No thank you!

Latest posts

Back