How do you deal with facial hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg. i have the same problem, i have so much facial hair. I thread my upperlip like evry day and pluck my eyebrows almost evryday, i shave the space between my eyebrow and i really dont know what to do about it cuz  im tired of threading and plucking evry day, is there other fast way i can do it? im 15
biggrin.gif

I used to wax years ago, but now I can manage with just plucking with tweezers.

What I don't get is how those stupid hairs go from not being there at all one day

to being long & standing straight out the next day!!  I see them and wonder how

on earth I missed seeing them the day before??

I had Laser Hair Removal (LightSheer laser) on my face, arms, armpits, bikini area and legs.  It was pricey, but worth it.  I had some stragglers that Electrolysis had to take care of, but it was permanent (at least for the last 4 years it has been) and my skin looks fantastic(no roughness or discoloration or anything from hair removal).  I didn't have much hair at all, but my mom's advice in regards to cosmetic procedures was do it earlier in life and enjoy the benefits for longer.  She got hair removal in her late 30s and said she wished she'd done it in her teens and twenties (like I did, 18 - 20).

Electrolysis is pretty effective for facial hair removal. Electrolysis destroys the hair follicle, making it much less likely for the hair to grow back. With electrolysis, the hair isn't removed permanently, and you'll have to get it done in multiple treatments. Electrolysis is also more expensive so that's a thing to consider. One step up from electrolysis is laser hair removal, which is more expensive. It needs to be done by a licensed professional and also takes up a lot of time.

I use an epispring, the REM Spring. It's pretty much a coiled spring that you roll across your face in a bent U shape. It catches a bunch of hairs in between the coils and pulls them out as you go. Yes, it's pretty painful, but my hair doesn't grow back as thick (it seems) and you get more used to the pain as you go.

Which epilator do you use, if you don't mind me asking? I have PCOS too and hair removal is a bia---the hairs are extremely coarse and thick! Retin A is a must for me at night and Philosophy's microdelivery cleanser at least four times a week in the shower....----really helps with freeing the ingrown hairs or hairs that would otherwise go the route of being ingrown---and providing a smoother surface for makeup, but yea I totally cannot wax, it messes my skin up something vicious and I stay red for days.  Also a lot of waxers are just inexperienced and make stupid comments about the hair not coming out easily when they wax...so they just keep doing it over and over and over again, until my skin is raw for maybe the one or two hairs that will not be removed...ever heard of tweezers ma'am? Ugh. Even when you call and discuss with them prior to your appt. that you have PCOS and hair removal will not be easy because the hairs are firmly rooted and thick, they don't get it...they all say the same thing, "oh I have had to wax hairy women before, it's my job I know what I'm doing.  Don't worry haha"  However, on the legs and thighs I do every now and then because some I get lazy and I hate having to shave every day, but that ends up being what I have to do anyhow lol.....saving up for my next wax session now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Waxing pulls your skin, an epilatory is very harsh for your face, and bleaching is harsh and can make it look just as noticeable. I shave, but I have to do it every day. Laser sounds best, but it's so expensive. Plucking can work but if you have a lot of hair, it will take forever. I just shave and then put on my make up on my face and neck.

I have PCOS which can cause some facial hair in inappropriate places.. I'm very self-conscious about this but it ended up being almost instantly (1-2 days) after getting it threaded or using nail that it would start coming back. My mother in law was staying at our house and I noticed she had a little electric hand razor. I asked her about it and she said it was great and she could use it in the shower or out wet/dry. I ended up getting the exact same one she has and I love it. It was about $40 and it works great. I use it on my chin hair, underarms, and legs (of course I clean it in between). 

Perhaps a long term solution would be to have lazer treatment to get rid of it. 

Oh and FYI the one I bought was the Phillips Lady Shaver. I did get it from a UK site, because my mother in law is British, so I was looking for the same one she had.. and it works great except I had to buy an adaptor to charge it, which was a pain in the neck to find. 

Originally Posted by Karen85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try laser surgery,there are lots of surgical procedure though but if other self treatment wont work,its time to consult the expert
I gave myself laser IPL hair removal for Xmass   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Best gift ever.

and it was worth every penny. It`s painless and rly fast! 

That was just for facial hairs, I plan to do EVERYTHING soon :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I`m just lazy.

I never had facial hair until after my son was born, and slowly and surely i started to notice a darker top lip.  Like, ohhh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So i didnt know what to do with it!!  I seen my mum go through years of electrical treatments - electrolysis - thats the word, and thought i was on the slope to costly treatments to. But!! I did the lemon exfoliator (cotton pad, load up with sugar, cover with lemon juice) and where i exfoiliated my upper lip, it kind of took the hair away - like a sugar scrub i guess, and im guessing the lemons help to lighten the hair too.  So when i start to notice it, i pay a little extra attention to that area when i use the sugar/lemon scrub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It might not stop the problem at the root, but it does work and is cheap and easy to maintain.

Originally Posted by Sugababe28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never had facial hair until after my son was born, and slowly and surely i started to notice a darker top lip.  Like, ohhh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  So i didnt know what to do with it!!  I seen my mum go through years of electrical treatments - electrolysis - thats the word, and thought i was on the slope to costly treatments to. But!! I did the lemon exfoliator (cotton pad, load up with sugar, cover with lemon juice) and where i exfoiliated my upper lip, it kind of took the hair away - like a sugar scrub i guess, and im guessing the lemons help to lighten the hair too.  So when i start to notice it, i pay a little extra attention to that area when i use the sugar/lemon scrub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It might not stop the problem at the root, but it does work and is cheap and easy to maintain.
This can happen due to early sun exposing after the treatment :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my friend had the same problem..

Have you tired the Olay balm? It's a great way to get rid of facial hair. It's so smooth and nice. You don't shave. You just apply the balm, wait for a while then you use another gadget that comes along with it and bam! Hair is gone. It's a great way and it's cheap, you can get it at drug stores like walmart. Not to mention it doesn't nick your skin, hair is gone about two-three weeks and it's better than shaving. When you shave facial hair, it grows faster and faster. Not to mention it make your pores around that area bigger. It's great. You should really try it. I encourage it. Tell me how it worked out for you!

Originally Posted by Quickfixhelp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tired the Olay balm? It's a great way to get rid of facial hair. It's so smooth and nice. You don't shave. You just apply the balm, wait for a while then you use another gadget that comes along with it and bam! Hair is gone. It's a great way and it's cheap, you can get it at drug stores like walmart. Not to mention it doesn't nick your skin, hair is gone about two-three weeks and it's better than shaving. When you shave facial hair, it grows faster and faster. Not to mention it make your pores around that area bigger. It's great. You should really try it. I encourage it. Tell me how it worked out for you!
Thanks for the review- I've been wondering about this.  Next time I go to the big city, I'll pick some up.

This is really uncomfortable for any woman. Fortunately i do not have this kind of problem. Where is the hair on your face? Is it thick? Thick dark hair on the cheeks and chin are often the most noticeable.

I think Waxing is the perfect way for facial hair or you can simply bleach your face. 

I'm also in the camp that now shaves with a facial razor. I've done waxing, plucking, threading, and creams. I loved the creams until last year they stopped working, so now I just shave. Have to do it everyday unfortunately, due to hormonal issues. Sucks, but it works! And I'm not willing to dish out for electrolysis just yet.

Latest posts

Back